the dyrt
About Bumping Lake Campground
Bumping Lake Campground sits just off the forested shore of Bumping Lake in the Cascade Mountains east of Mount Rainier National Park, about 45 miles northwest of Naches, Washington. Fantastic peaks, high-country lakes and old-growth forests provide visitors with unique and surprising landscapes, making the campground an ideal setting for both individual and family camping excursions. Recreation In addition to being a prime location for hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, horseback riding and mountain biking in summer and early fall, visitors can take advantage of skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling in the winter months. Bumping Lake is a popular destination for boating, water skiing, fishing and swimming. A boat ramp is located in the lower section of the campground. The American Ridge Trail is a popular among hikers and equestrians, meandering through more than 26 miles of towering forests, mountain meadows and past high elevation lakes from the Bumping River to the Pacific Crest Trail. Facilities This campground has an upper and lower section, offering sites that accommodate both tent and RV camping. Each site is equipped with a table and campfire ring with grill. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided, but no hookups are available. Natural Features Bumping Lake was created naturally by glaciers and is fed by snowmelt. It is surrounded by rugged mountain terrain, wetlands and old-growth conifer forests. The area supports wildlife such as deer, porcupine, native fish and migratory birds. Endangered and threatened species, including the Northern Bald Eagle, the Northern Spotted Owl, gray wolves and grizzly bears also find havens in nearby ecosystems. Nearby Attractions Visitors enjoy making a day trip to nearby Mount Rainer National Park, which offers sublime views of glaciers, subalpine ecology and volcanic landscapes. Hikers may want to traverse a portion of the spectacular Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), one of the world's premier National Scenic Trails. This trail showcases some of North America's most fantastic scenery as it winds its way from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon and Washington. ADA Access: N
Sites
National Forest
Bumping Lake Campground is located in Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest in Washington
Directions
From Yakima, Washington, travel 25 miles on Highway 12 to the junction with Highway 410. Travel 29 miles on Highway 410 (Chinook Pass Highway) to milepost 88.4. Take Forest Road 18 (Bumping River Road) for 11.7 miles to campground.
6 Reviews of Bumping Lake Campground
Hidden Gem in The Wenatchee

Camping right on the Lake. Boat rentals. Camp Store. Always windy and temps drop at night even after warm days so dress accordingly.

This campground is absolutely picturesque! The lake is beautiful

There is a boat dock right near the campground. A small general store is open until 5pm.

Quiet and Fun

The lake is within a short walk from the camp sites. The sites are also somewhat secluded which is nice for me since it provides some privacy. They also let you scrounge around for your own firewood from fallen trees and branches.

Lakeside Camping

We stayed for three nights. Our campsite was right on the water side which made swimming and playing in the water so easy. The camp also has boats to rent. So we rented one to get a Geocache that was on an island on the lake. The lake is five miles long with lots of camping spots along the lake. They also have cabins you can rent.

Lots of room and privacy

This place was great they had a ton of room and lots of trees between put campsite and the others. The lot was mostly sandy and the tent area was very flat. There was a woodsy area behind the site where kids could play. The bathrooms are fancy out houses no place to wash hands. Lots of bugs in the evening. To get to the lake you drive up to where it says boat launching site.

there is also a near by marina where you can rent fishing boats for 25$ and hour.

we had a great time.

Ranger Review: Adventure Blanket/Belmont Blanket at Bumping Lake

Campground review: Perfect place to go with the family! Bathrooms, fire rings, lots of space! I love boating to the little islands around the lake! Beautiful!

Product review: http://www.belmontblanket.com/sdasd/ this product is currently sold out so I have linked the other items they have for sale. As a ranger for the Dryt I have gotten the chance to test out this awesome Adventure blanket! This blanket is the true definition of an adventure blanket! With its water proof material and warm fabric I will certainly be taking this blanket on all my up coming travels! Our first night at camp I decided to use my Adventure blanket over my down sleeping bag that is rated to 20 degrees. My partner insisted I would get cold so I kept my bag near by. I woke up comfortably wrapped in the Adventure blanket! This thin blanket kept me warm all throughout the first night I was very pleased. Our second night I wanted to lay under the stars in my hammock with my Adventure blanket. This blanket is seriously so cozy that I actually fell asleep! Again I woke up comfortable and warm. I am beyond impressed with this Belmont product! It also arrived in one of my favorite colors so thats a huge plus! Five Stars!