The best BOAT IN camping near
Arlington , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Arlington Camping Reviews
Plenty to see and do

This is my neighborhood campground, so i might be a little biased. A great spot to spend the weekend with lots of good trails, a big lake for paddling and fishing, and quaint camp sites. The bathrooms are clean but have strong serial killer vibes. There used to be a pool here. I’d love to see that open again!

Hidden gem, perfect for a few nights.

A big, undeveloped lake in Northern Mississippi? Yep, indeedy!!!

We stayed here for two nights to break up the long drive between Nashville and Petit Jean in Arkansas. Since we're brilliant planners and choose to travel through the southeast in August when it's 95 degrees every day, we always look for places on the water.

Don't let the less-than-poetic name deter you the South Abutment Recreation Area is beautiful. Sites are large (thank you Army Corps of Engineers) and clean (thank you other campers) and many are right on the water.

We stayed at site 19, which was great.

If you want something right on the water, I'd recommend site 25.

Bottom line: If you're looking for somewhere on the water and quiet to stay for a few days, check this one out.

To break up potentially long stretches of driving betwe

Out of the Way Serene Forest

Meeman-Shelby, north of Memphis, is a nice addition for your camping travels.  Very quiet with decent, if old, shower and toilet facilities. Lots of mosquitoes due to the forest surrounds so be prepared.  Some sites have dual levels so be prepared there, too.  Not much privacy between sites.

Nice hiking and camping

The campground is generally more expensive than the other surrounding camping spots in the area. However, the camp is very nice. It didn’t feel crowded, the restrooms are clean, and the views are nice, especially camps 36-45. There is also good amount of hiking around. There is a longer 12 mile hike close by, and other shorter more challenging and less challenging trails. There is also a lake near by.

Nice spot

I went there during the 4th of July weekend. Site 9 and site 10 are by far the most beautiful sites in the camp in my opinion. They are right on the lake and relatively separate from the other sites. However, I do recommend getting those sites together for a group. While they are separate from others, both site are on top of each other and I felt I had no privacy from my neighbors who had their radio on all night long. The place is clean and safe for a female solo camper, there are showers as well. Both showers and restrooms are clean. However, the ranger drove by only twice during the day and I wish there was someone else to attend the camp to ensure others are following the rules.

We had a great time at this campsite.  Large camping areas with fire ring, grill and picnic table.

This campsite is right by a hiking trail so it was pretty easy to get firewood. The bathrooms/ showers area are well maintained and easy to get too. All in all a great trip and will be going again real soon.

Perfect weekend campground in the Mid-South

My family and I live about 25 min from the campground at Meeman-Shelby State Park. We have been several times and have camped with tents, pop-ups, and now with our Geo-Pro. We love this campground.

Pros: -49 available sites -all sites with water, 30A, fire ring, grill and picnic table -a variety of hiking/biking trails -update playground -lake with rental kayaks, canoes, boats (in season) -fully functioning bathhouse that is dated but clean

Cons: -no sewer at any sites -some sites on the back sides of the camp ground are subject to erosion and can be unlevel and not ideal for kids -large park so many of the activities outside the campground require driving -1 bathhouse which can be an issue on certain weekends -MOSQUITOS. If you go after the weather warms up, be forewarned that the mosquitos will eat you alive. We mostly camp at Meeman-Shelby in the fall/winter. We do not camp Spring/Summer.

There is a disc golf course that is very popular. There is a nature center that is under renovation that has snakes, spiders and owls to see. There are cabins to rent but we have never stayed in one. They look nice from the outside.

I’ve included several pictures of camp sites and the grounds. All in all, Meeman-Shelby is a great park and is perfect for families. Make sure to schedule a friday night dinner at the General Store. Steak and live music that sets the tone for a great camping weekend!

OVERNIGHT

Stopped here for one night on my way East. Average campground peaceful and quiet. Bathroom could use updating.

Sept 2019

This is a great small park. It's older, not many hook up sites. Ranger was friendly Uses an iron ranger. The park is used and for the most part the patrons do their due diligence. Has several trails

Very nice

Nice and clean. Well kept. Plenty of shady spots with lake views very quiet also. Will be back