Camping in State College

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near State College, Pennsylvania

221 Reviews of 43 State College, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Neat campground but sketchy bathrooms

The sites are very cool at this campground. They are very spacious and help you feel closer to nature. The bathrooms are very bad though

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Horrible

We had a terrible experience here. We were at tent site #29 but for only an hour...the "water hookup" was BROWN. The bathroom has no lights or sink... Our 16x16 tent didn't fit the "17x17" tent pad. We had bug spray on and had two ThermaCELLs running and we're literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.…

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Jedediah P.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very Nice

Very nice campsite!! Some sites do have limited places for larger tents because of roots but pretty good place to camp.

Megan B.

Campground mediocre, area nice

The campground is fine. Basic amenities and pretty small. But it has everything you need. The area is gorgeous and there are a ton of trails to check out.

Month of VisitDecember
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

Dave B.

Red Bridge

The camping is great! There are showers, RV hook ups, beautiful views and close to Cougar Bob's which is the best place for pizza!

SiteTent
Brian C.

spacious sites

I Luke's this campground a lot. the sites are very large and well maintained. there are large gravel spaces bordered with wood. two large picknick tables at each site. site had electric and water nearby. plenty of room to back in.

I was there in April so the park was pretty empty and no…

SiteMCAM 70
S

Midweek get away

My wife found his camp ground for a midweek get away. We had Site 50 with a lake view, this site was level and ease to park our Small Camper . I would highly recommend this camp ground for those with smaller RVs

N
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Important information please read

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation last minute due to a medical emergency. I was truly looking forward to going to this campground because of all the great reviews. I had to leave a message to cancel. I was contacted my Jason from the campground and was told that none of my money would…

T
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

It was fine.

All campers respected fellow campers. Accommodations were fine.... We're camping!

Site#40