Castle Shannon, PENNSYLVANIA

Camping Pennsylvania Castle Shannon

Most Recent Castle Shannon Camping Reviews
Nice place but horrid visitors

I was here the Friday of Labor day weekend. The woman who took my reservation was great and the grounds were nice. They had several options including tent sites in a large open area, some areas that were a little more secluded, lean-to, RV parking and tent platforms which was where i landed.. The 2 stars is due to the fact i was surrounded by people who were beyond drunk,obnoxious and extremely loud which is fine its all a part of camping right? They were hanging out playing there music when i first arrived about 6 and i can appreciate some good fun and music! (but how much Johnny Cash can one handle?) They then moved onto some less appealing tunes which i do not have children but there were plenty riding their bikes by so I'm sure mom had to explain some words that evening. Nothing was done regardless of the vulger lyrics but i figured what do i know I'm not a parent! I had been traveling for days so i was exhausted and managed to fall asleep only to be woken around 11:00 by several people across the way having a blast laughing and yelling which went until 2am and a couple next to me screaming and arguing at each other until 3am.. Quiet time 10:00? At least tone it down! No one addressed the situation. So if you like to hang out and party it up this is a great place. If your looking for a family oriented camping experience maybe not so much..

Beautiful campground, quiet, not to crowded…..

Comfy camping!

Nice simple, small campground sites are for everyone, RV to tent, older bathhouses but clean. Swimming pool and lake for fishing and boating!

Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!

What a gem!

What a special stat we had! So close to the McConnells Mill trails, gorgeous deck spot above the gorge and low key vibe to the campground overall. I cannot believe it took us this long to stay here!

Cute and quiet weeknight

My daughter and I came through here on our way from Michigan to Virginia. I think it was a Thursday night. It was quiet and beautiful. The host did seem to be expecting a crazy weekend, but we didn’t stay to find out. We camped in a lower loop with platforms overlooking the hill. There was a clean port a potty near our site. We didn’t explore much else but I believe the river would have only been a short walk/drive away. The overall vibe was clean, safe, and beautiful. They collected payment at night by visiting the sites. I did not see sites near water or a playground that are featured in other photos (but perhaps I did not look hard enough?).

No Longer in Existence

This campground was a lovely, wooded campground for families and relaxing. However, the owner changed last summer and this campground is no longer available to camp at.

Quiet little campground

Tucked away in southeastern Ohio is a gem of a park for camping, hiking and horse camping. Clean water, restrooms, playground, sand volleyball and basketball court. Dump station and 18 miles of multi use trails! Small lake for wading with the kiddos, fishing near the dam or skip rocks in the creek. But be sure to pack a picnic and relax and enjoy! Only a few electric sites available. Mostly flat shaded sites most perfect for tents or trailers.

Very comfy and private

This is our first trip out this year and the park is lovely. Mainly shaded spots with electric at most. Perfect place to get started with minimal water and dump capacity. Our daughter did use our portable dump cart for her grey water and they had to refill the water by hand but with a 60 gal water tank, we have managed well for 5 days.

Loads of trails to hike and lots to visit. I recommend the Mineral Springs and old cemetery for sure.

Nice Campground with Full Hookups

Nice campground next to Chestnut Ridge Park (great pond swimming & newt catch/release as well as summer folk music concerts on Sat when not COVID). Also 5 minutes from Coopers Rock (great lookout, awesome trails, old clay furnace- pictured).

Full Hookups, generous spots for larger RVs. Owners are very nice and helpful. Gets booked up for holiday & football weekends because of limited full h/u in area.