Goat City , TENNESSEE

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Goat City Camping Reviews
Little slice of heaven

After the Covid lockdowns, this was the perfect getaway for our family. The bathrooms were clean, the campsites were a good size and well shaded.  We went to the beach at Cub Lake for hours every day!  There were several playgrounds around the campgrounds, I'm sure we tried them all.  We had an electric site around the corner from the beach, near an older playground and bathrooms.  The lake is BEAUTIFUL!  The cabins looked wonderful, too. We liked that they had both a fire ring and grill.  The lake water is pretty dirty, but we had plenty of fun. There was also a nice visitor's center and walking trails.

Nice Stop

Simple stop over spot. spots are level and gravel lined with decent hook ups.

Great place to stay!!

Great place to stay!! It is very clean and quiet. The ranger is very nice and checks on you during your stay.

Some Happy Campers

I've been going here since I was a youngn' and it never fails to disappoint. Nice views with nice people all around and some of the hottest showers of you life. 10/10 would recommend.

New Owners

My family and I stayed at Parkers Crossroads overnight, just passing through until we got to our final destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The owners are new and were just on the job for their second day when we arrived. They were very hospitable! We arrived there later than expected. I called them, and they came to the office to escort us to our spot. The gentleman there even helped my husband get the electricity and water set up while his wife went over all the paperwork with me. The next day, we were really able to see the grounds. The property is beautiful! They have a pool , which h was closed for the season, and we loved the pond area. The only reason why it is not a 5 star is because 1) we didn't check out the restroom facilities, and 2) we wished they had a nicer playground area for the kids. I will say that the paperwork they shared with us shows plans to incorporate a new playground. So maybe there will be a nicer one when we come back. Best wishes to the new owners!

Chickasaw State Park

One of the strangest parks we've been to. There are two campground loops. One for trailers/RV's, they call it, and the Wrangler, equesterian. The trailer/RV loop is on the side of a hill. It was amazing the way they got so many half way level sites into this area. Very, very tight. Good thing for us it was booked up and we ended up in the wrangler loop. A nice flat area more suited to larger rigs. Some, as was ours are very,very close together. Most are pretty level and easy access. Ther is no office that we cound find and when we asked a local, his reply was, "You got a reservation, then just got to the site & yur name & date will be on the post. Yup, it was. Pretty good for a night over. Just can't give it a real good rating. Att & Verizon were both workable. OTA TV not so good.

All in all, doubt if we'd go back.

Pretty Area, Outdated Park

We tent camped in the Cub Lake loop, campsite 2, site 2. The restrooms was incredibly out of date. Loop 1 looked like all the sites were on an incline falling down a hill. Loop 2, our site was flat but some others in this loop were on an incline. All sites, restrooms and the park overall looked dilapidated and like it needs some TLC. There were water pumps though. Would not stay here again.

Park was so nice, we did it twice

On the way back from Pickett State Park, to Texas, we decided to stay at the Wrangler site again. This time, I picked a new pad (56) and again, it was dark, quiet and beautiful. This park is huge, with TONS of site choices available. The tent sites seemed full, but we prefer less people. The updated photo below. We had to book through recreation.gov app, which was easy enough, but misleading on what sites are booked and not booked. Would absolutely return to this beautiful State Park.

Cute little spot to park

We had business in Memphis and Jackson, this was a good in-between park. Stayed a week and felt safe and secure. New electrical boxes, level gravel spots with shade. About 30 spaces with most being rented to construction workers. Nice people. Overall Nice stay.

Great place to relax & enjoy nature

There are 3 different campgrounds in thos very large state park. Cub Lake is for tents or small campers with water & electric hookups. The Wrangler Camp is for horse riders with water & electric hookups. The Pin Oak Campground is for RVs. Every site has full hookups. Two nice bath houses, a pavilion, playground, beach area, and boat dock. It is very open with several trees, but not not a lot of shade. The pictures in this review are only from Pin Oak Campground.