Standard (Tent/RV)
RVs and Trailers
Sam Houston National Forest Cagle Recreation Area is located in Texas
4 Reviews of Sam Houston National Forest Cagle Recreation Area
Peaceful and very relaxing

So this was my first time staying here and I promise won’t be my last! First off the camp hosts were very friendly and informative. The hiking trail although wasn’t very long at around 2-3 miles max were a pleasant walk in the woods and along the lake shoreline. There’s a very nice boat ramp toward the back of the park with a very nice pier and plenty of parking. Campsites were very nice with fire ring, picnic tables and full hook ups including sewer for the RVs the atmosphere was very quiet relaxing and I will definitely be going back.

Edited Came back to Cagle with my son for 3 nights and we absolutely loved it. My son enjoyed the trails and walked all over the park and I wasn’t worried about him getting lost since the parks not that big and the layout is pretty easy to follow. Birding was awesome and so were the sunsets .

Great first visit

Clean camping grounds. Designated tent areas and fire rings. Hot showers and flushing toilets all in a clean bathroom. Listening to the coyotes late at night was awesome.

Nice and peaceful getaway for our inaugural RV trip!

Small, quiet campground. Tall pines with hanging moss and palmettos make for interesting topography. Easy 2 mile paved hiking trial meanders around campsite and near lake. Nice sunsets in the evenings on the trail. There's a much longer trail system entrance that I'd like to checkout next time. We stayed in a travel trailer and the RV spots were well maintained, shady but not overgrown and well spaced out. Only about 3 of the campsites closest to the water actually have a good view of the lake. You can see  the lake slightly shimmering through the pine trees at the other sites though and that's intriguing. Makes you want to go explore!  A small  boat dock/ramp near the campsite is nice for those that enjoy water activities. I was wishing we had a boat or kayaks because the water is so peaceful and quiet being that it's surrounded by a National Forest. I bet the fishing is great!  Pretty little places to peel off from the trail to the left of the boat dock for picnics and jumping in the water. Saw some pretty cranes fishing. We had a nice refreshing rainstorm roll in and cool it down.

Great stay

Our first adventure into Sam Houston National Forest. Was a great one. Trees all around trails to hike around, full hook ups if you are in an RV or trailer! Tent spots available at all sites!