Afton, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Afton Camping Reviews
Overnight stay

We came in early one morning and the park ranger came by helped us out. Easy to pull camper around park and back in lots were nice

AWESOME

VERY clean, Easy access, fair price for the propane they sell, VERY nice managers and very helpful!

Lots of hiking, don’t go on Friday!

The falls are a super easy hike. The only problem with this campground is the race track across the street is extremely loud and will keep you up.

Great for small family

We chose the rv site 16 from their website before ever seeing what the campground looked like in person. It is the site toward the back of the rv park overlooking the bluffs.

Our site had plenty of tree cover that kept us from seeing the bluffs; but it also provided for a cool experience looking out of the back windows of our camper, especially at night.

The sites are a bit too close to one another. But our neighbors in site 15 were super cool. We came with only one bundle of firewood and they quickly provided us with more than enough to have a great time, and more than enough for the next morning.

The reason it gets 4 stars is because the sites are too close to one another. What was especially strange is that the fire ring that belongs to site 15 was actually directly behind our pad on site 16. Our fire ring was located between our site and the other neighbor's site (17) next to us. Very strange.

The campsite otherwise was wonderful. Our kids loved the two playgrounds. The weather was great. So we took a quick stroll through the woods and to the small waterfall nearby. Would definitely go again, maybe even to book two or three sites next to one another, being so close. That would be fun for a larger group.

Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

A plesent RV camp but not tents allowed

Noesho's Hickory Creek RV park is a nice park with mowed grass everywhere, gravel roads and grass sites.  The site are only $12 per night.  But be warned….No tent camping is allowed and you need to go to city hall to pay your camping fee as the campground does not have a place to self register, so if you plan on staying here you will need to get to city hall before they close for the day, and they are only open from Monday - Friday.  Site use to allow tents, but does not now, most likely due to the fact that their are no restroom facilities at this campground.  All the sites come with water and electric hook ups, and their is a RV dump.  Train tracks adjoining the park and these are busy tracks with trains running day and night.  Two sides of the park have a street and a highway alongside, but traffic is slow so it seems to be fairly quiet.  The campground is part of a much larger city park.  Part of the frisbee golf course runs around the camping area, and across the road is a nice bike path.  Hickory creek runs along the edge of the park and has good fishing.  Sites do not have picnic tables but their are a few in the park witch you can use.  No campfires.

Arkansas Diamond

This camp ground is close to a mecca of both biking and mountain biking trails. Nice bath area, only if it is hot outside it is hot in there. Back in sights for RV and rent areas.

No longer a camping area - come to fish

While this little park in Lanagan use to allow camping (picture of a tent & RV are still on the sign) this is no longer the case.  The site is now a day use area only.  The camping area is overgrown and in disrepair.  The frequent flooding of Indian Creek most likely didn't help things.  The park is now mainly just a fishing access site for Indian Creek.  Noticed a group of kids heading to the park with fishing poles in hand, so the fishing must be decent.  The Park has a small shelter, but is with out picnic tables.  Site has a vault toilet, but it was locked during my visit.  A small playground is available.

Great for kids I guess

It is a pretty park and well maintained but it's not my favorite.  I stayed here when I was looking at multiple properties around the area over a beautiful week.  Personally I found the tent sites much too close together, undefined, and with no privacy at all.  I can see how families with children would enjoy this park.  There are things to do and see, but not a weekends worth.  Other campers kids seemed to love running around and making new friends with neighboring tents.  So much so that they would come to my tent asking where my kids are (I don't have any).  Thankfully I brought my own camp table because the neighbor to the right insisted that the stationary table at my site was his.  I'm not trying to be a grump.  This may be the most fun place for some people.  If you are looking for a quiet place to set camp and look at the stars in peace, this is not the place.

