The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Myrtle Beach , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Myrtle Beach Camping Reviews
Nice

Nice park and campground. Beach access is good. Staff is helpful.

Nearly perfect, save for the close proximity

Booked the spot for 4 nights in the tent, and extended for two more after rest stops in Savannah and Charleston during this fourth week in September. This park really has it all: trails, beaches, camp store, RV and tent sites, laundry, clean bathrooms, and WiFi. There's something magical about the trees that shelter the picnic areas beside the beach. You will see hares, turtles, birds, and lizards in the nature preserves, but you won't see raccoons, possums, or armadillos near the camp sites. There are just too many people and dogs for them to bear. Camped in spot #123a, pretty large and next to the bathrooms and trash/recycling bins, and a short walk to the camp store. The fire pits are shallow and don't have that ability to raise the rack to separate your food front the fire, so be watchful when cooking to prevent burning. Expect overhead air traffic related to the nearby airport and a helicopter tour company. There's a special path for bikes and carts that takes you out of the park and places you right in front of the supermarket Food Lion on Hwy 17. Cool. This is now a favorite park. It would have five stars if I couldn't hear my neighbors' low-volume conversations next door.

Great state park

Fishing pier right there near camping site. Grab your pole and catch dinner or venture out to one of the many great restaurants the grand strand area has to offer.

Summer destination

We have stayed at Lakewood for the last 10 years for our summer vacation. This year we booked 2 weeks and rode out our first hurricane!! We really enjoy the quite family atmosphere and the short walk to the beach. The water park is super fun for our children. They love the water slides and I love the lazy river that allows me to float around and watch them. My kids love to go fishing at night and crabbing at the inlet. We ride golf carts and enjoy the activities the campground provide. The bathhouses are usually clean. They have a good coffee house and store with really good food. We really enjoy our summers at Lakewood!!

Great place

Great family campground we’ve stayed at many times this year. Water park for kids and beach access.

Hidden Gem
 In the heart of the Myrtle Beach strip near Ocean Lakes is a quaint state park.
 I camped in the overflow camping area because I wanted a single night stay (two nights are usually required).  I called the same morning to reserve over the phone. If you want wifi which comes free, DO NOT STAY AT THESE SITES, wifi does not reach the overflow camping as my campsite buddies can attest. On that note, the night was not crowded but the campsites are directly on top of each other in the overflow sites, be warned. However, my neighbors were cool, friendly, and respectful.
 The overflow is a close walk to the beach and the fishing pier maybe 7 minutes.  We were situated only yards away from the bathrooms which were clean. As of 8/20 masks are required for bathrooms and the gift shop at the pier. Security drove through several times during the night and other than the thunderstorms it was quiet.  Everyone at the park was very friendly.
Great beach access, tight camp sites

We camped here in June. It was tough to social distance. Sites were very close together, but campground had excellent beach access and we saw a beautiful sunrise. Cell coverage for ATT and Verizon were ok and I was able to get some work done. Not one of our most favorite campgrounds, but you have to love the beach.

Great family vacation spot!

We had a blast here. Stayed in two different sites that weren’t the best but we were barely at them. We booked late so just got the last of what was available. Campground staff was nice and I love that they allow golf carts on the property! Easy access to the beach, especially with the golf cart and wasn’t crowded at all.

Comfortable

Not as huge as it’s Southern neighbor and not as small as it’s Northern neighbor. It is quite cozy and has more shade. Not as busy a campground either. Kind of exactly like it’s location, a comfortable medium amenities campground. I always look forward to coming back!

Great location

You can walk from your campsite to the beach. The campground is busy but worth it to be so close to the beach. The spots are tricky to get into because there isn’t much room. There is lots of shade which is great in the summer.