Kittanning, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Kittanning Camping Reviews
Beautiful site

I stayed at campsite #11, in between a creek, the river, and a fire road. There was a ton of trash in and around the fire ring, and there were deer entrails about 10 feet from the fire ring. Besides that, the site was great. The fire road was good for searching for downed trees as fire wood and for a nice morning walk. Nice that the site was free, but I wish there were better maps available online for the sites. We got the impression there were supposed to be a lot more sites than we actually could find.

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground. Lots of room, fishing lake and pool. Not a ton of activities but would recommend.

Quiet well maintained

Owners and seasonal campers are friendly. We camped here 3 times this summer. We’re going to masquerade ball in October. Large sites, nice restrooms, big hall, pool, lake to canoe, boat & fish. They have a small cafe for breakfast and lunch. You can rent the hall for parties and weddings. You can get married at the gazebo. They have activities on weekends. Like the bingo here. Keystone Lake close to campground to go boating. Short drive to Smicksburg to shop. You may hear the horse drawn buggies of the Amish who keep their boats here. No charge for golf carts. Senior discount for sites. We invited friends who like it here and invited others. Would recommend!

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Great stay!!!

Thank you to Jay and Kelly for a wonderful 10 day stay at their campground. So much to do in the area, hiking, waterfalls, good eats, Bear Town Rocks, beautiful forests… We loved our campsite right on the small pond that is stocked with Carp and Koi. The seasonal campers made us feel so welcome and included us in trick-or-treat, potluck and a fun dance complete with DJ. Being able to use Passport America for a couple of days helps to make it affordable. Showers were clean and hot. Nice store, laundry. This is not a fancy campground but one we’ll love to come back to!

Free first come first server primitive sites .

Sites along river rd and millstone rd south of Belltown. There is a pit toilet for the sites where river rd meets millstone creek rd. Clean up and take your trash with you when you go.

Rude owner!

Owner has no people skills! He was extreamly rude to our whole group! Plenty of other campgrounds in the area to choose from, would not recommend Kalumet at all!

Big Disappointment

Some sites require over 50' of hose and multiple power cords to reach power box due to the great amount of trees providing good shade throughout camp ground. The owner took it upon himself to correct the children and not the parents. The community had a great Halloween weekend. I will never go back or recommend this place after they way things were handled later on in the weekend with friends being evicted with 0 notice as owner was to cowardly to speak with adults over an activity that was mishandled from the beginning. Drive 10 more minutes and stay in the park. It's way nicer, and close to activities.

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Great Location

Nearby all the local attractions that laurel highlands has to offer….Youghiogheny River,  Frank Loyd Wright house, Living Treasures Animal Park,  Seven Springs,  Hidden Valley,  etc..

Indoor and outdoor pools are great.

Bingo is taken seriously here…DO NOT talk at ALL. Lol

Local Attractions are great!

Laurel Highlands campland is in a terrific location for all the local attractions. The youghiogheny river,  living treasures animal park, seven springs, hidden valley,  Frank Loyd Wright house,  etc.

The outdoor pool is large and the indoor pool is great for those rainy days.

Bingo here is SERIOUS. you will get yelled at if you talk at all. Lol.

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Campers Beware! No Hospitality!!

The owner, Mark is arrogant, pompous and has 0 interest in making you feel welcomed or comfortable.  He is miserable,  and is incapable of holding an adult conversation.  He ostracized a couple of teenage girls,  who were camping with their family and trying to take part of a planned camp activity.  They girls did make a mistake, as most 16 year old children will during their lives, but Mark did not allow the parents to explain, apologize, or handle the situation. He kicked out a family of 5 at 10pm at night because he was on a power trip. Not a family friend place!

You shouldn't have to worry about being asked to leave  because your child mishandled the roles to a game…. and when you haven't been a disturbance, or haven't broke any laws.

Also, hook ups are extremely far away from sites. Very inconvenient. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Beautiful wooded site

This is a beautiful camping site.