Stopped by for a night on our way through

We really enjoyed our stay. The lake was up about 10 ft according to the camp host and had been flooded most of the summer. Both boat ramps were under water and several of the sites were still flooded too. The campground has a shower house on one end and vault toilets on the other. All sites are water and electric only. Most sites were older asphalt pads, but there were several newer sites, all concrete, and huge.

Nice for a quick stopover

Nice and clean. Full hookups. Lacking some amenities but it’s definitely a nice stay when passing through.

Best campground on the Elk

We love camping at Two Sons. The owners are great people and run a really nice place. The sites are all grass pads and fairly large, with several right on the water. Electric/water only, so the one drawback is no sewer connections. You’ll have to use the onsite dump station. Very large gravel bar for relaxing on, several nice floats that end right at the campground.

Love this park

It’s small but it is super pretty. Great park for a wonderful last minute trip from Tulsa

Can’t wait to go back!

This is our go-to when we go to the area!! Blowing Springs is fantastic! Tent sites do not have electric but it’s so worth it! Such easy access to the Back 40 and Slaughter Pen mountain bike trails! We get on our bikes and ride all day and then come back and enjoy the peaceful campground! Totally recommend!

Love the Falls

wonderful and helpful staff, clean bath houses, best location, and a roaring waterfall right in the campground. best place to camp by far in southern Missouri. highly recommend.

Better for teen/college aged partiers

Website said site we reserved was shady and grassy. Shade was ok but barely tufts of grass. Mostly sharp rocks/gravel/dirt which ended up tearing a hole in the bottom of our tarp footprint and tent. Worker there said those sites hadn’t been grassy for years and their website lied. :(

We stayed on the island (NOT the party side) which was very far from bathrooms. Ended up driving to them when we really had to go. Bathrooms themselves would be not bad if it wasn’t for drunken idiots leaving them a mess every night. We had one good neighbor. The others were busy blasting their music for all to hear and smoking weed for all to smell.

Not really a swimming beach area. Rocks are rather large and definitely not pea gravel or easy to walk on without twisting an ankle.

Store was nice. Overpriced but that’s to be expected. Seemed to be lots of security but guessing it’s cause of the partiers. Often the police/sheriff would patrol which was weird to see multiple times a day.

Not the best place to camp if rain/storms possible.

Definitely won’t be coming again or recommend for those seeking nature or with children.

Quiet fishing river with campground

Quite, picnic area, handicap accessible, boat ramp, playground, shaded, can fish both sides by standing on the bank, grassy areas, plenty of parking.

Clean but no privacy

Nice place but there’s no privacy. Has a nice disc golf course!

Bikers paradise

This is your basic parking lot campground. Your site is all cement with full hook ups and a picnic table. No green areas to call your own, BUT you have incredible instant access to the trailhead of many singletrack bike and hiking trails. Modern bathrooms and area is very clean and supportive staff. You camp here for the access and not the amenities.

Decent but a little run down

Not a bad place to go camp and float. Bathrooms are a little run down and small, the sand volleyball court was ruined by the recent flooding and still has yet to be repaired. The tent camping was decently set up and good sized. Fit 2 8 person and 1 4 person tent on one site, with tons of room to spare. There is a wash station to wash any dishes you use in the little store at the front. Overall a good option for floating and camping.

Great location with good facilities

Perfect for the mountain bikers and hikers. Great location to access Bentonville.

A good waypoint stay in Southeast Kansas

Kamp Siesta is an establish campground in shade trees located adjacent to the fairgrounds and city park. The park is very nice and suitable for walking or biking and is on a bluff that overlooks the  Neosho River. The park includes a swimming pool, tennis courts, pavilions, and playgrounds. Amenities such as gas stations, hardware store, restaurants and groceries are all with a mile or two of the campground and well separated from them by quite neighborhoods.  While there is not a lot to do in Oswego itself, it is close to strip pits east of town  left over from coal mining that are good for fishing and there is a nice 9 hole golf course just west of town. There is also fishing down on the river. This river is known for it's large catfish.   The park is easy to access from the highway and plenty of room to maneuver larger rigs. I grew up in this area and know it well. The campground is quiet and well patrolled and at $10 a night it a cheap but relaxing place to stop and unwind.

