Camping in Heards

494 Reviews of 41 Heards, Virginia Campgrounds

M
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Glampers r us

If you're a glamper this is your place. Staff is nice. Store is nice as well.

Tracey G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Love this campground !

We absolutely love this campground! We prefer smaller, quieter, more rural campgrounds with lots of trees, natural features, and quiet, respectful neighbors.

This campground had the friendliest staff, awesome, well maintained grounds, plenty of activities and a great location near many…

SiteB25
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Quiet easy access

This is our 3rd time staying here on our travels. Sites are nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. The Civil War history and sites are very interesting. And the Caverns right at the campground are very beautiful! Would recommend at least 3 nights to get it all in.

• Play button icon
SiteE40
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Good experience - skip the tour

We found this campground via a great YouTube video. Drove in shortly after Ida hit so it was washed out (gravel issues). Glad I had 4WD because I needed it to get my camper into the site. Site c35 was private but sloped. Many other sites looked bigger and flatter. Lots of pull throughs and big rigs…

Sitec35
Jonathan  F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

This is a KOA?!?!

Really impressed. I’m used to KOAs being very tight. Not so much here, it’s just right. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Michael P.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Frequent visitor

I love loft mountain. after two years of tent camping, upgraded to see teardrop this year. I always meet great people there and the staff is wonderful (Paula and Lori shout out)

There is no wifi and very little cellular coverage, but we've employed a cellular amplifier and now work remote there…

Sitea97
Jordan M.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot for Central VA

The campsites are nice and shaded, not TOO close to neighbors. The lake beach was a great time for our kids, and we rented a paddle boat and tandem kayak and all had a blast. The picnic tables, playground, and snack bar at the "beach" were great amenities as well!

SiteB25
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Great campground

Well run, clean, organized camp. Level sites. Nice fishing pond they deliver ice and fire wood and pick up trash from ur site b

• pond
  • site 24
Siteon pond 24
josh S.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Beautiful tent sites

We tent camped at site A1 and had so much room and privacy. Sites are backed up against pond so there were people fishing here and there, but we weren't too bothered after a certain time. Campground offers family showers and a few kid friendly activities.

SiteA1
josh S.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Quiet mountain location

Campground was literally at base of mountains and was so quiet and peaceful. Bathrooms offered hot showers and there were plenty of activities for our kids.

SiteB6
Jennifer A.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Ok…

The campsites are very close to each other and the roads are very narrow. We can’t even extend our awning due to through traffic. If you’re on the left side of the road and another camper parks their truck with their camper on the other side, it totally blocks the “lake” view so we’ve stared at a…

• Ducks galore!
  • Fishing pond under the sunset
DThe Dyrt PRO User

Awesome state park

Loved this park! Nice, spacious sites. Clean and well maintained bathrooms and showers. Wonderful, well marked hiking trails. And very nice camp hosts. Seriously everything you need!

Katie M.The Dyrt PRO User

Great location KOA

This campground has an awesome location between Harrisonburg and Luray/Shenandoah. It has great amenities like a pool and playground, a camp store and lots of friendly and helpful employees. I love that they will pick up your trash and deliver firewood. We stayed in a non-electric grass tent site…

• Site D13 review
    Play button icon
  • Site D13
  • Dog park and pool
SiteD13
Hailey S.

Family Friendly campground

We had a great time camping here. The playground and pool were great for the kids. My dog also enjoyed having a space to roam in the park. My only complaint is the grass was not cut which was a bit uncomfortable. Spaces are very close together, but we still enjoyed our time.

Michael M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

My favorite place to camp

Just an easy 1.5 hours from my house. Beautiful views, easy pull thrus and hookups. Consider this campground to become my home away from home.