Belle Vernon, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Belle Vernon Camping Reviews
Great! But under construction

This is a really great park. I been here multiple times through the years. There is a lot of fun trails to go on. Which you can view the water falls and river. The welcome center is very hands on. But there was a lot of construction when I was there. I recommend going in the summertime. When it’s warmer you can go down the natural waterslide and swim in the river.

Near Perfect Campground

We went in late October and we arrived fairly late in the day and to our surprise someone was in the store when we got there. Campground was in great shape, the RV lots were well maintained and all the asphalt seems to have been redone recently. The bathrooms were clean and heated to a comfortable level. Showers had great pressure as well. The spots were well spaced out and pretty spacious, the site we were in had electric hookup for 50a/30a/20a but no water at the site but there was water near the bathroom area. Nice big fire pit in the center area for groups.

Awesome fall camping

Site number 12 is a pull thru that was very easy to level with a great are for my 2 year old granddaughter to enjoy. Bathhouse was very clean with hot water shower.

Family Fun at this beautiful campground!

My family and I love Raccoon Creek State Park! It's beautiful and has everything you need for a great trip! Well maintained park with tons of stuff to do. They make sure the lake is readily stocked with fish. If your up for it I recommend the trails also. The wild flower reservation also has great trails.They have affordable boat rentals and the beach area is a nice spot to spend a day to relax. Camping is also great here. I've camped with my family several times with no complaints. The park rangers are also extremely helpful and very clear with the rules they want you to follow. Great fun for anyone!Lovely picnic areas. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but I've seen worse! There were a lot of loud campers late at night(way after 11, even beyond as late as 12:30 am). Other than that, great!

Nice Pennsylvania State Park

Very large park with a variety of campsites ranging from tent, 20/30 amp, 50 amp, and yurts. Price is the same for all electric sites, regardless of amperage. There is a 40-foot maximum vehicle length allowed in the campground– not a problem for our 17-foot van but the staffer who checked us in remarked that many people come in with larger rigs trying to squeeze in and are unable to. We had no problem securing a site with no reservation on a Monday evening after Labor Day. Very close to two Frank Lloyd Wright properties– Kentuck Knob and the more widely known Falling Waters. Other things to do in or near the park include whitewater rafting, rail trail biking, hiking, zip-lining and touring Laurel Caverns. The nearby town of Ohiopyle has many outfitters and several restaurants. The sites are all located on roads leading off the main road; we stayed in a 20/30amp site on Cherry Road (Site 49). It was right next to the bathroom which was good and bad. Good for proximity but bad because we could hear the hum quite clearly. Also, the door to the women’s room would hit you in the rear quite forcefully unless you held onto it (it took me three times to remember to do this)! There was a dishwashing sink in the women’s room (and I’m assuming in the men’s room?); it was very clean, but the only downside was having to do the dishes by myself! Alcohol is prohibited. Only certain areas allow pets. Only one garbage/recycling station outside of the campground. Wood and ice are available 24/7 on the honor system– very nice not to have to wait until a host is on duty to get what you need. Quiet hours 9 pm-8 am, a bit longer than most campgrounds but except for some sites with campfires still burning with people talking, it was very quiet in this campground. Surprisingly strong cell signal for being deep in the woods.

Laurel Hill State Park

Stayed:  09/21/19

Site: 222 (Non-electric)

Price:  $35

Pros:  Clean facilities, Huge park, $5 firewood, Seven Springs Downhill Bike Park

Cons:  Site was backed up to road, be aware for noise.

Great place to camp with an ATV

ATV friendly.  Trails close by. Several fishing ponds.  Close to laurel highland area attractions.

So much to do!

This Yogi Bear campground offers a large waterpark area,  large pool,  monster truck rides and many activities. You don't have to leave to find something to do, but there are also many local attractions as well. Kids love it here. Highly recommend.

Great Location

Nearby all the local attractions that laurel highlands has to offer….Youghiogheny River,  Frank Loyd Wright house, Living Treasures Animal Park,  Seven Springs,  Hidden Valley,  etc..

Indoor and outdoor pools are great.

