Fires Unknown
Water Unknown
About La Verkin Overlook Road (East)

This site is BLM land located along La Verkin East Overlook Road. There were several tiny houses parked back in here, as well as many rigs. The road is good for 2wd when dry. When wet, roads could be treacherous.

Hike In
La Verkin Overlook Road (East) is located in Utah
37.2062 N
5 Reviews of La Verkin Overlook Road (East)
La Verkin overlook

Need four wheel drive to get to the furthest campsite. Great 360 views.

Great views

Many spots to choose from. The road was dry so I was able to get to a spot in the far back closer to the outlook in a Mazda CX-5 front wheel drive without issue. Left my tent and camp while we set out to Zion during the day. Everything was safe and untouched when we got back. The designated spots are well spread out. Found this camp ground during a last minute drip to Zion. Awesome views!

Beautiful sunset and sunrise

This is a rugged dispersed camping area. You have an amazing view here. I made it to this location in a Fiat. So if you're looking for a nice site to camp at but are worried about vehicle clearance, then this would be a great option.

The key to Zion

The blm lands we a great way to camp close to the park but outside of designated camping. It’s centrally located between La Verkin and Zion which makes accessibility great! it’s just flat open planes perfect to set up for the night or pull up an rv for some time. there’s trails out there for bikes and the sunsets are breathtaking!

OOFOS slide sandals at La Verkin Overlook

La Verkin Overlook is free dispursed BLM camping between Hurricaine and Zion NP. It has zero amenities, with the exception of the occasional firepit. Tons of RVs were parked in this area as well as a bunch of tiny houses! It was super cool to check them out! The road could definitely be rough when wet (the super slippery muddy kind of road), but when it’s dry, we were able to get our 2 WD Pontiac vibe in there. You can hear the highway from this site, and cars are on the road all night.

The 360 views are great from this site, plus it gives you quick access to the National Park, as well as quick access to La Verkin which has gas, grocery, etc.

OOFOS slides review

As a Ranger, I occasionally get the chance to review gear for The Dyrt. La Verkin Overlook was THE PLACE to review these, as we did a HUGE adventure climb in Zion. OOFOS shoes are all about recovery, and my feet definitely needed recover after our 14 mile, desert bushwacking, 4000 ft of elevation gain, adventure of a time trying to climb West Temple. It was a LONG day on our feet and we pretty much limped back to the car.

Sliding into my OOFOS slides was AMAZING. Seriously, it felt like my feet took a breath of fresh air. Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect from a “recovery” shoe, but it was like walking on clouds. I also love the color and design. Looking at them online, I expected them to look a little tacky, but wearing them, they looked cute.

My one comment is that they do run small. I am typically an 8/8.5, however the site said that if you wear a half size, you should order up. I picked a size 9 and while my footprint fit the size of the base, the actual strap is extremely snug – to the point of where I really have to squish my foot forward. But maybe I just have “tall/fat” feet? Once they are on though, they’re not slipping off or around and I was able to walk around camp rather than shuffle. The downside is that wearing them as camp shoes with socks is out of the picture. I also ordered a flip flop version- and have no issues size wise with them (also a size 9), so if you think you have "fat" feet - that might be the better shoe.

I would definitely recommend a pair for anyone who has long days on their feet! The next day, I was ready for more hiking while my husband limped behind me.