Ashland, OREGON
Most Recent Ashland Camping Reviews
Lake levels

Has always been one of my favorite mountain lakes, but If your looking for recreational fun, pass. Howard Prairie is ran by Jackson county parks and rec but managed by the feds. They drain the lake for irrigation of lower fields and lakes. This causes muddy shores and sad views. No complaints with the campsites - they are spacious and depending on the time can be semi private.

Great Stay

Great camping area, multiple clean restrooms located close to the camp sites. Free firewood and great river access.

Perfect spot to camp!

Multiple bathrooms, clean spaces with plenty of space, a shower, beautiful lake, and cell phone service! Went over the weekend and they have free live music at the lodge! Family and pet friendly really doesn’t get any better than this for $25 a night.

Nice RV Park

One of the best places we've stayed! Beautiful campground with nice sized sites, some sites are not quite level. The wifi was pretty good, definitely better than most of the campgrounds we've been in. The park was located close to Crater Lake and dozens of gorgeous hikes with waterfalls! The bathrooms are probably the only area of opportunity but they were functional and clean. The price is very reasonable and based on your length of stay, so the longer you stay the cheaper it is!

Great location!

Clean, easy access, river close by, and have everything you need. Right off I-5 and close to town of Rogue River if you need food or supplies.

Amazing !!!!

Prettiest park we have seen so far. Great spots, lots of hiking trails. Biking trails, fishing, boating and water falls. Only thing I would warn people about are the yellow jackets in the ground. Our dogs got into some and they went everywhere. Clean showers, great rangers and host. I just cannot say enough.

Standard issue RV Park

Located at the top of Grants Pass close to freeway entrance/exit, this is your standard RV Park. Nothing special but is within walking distance of food/drinks which is nice.

Relaxing along the river

If you want to camp along the river in Grants Pass, then this is the spot. It’s clean, family friendly, has bathrooms, and boat/river access. Best spot in the city of Grants Pass for overnight camping. This place tends to have a lot of traffic from locals during the day.

If you like pot I guess it would be ok

What can I say. No privacy but it’s a R.V park. The waterline provided had rust coming through it and stained my R.V. shower to the point I couldn’t get it all off. They said it was a new issue and they were replacing the tank. The public shower said otherwise as it had years of rust build up. It looked to me like someone was killed in there. There was a lot of pot smoking going on and people coming and going at all hours of the night. Pot may be legal but sales in public at the grounds was not to my liking. The lake had one 25’ beach but it was littered with with fishing line so we went in with our shoes on. Staff were nice until I asked for a partial refund since the water was so corroded I did not want anymore of that going through my pipes. Anyway, if it came to staying here again or just sleeping in a turnout I would sleep in a turnout.

Camp 28

Beautiful view of the lake and not overcrowded! We were in camp 28, a walk-in site. Plenty of hiking trails in walking distance, the lake was warm enough to swim in. Lots of chipmunks, please don’t leave food out. Very friendly camp host. Also saw a few pelicans. The worst part was the mosquitos that attacked us! Apparently they’re only there for 3-4 weeks and we were right in the middle of it.

Friendly, Clean & Quiet

Great place to stay! Staff is very friendly! Popcorn served every afternoon. Convenient location, right off I-5!

Super nice owners .

Beautiful park right on the river with green grass.

Awesome spot!

Great for group camping. Lake is great for water sports, trails all around the lake. There was a beer festival and live music on the weekend we camped at the pavilion.

West coast Oregon trip 2019

We stayed at this KOA in one of their nice cabins was a very nice place with waterfall swimming hole in the back of our cabin really nice folks

Great spacious campground

Camping spot are pretty spread out which was really nice!

Absolutely massive canopy

Other than the OHV noise from some day users, this was a great campsite on our way down from Crater Lake. The site host was MIA, but we were setup for dispersed and it was early in the usable season for the area. Great for families, mountain biking, and fishing off the Rogue River.

decent

nothing remarkable, but it was nice and convenient. right off the freeway for easy access. no complaints.

cant wait

i really want to camp here this summer. the campground is directly on the pacific crest trail. we wanted to stay last summer but the campground was closed due to storm damage. we explored for a while, but had to move on. hopefully it is open this year!

family fun

we love coming to lake selmac to use the yurts for winter camping. theyre heated and cozy. weve probably camped here a half dozen times or so over the past couple years, including standard tent sites. the kids enjoy the fishing and i love the view across the lake. we will probably be back again later in the year when the weather turns back to cold and rainy.

Really nice for a private group experience.

My family camped here and had a great time. We took 16 people, and only took up a small section of the place. There are lots of small holes(could be snake, gofer…who knows didn't see anything). There are a couple nice trails surrounding the place and a nice watering hole across the street. There were a lot of mosquito's and the standing cooking fire pits(2) are small. The ground cooking one is surrounded by grass, so come prepared. There is a good pit for a campfire though. We love this place, kids loved it because of the huge field and the parking lot (locked gate aloud them unlimited fun). Dogs loved having free reign. I recommend this place for any family gathering or just if you want some privacy.

Nice Scenery

Its a nice little campground. I think its a little expensive for tent camping at $15 a night. Also the out houses are kinda weird. They aren’t normal USFS pit toilets, they are out houses.

Beautiful campground

Small, quiet campground a little off the beaten track, so it’s rarely full. The campsites are spaced far apart, and there’s a nice creek that runs alongside the campground. Good access to all sorts of outdoor activities!

Beautifully landscapes bbq pits ,playground

Bbq pits , play ground, boat ramp, camping. Great family place

Recommend Highly 👍🏼

Great place to camp. Nice shower facilities and a friendly staff at their store. Stayed there last July and going back up this August.

Mediocre

Most of the people staying here are long term, when we stayed there was some drama between residents and it seems some shady people tend to frequent the area. Perks are laundry, showers and bathrooms on site. Not a great place if you’re looking to get out Into nature but Grants Pass has some fun seasonal events such as boatnik with fireworks, boat racing and carnival rides/food. Pretty river town but I’ve stayed at nicer places for the same price.

Local highlights include: All sports park, boatnik, car cruises, wildlife images.

Beautiful area and reasonably priced

The hot springs are a fun and relaxing place and the prices for campground are very reasonable. I liked how the campgrounds weren’t in the middle of town and the surrounding area is quite pretty. Downside is a lot of transients frequent the area which takes from the natural beauty. Some beautiful hiking trails nearby in Talent and outside of Ashland.

Lake is decent

Lake is decent when it’s not dried up, fishing is fun for recreation but not the best place to catch great fish. Campgrounds are decent with restrooms on site and hookups, nearby is a water park with slides which is fun for the kids but is only open during the warmer months.

Passing through

Stayed here off season in the fall passing through the area. Beautiful but gets pretty chilly at night. Only stayed here for sleeping but campground was pretty empty. Nice free camping.

Great park!

Wonderful dog friendly park. Campground is very clean and sites are well set up. The only downside is the limited shower hours. My husband and I are early risers and the showers don’t open until 8. Really a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

I’m a little bias

Growing up in Medford my father always took me to this park and I’ve loved it my entire life so my 5 star rating may reflect that.. although at this park you can find tons of hiking trails, wide open spaces, very friendly staff, bathrooms, showers, electric/water hook ups as well as playgrounds for kids and not even a mile down the road you have the marina where you can grab some supply’s. I’d say all those things on top of the stunning natural beauty add up to 5 stars even without the nostalgia 😁 p.s I still miss the huge stone water fountain and mini pond they used to have.