the dyrt
Central Falls, RHODE ISLAND
Most Recent Central Falls Camping Reviews
Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

Clean and friendly

The owners are very friendly and helpful. The park is clean although it can be a bit noisy with commuter traffic. Easy to maneuver even with a big rig.

Our family stayed here, we loved it. It was clean, pretty, with lots to do

Our family had a great time here for long holiday weekend. It's a nice pretty campground.

Very quaint. The youngsters had a ball exploring, and found a few bull frogs to race later on..lucky for the frogs they got to race to freedom, lol

THough the kids cried, why did they leave?

I Will be going back again this year, a whole bunch of us are meeting up..we're renting sites next to each other along side the water…

The best of New England!

The White Mountains, New Hemisphere, is a must, worth the short drive especially if you can go in early October, when the leaves are changing. Boston is only 40 minutes away, and the best of Maine is also very close. If you’re not up for sightseeing, and you want a good pizza take the 7 minute walk from the campsite to Chip Shots, yum. The staff and campgrounds were both very nice.

Clean

Spent the 4th of July w my bio-dad here several yrs ago, don’t recall much except there were fireworks that hit several tents, fortunately no one was injured.

Wells State Park

I was very pleasantly surprised by this Park, just tucked away off of Route 49 in Sturbridge. While I didn’t get to explore the entire grounds, I was impressed with how beautiful and shaded the Park was and all the trails it had to offer. Plus, it is practically down the road from Treehouse Brewery, near Sturbridge Village, Hyland Orchard and countless other community amenities.

It is absolutely lovely in the fall, especially on the water at the campers’ beach. Quite calm and scenic. Site 2, right nearby, is a great spot. Fairly large and literally feet away from the beach.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

A rural family campground near Barre, MA

We stayed in Coldbrook twice, one on Violet and once on Daisy, both times in June for the Spartan Race. The guests were split between weekend warriors and hard-core seasonals. The roads were all dirt and the initial drive down into the campground is very steep. The amenities are nice, with a 9 hole golf-course, a nice pool and splash zone, a game room, playground, and covered picnic area. Both times we stayed in a tent. Overall, I prefer the Daisy loop because we were farther removed from the main camping area. The second time when we camped at Violet it was next to the playground and the picnic area, and although these were extremely convenient, I would take sleep any day. Quiet hours were not even remotely enforced and drunken partying went into the wee hours of the morning. Otherwise, the campground was ok. The bathrooms and showers were decent. The events that we attended were nice. However, I do not believe I would stay here again.

Huge campground lots of variation in sites

Good for families or couples

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.

one of my favorite go back to places

We come back to Fishermans twice a year. We love the pull thrus and the full hookups. The campsite is always clean and there is so much to do in the area.

Peaceful and relaxing!

Although this campground is pretty big, it is actually spread out pretty well and very peaceful! The monitor it very well to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Great for the whole family! I’ve been camping here for over 30 years! I went as a child and now bring my children.

Extremely large and busy campground with nice sites

Large State park near the ocean that was very busy. We stayed on a Sunday night and on a Monday night. On Sunday the whole campground was packed. Monday night was much more calm.

Site was good. Fire pit was made of rocks and was larger than most campgrounds.

Bathrooms were fine… could have been a little cleaner but I think that has to do with the sheer volume of people camping at the time.

The lake front beach is nice. It's small and doesn't get that deep but it was a nice change from the cold ocean water.

If you want to hit the beautiful and nearby East Beach… go early and bring cash. There are limited parking spots and they fill very quickly. We arrived at 9:45am and the lot was full.

Relax in the woods

Just reopened this summer and they did a great job on everything. Nice sites, great playgroung for the kids.

Beautiful and clean

My friend and our kids camped here for a weekend trip to Misquamicut which is a 5-10 minute drive away! We absolutely loved our site which was near the lake where we also swam. It’s a large campground and well maintained. Definitely recommend!

Family oriented

Convenient location, beautiful pond on beautiful cape cod, Ma. My family has gone there for years with neighbors and always enjoyed our stay.

Older but lots to do

The campground is older, and the roads/driveways need work. For those looking for newer facilities, this isn't the place. There are no 50 amp sites. The rec hall and the bath houses are old, but we don't mind the old fashioned spots at times. Reminds me of camping as a kid. There are a lot of activities for the kids and adults. Shuffleboard, bocci ball, fishing, bingo, playground, pit luck dinners, etc. There is wifi available.

There are a lot of seasonal campers which can sometimes feel like you're intruding on their space. There is a page of rules to follow, the seasonals ignore them.

There is no black water hookup, only gray water. You have to have them clean out the black or dump on the way out.

Over crowed

Great amenities and faculty members that run non stop group activities .. 6 pools with adult only pool and splash pad for the kiddos . Basketball courts , pickle ball court, softball field.. u name it they have it … . BUT the place is being over run by campers in very large groups that are rude and obnoxious ..

Very friendly , quiet , and helpful place nestled on the Quinabaug river

The place is quiet and super friendly

Expensive and loud

I don't know how a cartoon themed campground ended up with a full bar, live music until midnight, and rowdy drunk seasonal campers partying until dawn. But there it is. You can also here I 84 from the tent sites. Besides the noise, there's the expense for everything. 3 dollars per person per rider for a paddle boat. 5 dollars per person per day to use their "aqua center" (a pool with a 20 foot water slide). 7 dollars for a bundle of pine firewood. And there are kids activities, but that requires a fee as well.

We had a good time here despite all of this, but we certainly won't be back.

More permanent sites

Most of this campground is permanent trailers. None of which are very well kept. The sites we were on were very in level and the water and electric were very far apart from each other. The dump station was so unlevel that we had to stop on the turnpike to dump our tanks properly.

Quick shot at this

The guy above me gave you most of the skinny, so I can keep this short and sweet. This campsite is superlatively convenient if you live in the Boston area, especially so if you’re like me and you’re one of those “Boston kids who don’t cross the bridge,” both proverbial and otherwise. The area around Ponkapog is beautiful, showcasing a wetland climate that, while common, is an integral part of the Massachusetts ecosystem that many people don’t even realize is within a stones throw. Why spend a summer weekend baking like a sausage next to a big of townies when you can chill in the bog with bogey-bogmen?

Highlights:

serviceable and cheap campground with limited amenities

some natural peace and quite close to the city

lots of good berry picking and trails

not far from the blue hills

good family fun

swimming

Lowlights:

bogmen

won’t go back

unfriendly staff - camp is way too big for my taste - it’s mass camping

one night visit

the park is big and wild but the staff is rude and useless. Campgrounds are very close from one another.

More of an RV resort

This is a well kept RV Park with large sites. The do not allow tents at all so it should be called an RV Park. The charge extra for pets per day. They have a huge clean pool and a water slide park (extra fee) and a mini golf course (extra fee). The bathrooms are very clean as are the pay showers. Water pressure is ok and power is a bit iffy when the park is full. All in all it is a park I would recommend.

Well managed

Had a few issues they cleared them up quickly. Clean and spacious

Feels like Vermont yet 20 minutes from Downtown Boston

Great People, Great Times.

Ponky is a hidden jem! Minutes from Boston, feels Miles away. Love the cabins! Spending Friday & Saturday in one of the cabins (w/woodstove) is deal for a winter weekend adventure!