Ashland, OREGON

Most Recent Ashland Camping Reviews
Tidy Park

Me and my daughter did some tent camping here in August.

We got massive space in the trees overlooking the lake, quite private.

Some of the larger spaces are quite open for tents, but everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Great family camp ground. and near the town of Shady Cove for groceries. And not far to Crater Lake.

Nice place.

Breathtaking Night Sky

Lovely little tent only( i guess you could get a camper up here).

This place was closed for the longest time and i think people forgot it was there when it re-opened.

Every time i have went its just me or one other camper.

Love it, but its bear country so be careful with your food.

The night sky up here is simply breathtaking..wonderful,

Strange and weird

I had always wanted to camp here , so this summer i got my chance.

The place was mostly empty even in July, and there were some strange characters around.

It wasnt paticularly beautiful, but OK i guess.

I dont kno why i just didnt like it here.

Lovely Lake

We were down in Southern Oregon for the Caves.

We stayed in the Heron loop which was the smallest and most primitive, It was wonderful and we had the whole south of the lake to ourselves. Firewood here is not bundled and since it was off season we got a huge amount for$5. The hosts were terrific. This was a wonderful quiet stay.

Will always be back.

This year it was pretty spendy for a tent site $24

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Just my experience

I spent one night in Sept. 2019 after a rainy day. We stayed up front near the office and street in a 38 foot motorhome. Full hookups, gravel sites and paved roads. It was quiet though not far off the freeway in a commercial neighborhood. I saw nothing wrong and have no complaints; there was grass and worn picnic tables. Overall, it was certainly adequate and humble. I would stay again without hesitation. I cannot rate it higher because it is humble— it is not as glitzy as the highly rated parks.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Really cool camp at an amazing natural bridge

Located right next to a natural bridge, where the water goes under the floor in a lava tube.

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.

Quieter, less used than Whiskey Springs

This campground is off to the right vs going to Whiskey Springs. There are trails, flat ground, fire pits, plenty of room for tent camping & RV. This is near a logging area, so you can bring your ATVs & go on the logging roads. Occasionally bear wonders through, so bring protection, otherwise worth the camping trip.

Good dry camp with toilets

Very nice location. Far from the road so no road noise. No reservations, first come first serve.

Right on the Rogue River. Excellent river side hike. Camp sites are very sized and spaced apart from neighbors.

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Hippie campground, Lithium water, pools

Lots of campers and rv ers. Pool, sauna. Crowded.

Beautiful Scenery, on the other hand..

Forestry was not friendly whatsoever. Decided to leave early. You can see Mount Shasta from this campground and it’s breathtaking, but I won’t be coming back.

Beautiful Lake/Campground

The lake is beautiful! Perfect swimming temperature. Lots of fish from Bass, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout. It's surprisingly clear too. The campground was very clean, there are 23 campsites. Each one has a USFS fire pit and a USFS water bucket for your fire. The site sizes are great for tent camping and trailer. Not much for firewood though. If you drive down the road a mile or so and just walk into the woods a little ways, you can find a bunch of decent firewood. Lots of shade and sun in most of the campsites. There are 4 pit toilets that they keep pretty clean. They also have drinkable water that comes from a spring at the top of the nearby mountain. There is a 1.5 mile hike around the lake that is completely paved. I took my wife and kids there for a few days and everybody loved it. We will definitely be back.

Great free campsite

We enjoyed staying at Mt. Ashland. It is a marked campground that is FREE. Simply follow the road past the ski area and you will find it. All of the spots with fire rings were full when we got there, but there was space to park in the turnoffs or off-road past the campground for more private camping spots. It was quiet and peaceful. We stayed one night and we would stay there again! Great view from the mountain.

Best slice of Heaven in Southern Oregon!

This unique campground has everything you need! A hidden treasure!

Clean spacious park , pool for guests

Great place to stop and dump your rv tanks. Spacious pull through a w shade. Clean and big swimming pool for over night quests. Close to Ashland. Friendly people working the front desk w lots of snacks!

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

The views almost make up for getting screamed at

I slept on the island, which was a unique experience. The camp ground was clean and very well maintained. Overall, a pleasant experience. That being said: I made my reservation over the phone on the same day. The lady was cordial and sounded nice over the phone when I let her know that I would be arriving later in the evening. However, when I arrived I was "greeted" by a man in a neon yellow shirt yelling at me from across the parking lot. He was telling me to leave and that I needed to "turn my *ss around and get off the property". This was very unsettling as a single woman traveling at night to an unknown campground. I replied to him by saying that I had a reservation. He shrugged and walked away, but continued to watch me set up camp at my designated campsite. I brought this up with the owner, and she made excuses for him (apparently he was the maintenance employee) , saying that they had been having problems with people using the campground as a park. Regardless, I suggested that they treat anyone who comes onto their property with kindness until they figure out whats going on. No paying guest should be yelled at. Ever. I will not be returning to this campground.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

This park has been taken over by homeless people. If you stay here you must guard your campsite at all times. We made the mistake of leaving in the middle of the day to get groceries and they broke the lock to our trailer and stole over$1500 worth of goods. You will notice the park is mostly empty and this is why. Homeless panhandlers will be hitting you up before your car comes to rest and then daily. You have drug addicts shooting up in the kids park and then sleeping it off. I feel sorry for the actual locals who come to the park and have to endure this. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Great spot for the family!

My entire family has stayed here twice for family reunions and it has been a great spot for the entire family! They have cabins (tiny houses) for rent as well as spots for RVs! The lake is absolutely stunning and a great size for boating and fishing. The tiny cabins do have some critters living in them but as long as you don’t leave food on the counters you should be okay!

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Go ahead and pass on this one..

The good: it’s close to the river and the town of Rogue River. Oh and it’s cheap! The bad: it’s dirty(not well maintained grounds wise), mostly packed with RVs, and it’s small.

It’s a koa

Close together almost in the middle of town with building all around! Just my opinion only for emergency!

Awesome place!

This is a great place to stay that has all you could need! Cell reception, WiFi, pool, hot tub, Ashland is like 5 minutes away, restrooms, even a sauna! Clothing is optional in the pool area let at night so be aware if you’re not into that or have kids. tent sites aren’t separated meaning you pitch your tent in an area where everyone else does. Other than that, I Highly recommend!