White Swan, WASHINGTON

Most Recent White Swan Camping Reviews
Nice park

Stayed in July quit park pretty good WiFi

Family favorite

My friend showed me this place when I was in middle school and I haven’t stopped going back to it since. I try to keep it low key when people ask me where I camped but I need to stop being selfish lol

Eww, eww, eww!

Park is adjacent to a dirty truck stop with two interstates intersecting….we kept driving south along the river towards Yakima and found 3 beautiful blm campgrounds!

Great off the road stop

We enjoyed one night at this national campground. Nice spacious private sites. Clean fire rings and adequate bathrooms. There was wild roosters running around which was difficult for our retrievers who are pheasant hunting dogs. The mossy cliff was beautiful and fun foot bridge. We were warned there’s a lot of rattlesnakes in summer,but we camped in February.

A favorite that we keep coming back to!

We've camped here many times! It's always been clean, well maintained, and positive. We're coming back in July 2020!

No frills - but free!

This is an easy to access, near to attractions, dispersed site with a view! No more than a big parking lot next to the river really, but for free…. it can not be beat!  Primitive camping with no amenities other than a vault toilet= no frills, but no fees(as of Feb 2018)! It could be windy and it could get very busy so keep those negatives in mind, however check out the positives! A nice waterfront view with lots of solar potential!

Location = Great Noise... not so great!

Maryhill State Park sits alongside the Columbia River making it a popular summer destination. We visit the most in February though when we do a Gorge winery tour for Valentines Day. The park is open year-round and we enjoy visiting in winter when we have the park nearly to ourselves. We have stayed in many sites, most often site#33. A word of caution- The railroad tracks are close to the campsites and trains go by throughout the night. If you are a light sleeper you may wish to bring earplugs!

Midweek Isolation

Just got back from another trip to Council Lake, WA. Arrived on a Tuesday and left on Thursday in the middle of November, and had the entire campground to ourselves. We didn't even have day use visitors or motorcycle riders pass through the whole time we were there.

The place was reasonably clean, with just a little trash left around some of the sites. Roads were still easy going, but it snowed maybe an inch the night before I arrived. And if my memory serves correct, I think they close the main access forest road NF 23 as soon as snow starts to accumulate.

A river runs through it.

Stayed in this campground on the last part of my first solo trip. I was a little anxious due to not having this site reserved ahead of time but I made it to the campground early and picked a suitable enough site for one night. The Rangers in the visitor center at the campground were super great. The site I ended up choosing was okay, but the site next to it kind of over run into my site, and the couple next to me too full advantage of that, so it left me slightly uncomfortable. Otherwise, the campground itself was clean and well maintained. The trails that lead out of the campground were great and branched off in every direct so I hiked in the area for an entire afternoon. I would potentially try to fins another campground in this area if I'm ever out that way again, but if nothing presented itself I would stay here again. The river being just down the bank from the campsite provided fantastic ambiance and white noise when bedtime rolled around, especially considering the other people in the sites next to mine were in very close proximity.

Park like setting