Cole, OKLAHOMA
Most Recent Cole Camping Reviews
Great for Daycation

I haven’t stayed here overnight, but I’ve been here plenty during the day. I’ve come here for the beach, hammocks good and even photoshoots! It’s gorgeous when it’s lush and green. Definitely be aware of flash flooding- then again… it is Oklahoma…

It’s an awesome spot not too far outside of town!

Tent accessible.... but is it??

This location is a quaint privately owned location easy to access and close to the community of Rush Springs.

Although they do have shady areas ideal for tents and we did see some tent campers there is no real facilities for a tent camper to use. I would not be able to personally stay here in a tent without being friendly with someone in an RV because there is also no privacy for outdoor restroom.

Sites are available on a nightly, weekly or monthly stay at a reasonable rate. There is a common trash area and RV connections are present.

Sites are a bit close together for my personal liking.

Arcadia

We have taken our family to Arcadia many times to camp. While it’s close to the city, it feels far away. Lake activities and hiking are available.

Good for stop off stay

This KOA is directly off I-40 exit 108. It is a decent quick over night if you are passing through. If possible I recommend the spots in back. The full hook up spots up front are literally a parking lot. The spots are so close you are almost touching the RVs beside you. All facilities are clean. Staff is friendly. The pool is nice and there is a small lake for fishing. There is a tourist trap in front call The Cherokee Trading Post. There is all a Cherokee Restaurant. Good food. And there is also a nice convenience store.

This was a very nice place although a little difficult to find. It was $15 for our 32 foot motorhome. We put our money in an envelope and left it at a picnic table and then we were able to choose our spot. Even though there were a few others around it was a quiet place looking out on a very pretty lake. We ended up having to leave a little earlier in the morning than planned because of a thunderstorm but we did get to see all the geese come in off the lake to get out of the water before the storm started. I would highly recommend it for one night stay or a nice weekend getaway.

Big ole brown lake

This is a large paved parking lot overlooking a large lake. It is somewhat of a popular spot (three other people the night i stayed) and some activity throughout the night. There are two pit toilets you can use at your own risk.

Would stay again!!!

This is my first time at this park. It is fantastic. It is peaceful and quiet. Nature at your backdoor. Love it here!

Great campground, not enough bathrooms/showers

Great spots and location. Only about 10 shower/bathroom combos for an entire campground. Long waits and not cleaned.

Close to OKC

Pretty decent campground. You can swim in the lake of course. It’s also close to civilization which makes it a good first camping trip if you’re new to it.

Great urban hiking

The city of Edmond has gone out of their way to make a great place for the family to hike or ride your bike. Not far from the town, but it feel and smells like the forest. Birds are in abundance.

Clean RV park

We stayed here in March 2019. Pool was closed. Miniature Golf was cool but looked liked it needed to have a spring cleaning. Roads were nice and paved. Would defiantly stay here again.

Very Nice Park

This park has a little bit of everything. Nice sights roads and RV site are paved. Nice pool, mini golf course, store, laundry, bar and grill, and close to a lot of entertainment.

Really small but nice and convenient

It'll due if you are working on base or just visiting. Not a lot to do. Store is right next door. Hardly ever a spot open. Good luck.

Really small but nice and convenient

It's pretty nice for a state park in OK

If you have a 30 amp rv/camper you can get a spot at one of the 3 decent Thunderbird parks most of the time same day no reservation. If you have a 50 amp better go parkit on Thursday so you have a weekend spot. On the lake and that's what we want. Lots of yahoos in the summer it's a party spot.

This is the nicer campground of all thunderbird

I liked this one the best if all the Dirtybird campgrounds. best position on the lake. Less of a party crowd over here.

Just OK

Nice people and clean space but not much on the “park”. Pretty much just a field with tight spaces. Looks like most folks are full timers.

Very nice

Very nice camping spot. Easy to find, clean, spacious sites, lots of trees. We loved it.

Great, clean campground. Friendly staff.

We stayed over Labor Day weekend and the park was mostly full. It’s right off a major interstate and easy to get to. Even with being off a main road and lots of other campers the park was nice and quiet. We stayed in a pull thru spot so easy to get in an out of. Nice and level. We had a picnic table and grill. Lots of shade trees and paved roads made it nice to take walks. The bathrooms were nice and clean, individual rooms with toilet, sink and shower in each. Had a nice playground and great swimming pool. They have a small store on site for souvenirs, camping items and also food items. There are storm shelters on site.