Bingo is taken seriously here…DO NOT talk at ALL. Lol

Local Attractions are great!

Laurel Highlands campland is in a terrific location for all the local attractions. The youghiogheny river,  living treasures animal park, seven springs, hidden valley,  Frank Loyd Wright house,  etc.

The outdoor pool is large and the indoor pool is great for those rainy days.

Bingo here is SERIOUS. you will get yelled at if you talk at all. Lol.

Great peaceful campground

Just got back from a weekend stay here and it was great. If you like camping to be quiet, peaceful and simple, then you'll love this little campground. We stayed at a tent site, site #11. This campground isn't one of those busy, overcrowded, commercialized campgrounds, and that's why my husband and I loved it! The sites are a little close together but since it's so small, it's still very private. The bathrooms were clean and well kept, nothing fancy, but camping isn't about fancy accommodations. They have a pool but it was closed for the season. The lady who checked us in was very nice and escorted us to our site, and made sure we were happy with it. There are a few permanent residents on the upper loop through the campground, and also a small little motel type apartment building with residents living in it, it is actually a part of the bath and shower house. The entire weekend had about 7 spots rented out, and it was super quiet and relaxing.

The only thing I can say about this campground that made me not give it 5 stars is, the highway noise. It's located right off the highway so the traffic noise is a little loud, so it takes away from the great sounds of camping, like the crickets, frogs and fire crackling. But all in all this was a great little find and my husband and I are already talking about going back.

Great First RV Trip

We decided to go here for our first RV trip as it is close to home for us. Great first experience! We stayed at site 43 in the Hillside Loop because we brought our 2 large dogs. Site was very private and relatively flat. We did not use the bathroom facilities but they seemed nice. There is a lot to do in the park and the fact that it is very close to home means we will back again!

Have to find the right camp spot

Went to Raccoon Creek State Park to camp for Labor Day weekend. We booked campsite F1 since we had 2 dogs and the F loop allowed dogs. This site was great! We could fit two tents and it was nice and secluded from the other sites. I recommend booking a site that is on the outside of the “loops” if you want some seclusion. The inner loop sites are right on top of each other, good for Rvs, not so much for tent camping. The bathrooms were a little bit of a hike, the next loop over, but they where clean and had flush toilets and running water along with a shower and sinks to wash dishes. There was a place to get water across from this site which was very convenient . The dog walking trails weren’t bad, but they where very up and down hill, at points steep and rocky. The spring was a really cool hike (right off the park office parking lot.) Down by the beach they had a place to buy wood, only $5 a bundle and the beach place also sells bags of ice. Overall a really good family campground!

Soooo spacious!

I was the only tenter at the time of my stay; had the whole place to myself. The sites are spread far apart and wooded. Table and fire rings are at each site. They have a brand new bath house which was spotless and a well kept dog park for the furs. If desired, there is a group campsite and the use of a pavilion too. The camp store if beautiful and has everything in it should you forget something. I’ll definitely be back.

Camping and boating at its best!

Absolutely love this campground. The lake is beautiful and they offer access to the lake with their boat ramp. Very peaceful and not far from rafting and other activities

Just the spot we were looking for!

Last minute getaway with my two young kids over the holiday weekend and wanted somewhere close to Ohioplye. The nice people gave us a great spot in the woods, very private and room for the kids to explore. For $7 you can get a huge pile of nice dry wood delivered right to your site, no complaints!!

Nice camping site with a wi-Fi

The rate for a tent spot is 17 and there are spot for 50,30 amps RVs The owner is a nice guy There is a near gas station

Quiet Campground with Private Tentsites

My girlfriend and I stayed at tent site 40 Friday August 9th and Saturday August 10th. Most of the sites were pretty private and ours was probably the most private and had a lot of space since we were on the very end of the road / cul-de-sac. I would definitely recommend this site if you like privacy but it is a longer walk to the bath house but we didn't mind that at all. The only thing I didn't like about the campground is that there is no wash tub / sink to wash your dishes which made clean up a little more of a chore. Other than that the staff were very friendly and it is overall a great campground.

