The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Mannford , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Mannford Camping Reviews
Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Small and quite

It is a nice little campground that has R.V. camping and tent camping. We like camping here because the campsite is next to the shore. There are some nice camping spots under shade trees. When you want to cool off you can just walk from your campsite to the water and get in and cool off. However don't wear white when you go swimming because after you go swimming white cloths turn orange. It does have a swim beach but we like to swim privately at camp. The fishing is pretty good. There is a playground and restrooms with showers. They only have about 25 campsites that are 1st come 1st serve. Getting a campsite near holidays like the 4th of July is almost impossible unless you go days early to get a spot. The campsites have picnic tables, grills and a fire ring. They also have trails for riding horses. Camping with electric is $18.00 Senior citizens (55 and up) and disabled citizens is $15.00 Primitive camping is$8.00

Not for camping

This is a great place for Rv’s but it’s not for camping. People stay here when there are events in town at the expo center such as huge horse shows. Flgun shows, the fair etc.

In town Rv lot

I wouldn’t say this is camping. The people that usually stay here are in town for events at the Expo or driving thru. There is a lot to do nearby. TWithin walking distance there’s the expo center (you can go in and pet horses) and a Rec center with a pool. You can go to Will Rogers Museum, JM Davis fun museum, RSU has a nice little hiking trail as does the Lake.

Gorgeous place

I grew up in Oologah and frequented the birthplace often. There’s lots of animals to pet and lots of history to learn. You can tour the birthplace for free, there’s an old barn to explore, you can go hiking, there’s horse trails as well. It’s very close to Oologah lake so you could go swimming for the day, rent seados or a boat etc. You can rent a spot for $25 to RV camp with a maximum of 3 days. You have to apply for it as well. No smoking is allowed and you can only drink past 5 pm (wine and beer only) if that’s your thing. It is such a beautiful place, rich in history and I highly recommend visiting at least once!

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.

Well kept, quirky, prairie lake

The lake is owned and operated by Oklahoma State University. The grounds were well mowed, some of the structures are dated but well cared for. Super-friendly and helpful people at the permit office. The store was closed when we arrived.

The quirky bit is the number of camping spaces that are by annual permit. That means a lot of of the shore line is taken up by permanent campers, weekend campers that leave their rigs, student living and even residents (in campers). The lake being close to Stillwater, it looks like a number of students and such commute from the lake.

None of this was problematic for us, but the level of care each annual permit holder takes on their lot range from pristine to near dilapidated.

We stayed in Beaver Cove and found it to be clean, well-maintained, friendly and quiet. No real privacy buffer between sites, but the spacing was comfortable.

The park ranger made several passes through, even though the campground was only about 1/4 occupied.

Lots of birds, including a resident blue heron the locals named Charlie. Wonderful views of the cove. We stayed in lot 31 and a few large elm trees gave our campsite evening shade.

Nice fire rings and sturdy picnic tables.

All in all, a good stay.

Perfect little place

My family and I desperately wanted to go last minute camping. My husband and I being from Wellston, we had been to bell cow but we had never camped there. With 5 adults and 1 infant we camped at area A. My husband did not catch anything when fishing, but he had fun. The lake is filled with red clay. My mom and I harvested some and made little figures and baked them in the sun. We had so much fun. I do have one complaint, our campsite had trash there when we got there. No big deal we cleaned it, but because of the food on the ground from the previous campers, our camp site was filled with flys. I will always have flys while camping but I had never seen something like this. For anyone planning to camp, make sure u bring slip on shoes. U can go barefoot, we did. But the sand which is great at first… left our feet raw.