The spots were a little close together but not too bad.

Clean and friendly

Well maintained sites resonable rates. Easy access Helpful staff

Beautiful sites on the lake

Flat sites with beautiful views. Hook up’s too!

Be Cautious Of Lake Waters Rising!!

I love a good lake side camping site, nothing better than being able to set up with a great view and the sound of the wakes rolling in with the breeze when in my tent. But what happens when your perfect setting becomes your worst nightmare?

On a recent trip to Oklahoma I got a good glimpse of just what that would be like as a slightly unexpected rain flooded this campground miserably. Driving through the RV loop waters were right up to some of the pull throughs, tables in some areas were underwater and this was the better of the camps. The tent sites were nearly all effected by the flooding because of their location and even the road was cut off and closed.

Now is this typical of the camp? No. But however this is a scary reality you must consider when choosing your site at this or any lake. I have many times experienced overnight rains unexpectedly, however usually choose a site slightly elevated from the waters, however at this camp many of the sites are level to the water and more susceptible to rising waters.

As a location as a whole, it was nice and facilities were very well maintained, but because of the issues with flooding I would not want to imagine the stress low laying campsites could hold.

Prices are reasonable, the staff was friendly and the lake was large (larger of course because of rains…lol) but all in all this has a lot of features which make for a great location.

TIPS:

• If reserving online, look carefully at the map for your site, choose something a little further back from the water, you will still have a great view but will avoid possible fear of unexpected rainfall.
  • Check out the sites just up from the camp on Route 66 including POPs (a multimillion dollar retro style cafe and gas station boasting over 700 different types of soda) and the Round Barn, a staple of the original Route 66.
Nice in the fall but summers can be hot. The lake is nice but only when the

The crystalline baryte red rose rocks are easy to find

Easy access into park from freeway

Gravel stalls. Plenty long enough for rv and car trailer. Walking distance to Trading Post. Buffaloes on site in a pen. Interesting jumping structure and tons of park equipment to work out on.

Beautiful views of the lake from almost every site

There is a designated swimming area in the campgrounds.  Beautiful, wooded park with large lake that has a section for watersports and fishing.  I wish we had stayed here for more than one night. Definitely a place to return for a visit.  It is a little remote, but there was cell phone reception. Perfect for biking/scooters/walking/swimming.

I will try to stay on the outer rim the next time we go, so that we can enjoy meals by the water.

Everything you need

Arcadia is close to city life and offers everything you could want in a campground. Plenty of spots for both rvs and primitive campers. Showers are available in certain areas. Handicap accessible. Offers two disc golf courses, horseback riding, hiking trails, beaches, boating, fishing, skiing, swimming, sand volleyball.

Great Access

The fees are a little high, but the campgrounds are easy to access and have excellent access to the lake.

There is firewood available at the campsite both on the ground and for sale.

Several hiking trails available.

Incredible and Friendly!

A friend and I host a vintage trailer rally here every April. The owners and staff have been incredible to work with! They are very accommodating. Even during an extended power outage during inclement weather, they made sure we had a heat source. Their bath house is second to none. Members of our group rave about how clean and well kept the entire campground is. Close to OKC for those visiting and planning on attending events or activities.

Great campground close to town

Some sites are nice and spacious and others are crowded. Check the map before making online reservations. Easy access to the lake for swimming, kayaking, etc. Playground, day use pavilions and swim area on site. Bathrooms near the day use area require quarters to use. Bathrooms away from the day use area don’t require payment, but aren’t as nice. They are passable though. This campground stays full. I highly suggest making online reservations well in advance if you want to camp there.

so much potential

this place is extremely beautiful, the lake is amazing and it’s not overcrowded. that being said I am not from the area but I hear it’s been coming around and made better. but there was still a bunch of trash in lake and shore. I kayaked to the far said and found abandoned campsites littered with beer cans and trash. the bathrooms were disgusting, over filled toilets with waste and need a good update. the shower more on the inside was not that bad, but still needed a good cleaning.