I believe it is open year round.

Very Nice Campground by the Neosho River

We have stayed here 3 times now as it is close to family. This is a very nice well maintained city park with campsites. It sits along the Neosho River but us elevated enough that it doesn’t flood. The electrical is recently updated with 50 and 30 amp service and last year the city installed a new bath house. There is a playground, pavilion and a ball field all within the park and the sites are generously spaced apart. Free WiFi is also provided. It’s a great deal at $15 a night.

BED BUGS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We arrived at 3 O'clock(an hour before check in) at Carsons cabin and they told us they were working on the showers. We waited until 5:30 to finally get the keys just to find that the showers were ice cold and NO ONE had even showered yet around 8pm! Then Saturday for our float the clerks were lost and kept trying to over charge everyone that paid in our group, even when I already paid my float deposit of$100 and was to go towards my own 4(2 adults 2 kids), she kept saying I owed. Then Saturday night we kept feeling things crawl on us, just to wake up to bites all over my 8 year olds body and a squished bed bug on my pillow that was full of blood and had just fed before getting squished! The supervisor apologized over and over but the owner still has yet to call me and fix this! I had to take my son to Urgent care because he had a severe allergic reaction to the bites and now I'm out even more money due to their bed bug problem! On top of that, we had to throw everything away so that we didnt bring any of them home! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY! Vacations are suppose to be relaxing and this was not even close!

Love it!!!

We absolutely love going here!

Not so great anymore

Use to tent camp there 10 years ago or so. Went back to camp and pretty much caters to RVs now. Pretty much campers and fisherman now. Be careful does not say anywhere about reservations. We had been set up and kicking back for over 3 hours before the RUDEST ranger came and told us our site was reserved she just hadnt put up sign yet. Plenty of nicer places in the area, oh well used to enjoy it.

Love the drive-over waterfall

I went here as a teenager and fell in love. I will be back!

Have had alot of good times at big hill lake

Camping, fishing, swimming, hiking. Great place for all of this

Good for RVs not tent campers

I stayed at twin bridges this past weekend with my wife and our two dogs. Despite nice weather it was less than half full. There aee three distinct areas to camp. One on the east side of HW 137, one on the west side of HW 137, and one south of HW 60. The area south of HW 60 is camper pads and very busy as it is right at the boat ramp. This area also charges a premium rate for its location ($27 with water and electric hook ups). The west side of HW 137 has lake huts ($50-$60ish per night) as well as tent and RV sites. The east side of HW 137 has tent and RV sites as well as the visitor center. Tent sites are $14, with electric $18, and electric and water for $22. You can reserve RV sites online but not tent sites. This area is mostly for RVs. The tent sides are all on a hill side so you cant find flat sites to tent camp and tent camping is poorly marked. We did find an "unimproved camping area" presumably for tent camping but everyone with an RV at the nearby RV sites used it as boat trailer parking. There are bathhouse on each side of HW 137 and we found them to be pretty good for a campground. There is a RV dump station behind the visitor center ($5 to dump, free to camping guests, payable at visitor center or envelope station). If you get in late there are signs instructing you to pay at visitor center the next morning. However these must be old signs as there is an envelope station in front of the visitor center door to register and pay (didnt seem like the visitor center is open much). Noticed a lot of trash around camping area into the wooded area around it. Not a lot to do in the park but plenty of fish and boating areas nearby. Also there are camp grills at each RV/camp spot but no fire pits, although we did notice people have just built camp fires as they see fit (not sure of park policy on this). Overall its a decent enough campground if you are going to be spending all your time on the lake but wouldnt recommend for tent camping or longer RV stays if you are looking for hiking trails and more secluded relaxation.