Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 75 ft.
Picacho Peak is located in Arizona
15 Reviews of Picacho Peak
Neat place

This camp ground is nice, the camp sites are set up uniquely with rock boundaries. The hiking was very cool. The weird thing is that at night when the air got cooler, the highway noise and trains got way LOUDER. You didn't notice the highway or trains during the day, could barely hear any of it, but as soon as it got dark…. WOW, was it noisy. I'm glad I went there but I don't need to do it again.

Picache Peak State Park

April 20-23, 2019. Park very clean. Site had electric but no water. There was water at the dump station. High speed internet is available for a charge. Verizon 4G5 bars. Very hot.

Great get away - Close to Biosphere 2

We had planned to go to Biosphere 2 so this was our landing spot for a couple of days.  They have a lot of nice hiking trails, the spaces were nicely spaced and the weather was perfect (December).   We took the pups out for long walks and enjoyed the gorgeous AZ sunsets!!  We have come back a few times just for the hikes.

Peace and quiet

First I have to mention the bathrooms, the showers are incredible. There are tent pads or set up your camper or RV. Electric and water at every site.  The view is incredible no matter where you are camped.  Hiking trails and picnic sites all over. Enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.

Beautiful desert sunsets!

This is a beautiful place to camp most of the year. The Summer sun ☀️ can be brutal of course. I love to stop here on my way to New Mexico. There is something about being in the middle of the desert with the backdrop of the mountains and cactus 🌵 that just helps you breath a little better. Watching the sunset each night is breathtaking. This campground is just off the road but far enough back that you don’t hear all the road noise. Each spot has a picnic table with awning so you have some protection from the sun. Each spot has a fire pit and smaller rocks that make a nice “bed” for your tent ⛺️. The spots are pretty far apart so you don’t feel like you’re right next to your neighbor.

The campground has a total of 85 electric sites for both tent and RV camping. Sites are suitable for RVs and/or tents. You can have up to 4 cars on each site. There are 4 sites that are handicapped-accessible. Unfortunately there aren’t any water or sewer hookups available. There is a dump station available. Access to all sites is paved. Sites are fairly level and are located in a natural Sonoran Desert setting.

$30 per night / per vehicle (October – May) $25 per night / per vehicle (June – September) Additional vehicle $15 per night / per vehicle Group Camp Areas: $15 per night / per vehicle + Group Reservation FeeBoth back-ins and pull-throughs are available. No maximum size limit (except no tractor-trailers allowed).

The Battle of Picacho Peak

This park is the battle ground of the furthest west battle of the civil war. It’s a great park located about a mile from the I-10 fwy. There’s a number of hiking trails up to the peak but they’re not for the faint of heart. The restrooms and showers are clean and the staff is friendly.

Cell Coverage: Excellent

Nice

Desert life.. Very quiet and clean.. Lovely view of the desert and some hiking trails

Nice views

Very nice area and very good hiking trails. I would go back again

Jewel in the desert!

We try to stop at this SP campground every time we're heading out of town or come back home (Tombstone) We always stay during the Fall/Winter months though. I'm not sure if they are even open in the summer, due to extreme heat. This park is just beautiful. Full of blooming cactus in the Spring and gorgeous sunsets always. The bathrooms are spotless and they have individual locking showers. For $30 you get water, electric, a huge site &, tent area in addition to your rv lot, The lot is pavement, and the tent is sand. All sites are set up in a random pattern, to give you the most privacy.  our site had a Ramada with picnic table & fire pit. They do sell firewood but it's $7 a bundle. We also once stayed in their overflow area, which is dry camping and that's only $15. They have great hiking trails, but use a walking stick, I got too up close and personal with a rattlesnake.

Desert sunsets

I really enjoyed this campground. Clean and well maintained. Friendly staff and beautiful scenery. Far enough from the highway that it’s not noisy and close enough to get back on your route.