The best TENT SITES camping near
Dilworth , WASHINGTON

Most Recent Dilworth Camping Reviews
Not really a campground

This area is right next to a very busy I-5 interstate freeway. I have NEVER considered it a camping spot, more like a truck stop or something else. It is just a bare spot to park for the night at most.

Beautiful, clean, friendly

Beautiful park, clean flushing bathrooms. Staff is friendly. Nice, grassy spots. I will be back!

Great for tent camping!

I loved my experience! I stayed in spot #40. Plenty of privacy in that spot although the others are more open space camping. I love the beach area and the park for kids! Such a special little spot. I had a great time - me and my 2 year old stayed one night.

Beautiful Getaway Close to Seattle

Loved Kanaskat Palmer. Stayed in spot 13 - each site seems to have a trail connecting to the outer trail that runs along the river. Big entertainment for three boys who explored the woods and played on the rocks and in the eddy pools at the public river take-out. Bathrooms are super nice - each is private with a shower. Camp staff were pleasant and helpful.

Reasonable spot. Rules not enforced.

Arrived around 9pm. Mostly quiet. Camped near someone with a generator and thought they’d shut it off at 10pm (quiet hours 7am-10pm). Well, they didn’t shut it off till we asked and then turned it back on at midnight. Impossible to sleep. Got up to use the restroom and someone had been smoking cigarettes in the bathroom: shit + cig smoke = super lame. The number Jefferson County instructs you to call in case of issues is only operable from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. Lower # campsites seem to have good morning sun.

Convenient location near Seattle

As always, KOA park personnel are helpful and welcoming. This KOA appears to always be busy but there were plenty of spaces. We had made our 4-day long reservations a week in advance in mid-April. The site had an asphalt pad and grass, but was narrow. The power post was in good shape along with the water service. The sewer connection was topless but serviceable.

The welcome pamphlet has no rules on it but frequent campers should know the usual courtesies anyway. Our space was a pull through with 30-amps. We have a 35’ fifth-wheel and a Ram 3500 truck with an 8’ bed. The truck and trailer fit nicely. Unfortunately I didn’t park back in my space far enough to leave room for my unhitched truck and had to park with my wheels partially on the grass. We left the park for some activities and received a polite request to either park so we wouldn’t have our tires on the grass or use the overflow parking. Reminder received and corrected.

The location is excellent. Close enough or far enough to Seattle if you need to go there for some reason. I recommend avoiding the city of Seattle for any reason. The city council and mayor are doing their best to destroy this once beautiful and welcoming city.

Spectacular view

This small campsite is worth a visit. Breath taking view of the ocean and just minutes to the ferry.

Convenient, clean

I’ll start with the thing to be aware of: you’ll be camping 200’ from I-90. But we found our ear plugs did a good job of quieting that noise enough for us to get a good sleep.

Once inside the park you’ll find it clean and green. The bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great. It has water, electric, sewage, fair WiFi and washer/ driers.

Fort Worden State Park

This part is in Port Townsend which is a beautiful town. The park  is on the ocean which is great for walking in the sand , it does mean however that the wind can be vicious  in early spring. We were glad we were in a our small RV rather than tent camping. There are beautiful big homes for rent for groups.

BeautifulViews

Campgrounds were spacious and this time of year it wasn’t crowded at all. No cell phone service at all. Bathrooms are primitive except for the summer season but overall they are nice. We stayed at campsite 6. 2-6 are waterfront.