About Holiday Trav-L-Park

Welcome to Holiday Trav-l-Park in Virginia Beach! Our sites, amenities and activities offer something for every person in the family along with every type of camper from tent to motorhome. On top of that, getting to the beach is a breeze – we are the closest campground to the resort area with a parking lot 1 block off the beach for our guests, take the seasonal city trolley or ride your bike to the beach.

Price
$35.00 - $100.00
Private
Hike In
Holiday Trav-L-Park is located in Virginia
15 Reviews of Holiday Trav-L-Park
Laid back, comfortable, and easy access

We stayed for the weekend with our 4 kids and dog. There were lots of other pups there and tons of activities for the kids. There’s a leash-off dog park, 2 stores, 4 pools, countless playgrounds, a bike trail to the beach (a little under 3 miles one way, but flat and an easy ride). There was so much to do! The campground is HUGE, so it may seem crowded, but it’s quiet! The naval base is practically right next door and they do scramble the jets every day, but we didn’t mind the noise. The kids loved watching them fly over. Besides, they don’t scramble at night, so you’ll be able to sleep with little issues. The bath houses are clean and there’s trash service several times a day (just leave your trash bag by the site post and they’ll pick it up!). We loved it and hope to stay longer next time.

Awesome park

This camp ground was one of the best I've been in. Once you get there you can set up camp and don't have to move your car again till it's time to go home. They have a beach shuttle or a private parking lot if you want to drive. Four pools for sure maybe five lost count. Very nice store. The staff was very friendly. The activities were great. Live band at pool in evening. Can't say enough of this camp ground. We will be going back.

Convenient for going out in VB when hotels rates are too high

I stayed here to go to a concert in downtown Virginia Beach when high-season hotel rates made booking a room too pricey. These RV/KOA-type campgrounds are not my personal preference and cost as much as a cheap hotel room if traveling alone or as a couple. However, if these campgrounds are your thing, I think this would be very nice one. Booking online was simple and office staff were friendly. Finding my campsite in the Sherwood Forest section was a little confusing but my site ended up being ideal--close to the main road to walk out for an Uber to the show and a little farther from the other campsites than other sites. It was pretty busy with Boy Scouts for my two nights and I felt it was not a party atmosphere.

Bathrooms were a fair walk from my campsite. They needed some cleaning and not all of the showers were functional at the time (some seemed to be missing fixtures), but there were good mirrors, electrical outlets, and a dry changing area with bench and hooks for each shower stall.

There is a nice walking path one may take out to the main road where there are gas stations, restaurants, and general city stuff. I didn't use it, but I believe the walking/bicycle path also leads 2 miles to the beach. Campers may also use a designated parking lot at the beach. I was a little too early, but come Memorial Day weekend (probably through Labor Day weekend) there is a municipal bus that stops right in front of the campground and goes to various tourist attractions and to the main downtown strip of bars.

Definitely for Rv’s not much of a quite place for tent camping and also no curtesy from other guests. People walked right ontop of our tent. Price was fair though and they do have a lot of accommodations like a pool and showers. Party friendly with pull open late and lights.

We were visiting the shanendoah mountains and decided to check out Virginia Beach for a day. Originally set up on beach but were kicked off and had to find a spot in a pinch. The campsite was large enough but other guests were not considerate of space.

Best campground in the southeast! Holiday Trav-L-Park

I have stayed at this campground countless times for years! They have bathrooms/shower houses that look like they belong in 5 star hotels! A huge game room, 4 or 5 swimming pools, with one pool having a stage for live bands while people are swimming at night. They have a trolley that takes you to the Virginia Beach oceanfront and back so that once you're set up for camping, you don't have to drive at all. And if you choose to drive, you get to park in a designated parking lot near the beach for no extra charge. They have 2 awesome camp stores, cabins and amazing tent sites! They continuously have events going on at the campground for all ages. The USO Patriotic Festival the first weekend of June every year is the ultimate time! Best camp ground in the southeast!