Chewelah, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Chewelah Camping Reviews
This is great place

This is a great place for grandkids. Lots of trails for walking biking. Camp sites are large and private. Volleyball basketball court horseshoe pits. Water and electricity all sites

Fly fishing only

Great little lake to get away to and camp. Fly fishing only, quiet and great for kayaking. Nice trail along lake to a grove of old growth trees. Has pit toilet but no water, so bring your own.

If I could leave 0 stars I would

The place is falling apart and they don't seem to care. If you like being watched while in the bathroom then by all means camp there two way mirrors in both bathrooms. Paint chipping off dirty bathroom and shower only 1 shower. Fish cleaning station overgrown by weeds. When we first got there I was told in a hostile voice that there was no storing anything outside. It was always ok for everyone else to have a bonfire but us. We were on constant alert the entire 6 months there. I asked before bringing a truck to the park if it was alright and she said yes for a week. Then on the fourth night she met us with a pen and paper screaming at me that she was going to have it towed. Oh and our small dog had a small cable leash around the the tree that wasn't ok either. Nothing we did was ok ever! One week doesn't doesn't have 4 days last time I checked. I had bought a truck to replace the other truck we owned after all we lived there for 6 months. I became very sick while there and had to go back and fourth to the hospital never once did they ask how everything was going. Hostile environment even complaining about 5 potted plants. Really why others had them. Long story short if you like to camping in the middle of a subdivision by all means check it out. Be careful not to trip on all the nails sticking up on the docks as they need repair as well then go ahead and see for yourself. I will never go back ever!! Not that they care I think they should sell the place because they don't care.

Every campers dream

I’ve been to Priest countless times. Camp in the woods or on the beach. Upper or lower Priest Lake.

Kayak camping!

The best of both worlds! Who loves kayaking and car camping? Why not both?? A group of us stocked up our kayak and we trekked out to Kalispell Island! Storms all around us but the views were beautiful. Nature is beautiful. Set up our hammocks, tents and brought out fishing poles.

Make a reservation

We tent camped, sharing a site with some friends in an RV. Only some of their sites are reservable, others are walk up. We did not have reservations so had to join a lottery to get one of the walk up sites. Despite arriving early in the morning, we did not know until mid afternoon if we got a site. Half way through our stay we had to move sites and again go through the lottery system. Fortunately we got sites both times, others were not so fortunate.

Otherwise it is a well taken care of camp ground. Lots of paved hiking paths, a beautiful beach, and a great play structure. No camp store on site.

Choose someplace else

The people of deer lake resort are very rude and unprofessioal to say the least. "The owner' opened the door to our condo without knocking,forcefully pushed past one of the ladies that was staying in the bedroom #2.  I asked her who she was and her reply was a rude "I own this place and I'm checking to see if they put the new bed in this bedroom Geez , wouldn't the polite way have been to knock on the door and say, excuse me I'm the owner and I would like to see if the new bed has been set up in that bedroom ,do you mind if I look? Very rude and unprofessional to say the least. The rest of the staff had the same attitude… Like they were doing is a favor buy letting us stay in their condo.  We were not offered clean towels or linen the entire 3 1/2 days. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever go back. I could write a book here about everything I am unhappy with but will just leave it as a pretty campground that the new owners will probably run in the ground.

Great camping

A variety of site types (some great for RV's, others better designed for tents). A huge sand beach with swimming area, docks with boat slip rentals. Campfire programs both during the day and night, plus the ranger station has fishing poles and nature backpacks to check out for kids for free. Camp store with basic essentials and ice cream.

Creek sings ya to sleep

Nice location away from people but most all the sites are close to the dirt road and was woken up a couple of times by the sound and headlights of vehicles. But all in all well kept areas (some garbage left by previous campers, just packed it out with mine). Did have a late night bear visitor but was camping in my van so not too concerning. Very little fallen wood for fire, lots of kindling or if you want there is lots of logs in the creek.