Prineville, OREGON

Camping Oregon Prineville

Most Recent Prineville Camping Reviews
Nice camping on Paulina Lake

Tent camping next to beautiful Paulina Lake. RV spots also available. Short walk to Paulina visitor center with fun exhibits and ranger programs.

Campground has flush toilets, boat launch. Great location to explore all around Paulina Lake including hiking trails and activities.

Camp sites spacious but most of the campgrounds at East and Paulina Lakes are often busy and can be loud with boats, RVs and general camp traffic.

Shoreline is not a beach, but more of a boat launch. There's better swimming nearby in other areas of the lake.

Beautiful campground location on the shores of East Lake

Beautiful campground location on the shores of East Lake. Many campsites available along the shoreline with gorgeous views. Other spots are less exciting but still close to walk down to the busy and popular beach.

Flush toilets. Boat launch available. If you aren’t along the shoreline, many of the spots are not that secluded. As it is the end of the road, you're more often able to find available camp sites, though you are further from Paulina Lake lodge, the visitor center, and other park amenities.

Popular campground right on the water

East Lake Campground is very popular because many spots, tent and RV, are available right on the shoreline. The trade off is that you are also right on top of each other with little privacy.

The beach is beautiful, and the lake fun to play in. A good location to all of the rest of the Paulina Lake trails and activities. Flush toilets, fresh water. Boat launch available.

One of the more popular campgrounds, it is often full due to its popularity.

Amazing food, nice cabins, good views and location

Old school resort on the shores of beautiful Paulina Lake. Wonderful, small log cabin lodge with amazing food. Other log cabins to rent ranging from three people to large families with fire places, a couple right on the water.

Cabins have running water, bathrooms, cozy fireplaces, comfy couches. Resort has a boat launch and small general store for supplies, food, and bait.

The Lake itself is beautiful and the location puts you right next to all of the fun hikes, biking, trails and activities all around Paulina Lake area. Possibly also some spots for RVs.

Try the Apple Crumble and the“Knife Burger” (huge burger with steak knife stuck in it). You will not be disappointed.

Popular, Quaint and Cozy Cabins and RV Park

Another very popular resort, this one is on the shores of East Lake. Rustic cabins built between the 1940s and 1960s, but quaint and cozy, most with toilets and showers and close to the shoreline. Prices vary between cabins.

A boat launch is available. Nice beach to put in for kayaks, sups. Cafe at the small lodge with good food and snacks plus a general store for supplies. RV spots available across the road.

Another beautiful location to use as a base to explore throughout Paulina/East lake area. Very popular in the summer.

Awesome Views & Solitude

First off, I had a great time staying here. Before I arrived I had some ideas of what my stay would be like and while I did have a nice stay, it was not exactly the trip I had expected. I am a female in my early twenties and was tent camping solo for the first time. I grew up camping with my family so I am experienced but this was my first time camping completely alone. When I planned my trip I assumed this was a spot where other travelers and campers would stay so I was hoping that the presence of other people would provide some comfort to counter the fact that I was camping alone. When I arrived there were people in the day use area but as I drove back to where people would normally camp there was nobody in sight. As the evening came I realized there was not going to be any other campers for miles. Needless to say I made it through the night just fine with no emergencies but I was so nervous the whole time that I had a very restless sleep with my hand practically on my bear spray all night.

I woke up the next morning, went on a beautiful hike with some amazing views and continued on my road trip. Overall the location is great, I would camp here again if I were with other people or if I were staying in a converted van or camper of some sort. But being a solo, young, female tent camper in this location without any other campers around for miles was a little too scary for my taste.

Beautiful views

We have gone here twice and each time have done different activities. The last time we brought kayaks and paddled down the curvy stream to the main lake, which was very shallow! The evening air is crisp even in the summer which I enjoy after a long hot day hiking on the many trails in the area. There are a few sites here that I prefer which are the closest to the end of the campground next to the creek. We have not had any fellow campers while we were there but we go in the middle of the week due to the high traffic on the weekends. It is a little bit more open so if you want privacy bring some tapestries. I wouldn't bring a rv or anything, maybe a camper on a pick up truck.

Beauty as far as the eye can see!!!

My 12 year old son loved the hikes here, as did we parents. Wonderful scenery!!!

Tent Sites On Gravel

Very uncomfortable night, tent sites were on gravel. However, very nice staff & clean facilities.

Mountains

Every site has a Mountain View. Sites right next to dirt road so it can be pretty dusty.