Alderwood Manor, WASHINGTON
Camping Washington Alderwood Manor
Most Recent Alderwood Manor Camping Reviews
Old growth.

The Trees here are Amazing! 21 campsites to choose from, with some availability to reserve. The sites are large, and there is a large old growth shelter available as well. It provides a lot of shade. Campsites include tent pads, picnic tables and fire rings. There are trash cans and recycling options. I was quite amused by the "boat launch" as there was not one. Would stay here. The scenery is amazing.

Beautiful, small Campground

This campground is on the very senic Mountain loop Rd in the Mount Baker -Snoqualmie National Forest. It's a beautiful drive. The campground is nestled in some great trees. Only 13 campsites with tent pads, picnic tables, and fire rings. Vault toilets, we'll maintained The town of Darrington is close by if you need something. The Sauk River is accessible from the campground and is honestly the highlight.

Heaven On Earth

My family has been going to this state park since before I was born and it never disappoints. Amazing views, lots to do and a wonderful place to spend some time. I look forward to going every year.

Sheltered from wind

We drove in from Montana on our way south down 101. This site was great for our truck camper. The key is getting a site that is further down the hill. The sites down the hill are further away from the road noise and provide a great view of the bay. Toilets and showers were all clean.

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Rebel Rain Pant at Coriander Creek Farm

Campground review:

Coriander Creek Farm is located on a working farm, in a valley with beautiful mountainous hills surrounding. It is located in Skagit County, and is only about 4 miles away from Whatcom County.

The camp host, Mike, gave me a tour of the property when I arrived. There is an old(1910) barn that they are hoping to restore, lots of herbs his wife, Amy grows and sells, a swimming hole(it was too cold for me to try!) and lots of fields to explore. As well, they had chickens, dogs and goats.

The campsites themselves are spread out from each other. I had booked the Northside Campsite which was located at the end of one field. To note, I had to park at the barn and walk to my spot, which took a couple of minutes. The spot had a nice fire pit and a picnic table set up. I understand they move the picnic table to different campsites as they are booked. I was by the creek, though I couldn’t see it for the tall grass, but the grass was a welcome addition as it whispered in the breeze. My spot had a clear line of site to the farmhouse and the road, so there was some road noise. But when I consider the value(an amazingly affordable spot!), it was great.

The other two sites are more secluded. They are both closer to the farmhouse but out of view, one behind the grasses and near the swimming hole, the other behind a stand of trees. Both are larger and good for group camping. You will need to be able to walk to each site. They have a compost toilet for use up by the farmhouse, where, after using the toilet, you dump sawdust in to make it fresh.

When Mike was giving me the tour of the property, he explained about things they hope to develop on the farm like adding more campsites in the adjoining fields, getting the old bard on the Historic registry and even one day adding a salt bath. I’m hoping to go back and see what new things they have added!

I was very pleased with my stay. Mike and Amy are great hosts and I recommend checking Coriander Creek Farm out!

Product Review: As a Ranger for the Dyrt, from time to time I get to test products. At Coriander Creek Farm, I tested the Red Ledge Rebel Rain Pant. As you will see in my video review, I love these pants.

I want to start by saying the customer service with this company was above and beyond anything I had ever experienced before. Due to my own fault, I had chosen the wrong size pants. Red Ledge was incredibly quick to respond, to suggest ideas, and to get me the right pair of pants– and even followed up to make sure they worked. For that alone, I will be buying from them in the future. But there is more to why I love this company.

What I loved about camping with my Rebel Rain Pant. I have been wearing these rain pants over the last few weeks, in all sorts of conditions. Running, interval workouts. Biking, and even walking to work in the pouring rain. When I camped with these pants, it was a sunny day. But the next morning it was cloudy and there was condensation everywhere. They kept me nice and dry.

Here is what I have discovered:

1) They are comfortable. They work both over other pants(in my video I mention I am wearing them over jeans. I also pulled them on over my workout pants while wearing shoes and over my work pants) and remain comfortable even if you aren’t wearing pants underneath them.

2) They have a button at the bottom so that once you get them over your shoes you can adjust them.

3) They breathe. One of my runs it threatened rain but didn’t. I ran in these pants and I didn’t overheat or stick to them.

4) They are flexible. I have had no issues doing any physical exercise in these pants.

5) They keep me dry successfully. And– the outside dries super quickly. When I came into work when it was pouring rain, my pants were free of rain droplets much faster than my non Red-Ledge rain jacket. Looks like I know where I will be getting my next rain jacket.

Some details on the one I have: It is made of 4x4 stretch polyester, waterproof(including the rear pocket), snap adjust cuffs and elastic waist.

I really like these pants and would highly recommend checking out Red Ledge and all their gear.

Neat little place

My family stayed here for a night when we went out to Washington a few months ago. It was a nice little place. Mostly we stayed here because of how close it was to seattle, so we were't at the campground very much. It does have a pretty good amount of sites. It's got showers and bathrooms which is always nice at a campground. It does have a lot of activities because of how close it is to the water. We saw people fishing, diving, sailing, etc. The only thing I didn't like about it was that building wood fires isn't allowed in the campground.

The seattle area has all kinds of things to do. My family went to Pike Place Market which was awesome to see. We saw a Mariners game, the space needle, and went on some awesome hikes around the area.

Overall the campground was a pretty nice place to stay, especially if you are trying to visit the seattle area for a couple of nights. Great place!

Scenic location on top of a bluff located next to the Dungeness Wildlife Preserve.