Great peaceful campground

Just got back from a weekend stay here and it was great. If you like camping to be quiet, peaceful and simple, then you'll love this little campground. We stayed at a tent site, site #11. This campground isn't one of those busy, overcrowded, commercialized campgrounds, and that's why my husband and I loved it! The sites are a little close together but since it's so small, it's still very private. The bathrooms were clean and well kept, nothing fancy, but camping isn't about fancy accommodations. They have a pool but it was closed for the season. The lady who checked us in was very nice and escorted us to our site, and made sure we were happy with it. There are a few permanent residents on the upper loop through the campground, and also a small little motel type apartment building with residents living in it, it is actually a part of the bath and shower house. The entire weekend had about 7 spots rented out, and it was super quiet and relaxing.

The only thing I can say about this campground that made me not give it 5 stars is, the highway noise. It's located right off the highway so the traffic noise is a little loud, so it takes away from the great sounds of camping, like the crickets, frogs and fire crackling. But all in all this was a great little find and my husband and I are already talking about going back.

Great First RV Trip

We decided to go here for our first RV trip as it is close to home for us. Great first experience! We stayed at site 43 in the Hillside Loop because we brought our 2 large dogs. Site was very private and relatively flat. We did not use the bathroom facilities but they seemed nice. There is a lot to do in the park and the fact that it is very close to home means we will back again!

Back to Nature

Went there off-season which I recommend everyone do. In the Fall. Beautiful colored folage. Woke up to find I was surrounded by a huge herd of deer. Outstanding!

Nice area not very level

Its a nice place, great creek and woods. Most of the spots will require leveling blocks

Nice and clean campgrounds

The Campground was really nice, some spots gave you enough space to feel pretty secluded from other campers, which was nice for my partner and I.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Wonderful weekend getaway

My family stayed in one of the cabins while friends were in their campers. The cabin was great, very clean and cozy. The campgrounds are very nice they have a pool as well as a community building and camp store. We had 8 kids and 8 adults who all had a blast playing on the playground, floating down the creek, swimming in the pool, riding bicycles etc. All in all we will definitely be returning

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Big woods feel

Long drive (almost a mile) into the campground from the main road. You follow the creek into the campground where it also meets the Clarion River. Lot of crayfish to catch in frigid cold Clear Creek and great tubing in the Clarion River. Cabins, RV and tent sites available. I’ll be honest, the tent only loop l, sites 43 and higher are not that great. Nothing flat and very difficult to find a good spot on them for a tent. But they are also the most private sites. Clear Creek State Forest is just next door and offers lots of hiking and biking trails. Farmers Inn is just outside of the campground with great food and Cooks Forest is a short drive away with go carts tubing and canoeing and kayaking.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

Jellystone

Plenty of activities for the kids, awesome lasertag course. Best shower house I've seen.

Turn Pike camp

Nice pools with playground, fishing pond and tons of open space. They have 30amp and are limited to 50. They seems to have tons of activites going on but we couldn’t stay to find out. The spot they gave us had the eclectical box broke, even tho we had been talking with with a whole month an in half. We got tons of help from staff and the campers there.

Hopefully the fix thier issues and we shall return, everyone there seemed to always have fun and enjoy the food that was prepared for them there

Small, quiet and friendly

They have a pool, fishing pond and a cloud pillow with the playground next to it along with two small dog play areas.Every week they organizes different themes for bingo, and other games. They also have Sunday pancake days. The parking spots for non seasonal are okay, a few steep ones but the all haave gravel and a patch of grass with a table and fire pit. Now thier monthly (which I have currently) man are those a nervous wreck! Very steep and awkward but we go it done. The whole back area is covered in blackberry bushes and in the morning your awaken by the beautiful sounds of birds singing.

It is in the middle of nowhere, but depending on where you wanna go it’s either 15-30min drive. BRING CHANGE! YOUR RIGHT NEXT TO TI THE TURN PIKE. Greens burg is where you’ll find all your needs like grocery stores, the mall, a few wines yards etc.