Camping in Cherry Grove Estates

395 Reviews of 49 Cherry Grove Estates, Virginia Campgrounds

Bethany I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Very quiet and peaceful

We came for a weeklong working trip. I brought my laptop to work from home and this place was perfect. The view was beautiful and the weather was great at night to just sit outside and enjoy the view. It was a very quiet camp with a great dog park. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• sunset
  • happy camper
  • beautiful view
R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lovely shady spot

A great nights sleep. Lovely setting, shady and quiet. Bathrooms were brand new, showers were clean & HOT. Coin laundry available. They are in the process of adding another bathroom/shower building so only running at half capacity when we visited. Lots of fun activities for families!

SiteC something
Christina  E.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lots of fun!

Stayed this past weekend at Cherrystone and had a blast! Pools weren’t open yet but there was so much else to do we didn’t mind. Played around on the paddle boats and mini golf (included in site price), swam in the bay, did tie dye and played candy bar bingo! Bathrooms were very clean and…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
Mark N.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

It's A Swamp

This park was great but do recognize that is a true swamp. Alligators included. The water there does not move therefore is not recommended for filtering for consumption. The campsights are pretty close together so don't expect privacy on a busy weekend. The scenery is TOP KNOTCH! Absolutely…

• from the water access point of campsite 4
SiteCanoe in site 4
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Nice and close to the beach

Great little trails to the beach. The RV areas had zero privacy. The tent camping area had a lot more privacy but the bathrooms in that area were not as clean.

SiteRV spot and Tent spot
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

It’s ok

I know most people love this park but I’m not a beach sand mosquito loving person. Site was kinda small and not level.

Siteelectric and water
Month of VisitOctober
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Big Campground! Lovely beach

Booked an electric/water hookup site for me and my friend, who has a camper- the site was smallish and close to other sites but still felt secluded. The beach was lovely- bit of a walk to the beach but worth it. Lots of trails if a break from the beach is needed. Bathhouse near to us was okay-…

Quintin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

First trip of the season

We enjoyed our stay in site 66. Good shade and fir our stay great breeze. Bathrooms are plentiful with lots of hot water.

Our site could have used some gravel but overall a great place to spend a few days.

Month of VisitApril
e
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Beach fun

Overall experience was excellent. Only negative was the bathroom was a mess no matter what time of day. I didn’t expect perfection however I did expect better.

SiteD11
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great Location

This is a great campground on the Eastern Shore of VA. As with most VA state parks, it's popular with RV's and campers, but it was great for tent camping as well. There are numerous trails and water/beach access points throughout the park. The sites are spacious, and even though it has a lot of…

SiteF19, F20