Camping in State College

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near State College, Pennsylvania

135 Reviews of 24 State College, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Neat campground but sketchy bathrooms

The sites are very cool at this campground. They are very spacious and help you feel closer to nature. The bathrooms are very bad though

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

S
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Midweek get away

My wife found his camp ground for a midweek get away. We had Site 50 with a lake view, this site was level and ease to park our Small Camper . I would highly recommend this camp ground for those with smaller RVs

N
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Important information please read

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation last minute due to a medical emergency. I was truly looking forward to going to this campground because of all the great reviews. I had to leave a message to cancel. I was contacted my Jason from the campground and was told that none of my money would…

T
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

It was fine.

All campers respected fellow campers. Accommodations were fine.... We're camping!

Site#40
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice large sites

Sites are on 2 loops. The sites have a decent amount of space between them so you are not on top of each other. Picnic tables and fire rings at each site. Not a lot of trees so many sites are in the direct sun. There is a mix of 50 and 30 amp, some sites with water, some without. Very quiet. I…

Site37 oak loop
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

No pets

Only knock is this section of the campground is not for pet owners, but it’s not completely obvious when making a reservation. So, we stayed with our pups and didn’t get in trouble but felt weird for breaking the rules that we didn’t know about before arriving 🤷‍♂️

Amber W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Small, quiet and dispersed

Limited sites. Must call District office for permit, but still free. Vaulted toilets. There is a swimming hole in the small creek that’s great! Kids loved it! Also the river is just down on 555 with a kayak launch. An elk viewing plot is just across from the kayak launch site/ parking lot. Not far…

• Entrance to the right. I believe this is site 5 with tents to the left and parking for tents.
  • swimming hole
Ruth  .
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Decent

Camp site was a little awkward when tent camping. We stayed in Birch so not sure about the other sites but it seemed better suited for an RV. Our site had hardly any space for a tent if you didn’t want to sleep on rocks it was nice to be near the lake but glad we had a shaded spot. The showers…

SiteBirch 51 &52
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Good for overnight stay

I found the one star review to be unfair. They didn’t even stay here. We found the host personable and helpful. The park itself is OK for an overnight stay. Not much to offer longer term stays. Sites were well spaced and wooded. Full hookups. Nice play ground for kids. Bathrooms just OK.

SiteOvernight spaces no number
Robyn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Close to rails to trails, quiet and peaceful

We go here every year. Electric hook up, and very nice tent sites along creek. Does get crowded on nice weekends but mostly families. A short drive down to pine creek rails to trails. Beautiful ride through creek canyon. Nice little store at entrance, and several hikes from park.