Angleton, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Angleton Camping Reviews
Site OK, bathroom/shower horrible

The site itself was adequate. Level, paved, hookups and picnic table. The reason for the low rating is the bathroom and shower. They are in poor condition and dirty to the point of unsanitary. For $35 a night we expect showers that are useable. We had to bring toilet paper into the bathroom, there was a dirty bucket in the shower and the facilities appeared to be falling apart with much deterioration to the walls and floors. When we asked the front about the shower, they acted as if it was fine! We chose not to use the shower it was that bad, and we really needed one. We had a small engine problem and were forced to stay two nights until we could get it fixed. The office is nice and accommodating and if you don’t need to use their shower or toilet this place will be fine for you. Water from the site hookups was tinged yellow but didn’t feel slimy. Lots of mosquitos, too. Hope this helps!

Great Getaway

Quiet clean beautiful resort.

Clean Park

Very nice park with all the amenities. Concrete pad, two pools, hot tub, private bath and shower rooms. There’s also an on-site pizza maker and a nice laundry room in which you need to use a debit or credit card with each machine. No need to use quarters. There is beach access right across the street. They have a store with a two flavored daiquiri machines. We stayed 3 nights and loved it. You cannot go wrong staying at this park. Off season rates are the best. And if you use the online booking you will save money. If you call the front office I was told the rates can be higher.

Lovely RV park right on the beach.

We spent 5 days at this park and loved it.  It is right on the beach.  The pads are level with full hookups.  We will definitely return!

Bayside Campground very nice

Drive up flat, great campsite. Clean, recently remodeled restrooms and showers. Will definitely go back

Brazos Bend State Park + Aligators!

Ok, I'll admit it. I visited this park for one reason only… to see alligators.

Brazos Bend State Park does have other attractions like miles of hiking trails, campsites, water fowl and migratory birds, but the real attraction for me was simply to see live alligators in their natural habitat. If you have the same motive, this park will not disappoint.

This park is located outside of Houston. During much of the year the temperature can be warm to hot and muggy. I think that the best time of the year to visit might be in the winter during November, December or January. At other times of the year you may need to fight off mosquitos as big as alligators.

There are a number of trails to hike, but I chose trails that would provide the greatest opportunity to see alligators. So we hiked along the 40 Acre Lake to Elm Lake Loop. We first saw a number of water fowl - ducks, cranes, egrets. Then right along the trail we saw a fairly large alligator. Now there are signs that warn to stay a safe distance away from the alligators and it is solid advice. But simply staying on the trail allowed me to pass about 30 feet in front of a resting alligator. I'm guessing that if the alligator wanted to get up and chase me it could have. I just calculated that I didn't need to be faster than the alligator, I just needed to be faster than my hiking buddies.

We all survived and it was a pleasant experience.

Nice and clean

Concrete pads. Lots of room to park. Management was always nice. I heard rumors they didn't like kids but never saw that.

New owners

This place use to be bad but now the new owners are working hard to make things better. New concrete pads etc. Internet is slow but cable is free with receiver box. Management is cordial.

Good rate but very tight.

Stay for one week. Rv's so close couldn't put out canopy. Parking was very very tight. Lots of very old rv's. Good rate but never could get cable to work. Loud train near by.