Beautiful Hike

The kids had so much fun playing in the water we didn’t have time to hike and see all of it. We spent time in Swallow Falls as well as neighboring Herrington Manor state park where they have a “beach” for swimming and boat and SUP rentals. The prices for rentals were very reasonable and the concession stand was cheap!!! 2.50 for large fries, $1 snow cones, it was nice to splurge on snacks and not drop a small fortune.

We stayed at the camp ground in swallow falls in a pop up camper. The camp ground was quiet and well maintained though it is more suitable for tents and not trailers or RV’s. The bathrooms were decent for public bathhouses, they were cleaned daily but the were outdated. I would definitely come back but maybe with a tent next time and not the trailer. The camp store had the necessities at fair prices. Firewood is sold for $4 a bundle.

We did have a pet friendly site reserved but found out after we arrived that dogs are not allowed out of the campground. In order to hike with our dog we had to access the trail just outside the state park. This would have been nice information to have before arriving with our pet. Pets are allowed within the park Labor Day through Memorial Day.

Not resort

Average campground small hilly sites..cable and internet available when working. Private membership. No sewage

Wonderful weekend getaway

My family stayed in one of the cabins while friends were in their campers. The cabin was great, very clean and cozy. The campgrounds are very nice they have a pool as well as a community building and camp store. We had 8 kids and 8 adults who all had a blast playing on the playground, floating down the creek, swimming in the pool, riding bicycles etc. All in all we will definitely be returning

Very nice

This is the nicest campground for your money. Free WiFi, pool, a few small parks and a dog run. The camp store is super nice and well stocked. The spots are level and there’s a nice pond on the property. We really enjoyed the clear night sky’s and during the day you can watch cattle play on the hillside(no bad smells!) while looking out over the hills and mountains. The bathrooms weren’t as clean as they could be, but not bad. Definitely recommend if you’re ever going through. Not a lot of restaurants or stores nearby, so keep that in mind if you’ll be there awhile.

Good not great

Nice campground, fairly quiet, smaller campsites, roads going to campsites are rocky so be careful if you have a low car.

T’was a good time!

Went to Kentuck Campground with a group of 10 of my closest friends… definitely had an absolute great time. We stayed at sites 6 & 7 which was in a cul de sac and was perfect! However our second night(out of 3) a park ranger walked into our site at about 11:30pm complaining about the noise… however none of us were loud by any means, we were actually very quiet and heard our neighbors a ton within the nights we were there. Definitely do not bring alcohol (not allowed at all), we learned the hard way and got an alcohol citation and were then evicted the next morning at 11am and we ended up going to Green Ridge in Maryland. Absolutely loved the campground though, so beautiful with a ton of shade and space!

Quads, dirt bikes and SxSs

Nice campground with full hookups and large pool. Prefect if you don’t want cell service. Lots of trails for riding. Great views. Could use some updating in some areas.

Excellent family campground

We've been camping here for years. They are family oriented and not looking for large/loud groups. They accommodate tents and RVs, and offer cabins. The staff is helpful and friendly, and so are most of the campers.

They even have entertainment and Saturday night was a fun DJ. The facilities are very clean.

We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Check in was easy and they had no problem with us arriving at almost 11pm.

They offer a game room, pool, mini golf, a full camp store, firewood, etc.

Our tent/RV site had water and electric.

Bathrooms and showers were convenient and clean.

They're convenient to area activities like hiking, biking and rafting, and not far from town.

Great Que

Great place for fishing kayaking Very family oriented

Beautiful campground

The campsites are great and the people who come here are always really friendly, you’re bound to make some friends. Hiking here is gorgeous, and a good workout too.

Great place for quiet and fun. Place you can find community and solitude.

Privately owned. Golf carts for rent. Fabulous mtb trail network - worth paying for a pass to ride. Beautiful tent camping…mossy but not too buggy. Bring your own toilet paper.

Beautiful Mountains

We often do dispersed, leave no trace, primitive camping throughout the state forest. There are wonderful, well maintained trails throughout. If you want to dive into nature within a 30 minute drive from Morgantown, this is your place to go. Take the scenic hike to raven’s rock for views that will not disappoint.