Excellent views and scenic trails with semi-private campsites. It's connected to wildlife refuge where you can take a 5 mile stroll on a spit to a public light house where you can see across to Canada and other parts of the Sound. The campsites do not have electricity, water or sewer but on the other hand are rather inexpensive ($26 a night). There is a dumpsite on the way out of the park convenient for RVers who dry camped.

Nice spot not far from Seattle

Quick trip via ferry! We stayed at site 34 & 35, both tent only sites. Very grassy and beautiful! Downtown Bainbridge has a Farmers Market on Saturday mornings, too!

Great park !

We stopped for lunch and decided to stay the night because it was so nice. Super clean bathrooms. The showers required tokens. Each token was $0.50 for 3 minutes. The check in office had a herb garden that was available for campers to enjoy use of. Our only complaint was that there were heavy equipment delivering construction materials early in the morning.

Great big cedars and river access.

Nice big sites. Bathrooms (vault toilets) were stocked and mostly clean enough, but there was a strong ammonia smell in one.

Comfy SKP Park nr Port Townsend

This RV park has full-hook up and dry camp sites for SKP members.

The location is a bit remote hence very quiet. I like that it's only about 10-12 minutes to Port Townsend, a bustling everything-you-could-possibly want hip town. Perfect for my tastes and needs. I dry camp which costs $7.50/nt.

Works for me!

One of the best

This is a giant park with a ton of campsites but you are advised to make reservations. Even though there are a lot of sites, you are evenly spaced out and each spot typically feels bigger than it is. The spots do lap on top of each other as the go up a hill and sound sometimes gets loud. As far as recreation this park offers it all from kayaking, hiking, boating, fishing, and biking. The diversity and scenery gives it all an A Plus and the designation as one of the best parks in the area. I will definitely be back.

Forested state park

This park has plenty of options for everyone. Hiking, paragliding, biking, and just watching the sound are all options. We did not go to the beach and can’t comment. The campsites are separated for the most part and give you a feeling of being away from your neighbor even though it is pretty stacked. The bathrooms had pay showers and we clean. Each site had a table and fire ring.

For the money, it feels like WA state parks are expensive but this area was nice and I’ll be back.

Ehh

This campground was the first we visited on the way up the island from the ferry. It is tiny and right next to the ferry dock with no cover or shade from the sun. Seeing the ferry come and go is neat but gets tiring. The spaces are close together and there is literally no privacy. You can choose a better campground by going further up the island.

Excellent campground

Few amenities but it’s quiet and tucked back. Easy to access and bathrooms are kept clean.

I've been going here sense i was kid. It was my dads favorite place to go to relax and cool off after a long day at work during the summer

It has always been really clean. Everyone packs thier garbage out and i always see people picking up anything that was left behind.

Nice Campground - Airplanes

We had a lovely two day stay here in this very nice park.  They are in the process of upgrading the rest rooms so the shower facilities were really in demand by the campers.  Very few full hookup sites.  The biggest negative was the plane noise.  The park is located south of Sea-Tac Airport and directly in the flightpath.  Constant flyovers.

Closest state park to city of Seattle

It’s a gorgeous park next to Pugent Sound. Fairly safe since it’s gated and a park ranger was there overnight. From my experience it was quiet and after a while the air traffic from the airport becomes tolerable.

However you must make reservations online on the website a few weeks before you plan to come

Great place

Great for those with base access. The tent camp sites were private enough and the laundry and running water/showers were a huge plus!

Not a campground

The beach house is exactly what it says, a beach house bed and breakfast. Beautiful place though just not for camping. I work out that way so I swung by to check it out for a new camping spot and learned of this.

Wonderful

Nice spacious lots. Lots of families… riding bikes & walking. Play equipment for the kids.
Showers are free but the water pressure is lacking. But hey… it’s free! 40 minutes to Seattle.

Decent Getaway

This is a nice little park. With Deception pass and all the sites on Whidbey island, plus it’s not too far from town, it’s a decent getaway. There is a fair amount of highway noise, especially on the front sites. Seems like 40-50% are more permanent sites. There is occasional noise from Naval Station Whidbey, but this camper doesn’t mind the occasional sighting of a fighter jet.

Not a campground

Great park but not a campground.

Complicated

First off you must reserve ahead of time to get gate unlocked to enter. Once in no fire allowed. Beautiful lake to camp on. Possible cabin rentals.

Family friendly

Great spot not too far from thr city of Maple Valley. The showers and bathrooms and nice and updated. The river has some great trails to walk on and nice swimming spots! I definitley suggest venturing around the river to find other places to swim than the main one which can get crowded with multiple families.

Not for camping

This place is not for camping it's an RV park for people that live in their RVs

Amazing views and beaches

I have camped at Deception Pass twice in the past month. We did site #190 & #193. They both have trails leading to the beach with and excellent view of the well known bridge. Definitely walk across the bridge. And then go to the beach and take some pictures with the bridge in the background! They sell firewood but I've never seen it open (I've never camped on a weekend). They also have a little coffee stand that I imagine is open on the weekends. It wasn't open weekdays. This is definitely a great place to kayak with the lake and there is a beach roped off for swimming with a deep end. It's a little warmer because it's not out in the Puget.

Beautiful and quiet

Went here for a few days and loved it. It's, it's own little piece of heaven. It's quiet and serene. The water of the sound is quite warm here as well.

Great small place

Amazing little campground all sites except for two or on the river quiet clean bathrooms