Ravenel , SOUTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Ravenel Camping Reviews
Great place for a weekend.

This is our first time to this state park. There are 2 separate campgrounds. One that is right on the beach with plenty of beach access and the other that is called Live Oak campground. This is the one we stayed at. The sites are all level with hard packed sand. They are rather small sites though. Deepen enough for a fifth wheel but not very wide. Your fifth wheel and your truck is all that will fit in most sites. Not a lot of extra room left for all your accessories. The tails are great and be sure to bring your bike. The only negative is the amount of Ticks that your dogs will pick up if you take them on the trails. Be prepared the are tiny little devils! The park is right off a busy highway so depending on the site you choose you will hear a lot of roadway noise. We were in site # 89. Next time I will chose one well away from the highway. All and all a beautiful place for a weekend getaway!

Beautiful campground!

Camped at site 32 in mid-November and site and grounds were both beautiful and very well kept. Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. There was a nice walking/biking path around the campground and downtown Charleston and Isle of Palms beaches were both close by. We are already planning a return trip.

Best SC beach!

We just spent 3 great days on liveoak #109 and partied on the beach side with friends in #72 and #70. The beach has fabulous shells of all types and the surf was roaring- even heard it over at Liveoak! The restrooms are extremely clean and the little town is right next door(bi-lows is convenient) with great restaurants you can walk or bike to. Plan to come back many times!

A Caboose and wildlife

A little out of the way , nicely kept KOA. I love the decorum. The office houses a shower , laundry , pizza service and a small coffee and liquor bar. The staff was very nice and professional. The dog park is itty bitty which might prompt you to take a walk on the trail around a small lake……..but remember where you are cause your dog is not the top of the food chain here! No swimming in that lake! Well shaded and intricately interwoven parking spots. AND a Caboose to rent! Very cool. We stayed here overnight enroute to NC, it was moderately full but started filling up the day we left. The Parris Island is not far off and I’m sure during graduations this KOA gets crowded as well as evacuations and vacations.

HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Very nice campground

We really enjoyed our to night stay at this campground. The site are nice and generally spaced well. The baths are updated and nice. We walked to town for lunch and coffee. We will return again for a longer stay.

Fine for overnight

We are Thousand Trails members so the stop is free for us. We stopped here earlier this year overnight and last night election night. For an overnight stop it's fine quiet for the most part. Muffle sounds of 95 often a distance at night . Never used the pool nor inside the clubhouse, laundry, or bathrooms. As you can see by the pics I'm including as others say it is tight. Yesterday was a nice evening cool but nice no rain so it wasn't muddy. earlier this year when we were here and as other stated it did rain and yes quite a bit of water gets around your site. Last time we were here we went around the lake I guess you can call it that screen and odd looking but the walkway was clean and manageable for my wife who need a walker to help her.

Lovely place

My husband and I had a wonderful time kayaking in the salt marsh and walking on the nearby beach

No Frills RV park

We were looking for somewhere to stay to get away from the tropical storm this past week.he park is small, about 30 or so sites, but it is well maintained. If you're looking for a NO FRILLS RV park in Charleston, SC, with monthly rental rates, which include electrical, this is the place! Please keep in mind, this is NOT a resort, with a pool, putting green, laundry and shower facilities but for Charleston, SC, the price is right and the owner(s) are very accommodating. Close to downtown!

This is a military campground !

Would be great but as stated you must qualify to stay