Camping in Fairfield Acres

327 Reviews of 53 Fairfield Acres, Ohio Campgrounds

Nicole D.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Location!

We visited during the off season, November. It was fairly empty, which was nice. The biggest, and really only complaint, is that the sites were pretty un-level for being paved. The bathhouse was very nice... and I think the floors may have been heated?

We stayed at a full hookup site,…

Month of VisitDecember
Andrew S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Riverside and roadside

The St. Albans roadside park is for pull behind campers only. No tents allowed. About 6-7 sites for campers. You are literally about 20 yards from the main road, which is the only negative thing with road noise. On the other side is the kanawha river. Each site has a fire pit and…

Lupita H.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Happy camper

The campground was very rustic. Everything you want to see is nearby. I was their 2020 in August. The water was not drinkable. They have a gem 💎 but need to upgrade.

Site25 out in the open.
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

We love beech fork!

Moxley is our favorite place to camp at beech fork. If you have kids it’s a great place for them also! Very clean bath houses and great people.

Darrel and Mary W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Nice park, neglected on maintenance

We had read about the quietness of Forked Run and it was we had a loop all to ourselves and only about 15 campers in the whole campground,

It was very clean and the areas coming into the campground beautifully maintained, but once we got to our campsite it was covered in trash, cigarette butts,…

Chelsea J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Hidden Gem

We love Lake Hope. Many trails to hike. The lake is beautiful and there is a very nice lodge for meals. They offer paddle board, kayak and other rentals which was a blast.

• peace tree ✌
  • campsite
  • lake
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

nope

I was going to be in the area for 5 days. I went to the office, asked for 4 nights, I have a 2021 travel trailer. He said "overnight only". Its next to a busy highway.

MiKayla M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Well Maintained Sites

Paved, well maintained sites but a bit close together. Don’t expect privacy if it’s booked. Reservations close 4 days prior, after that it’s first come, first serve. However, surprisingly very quiet during my visit. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring with grill, and water & electric…

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Peaceful

First the good... Park was clean, employees are very helpful. You can get a spot right next to the lake. Now the bad... Not much at the camp store. Verizon service is non-existent. The WiFi only works when you get within a few feet of the office.

Andrew S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Right on O'brien Lake.

It's a nice little campground on a hill. Right beside the area for camping is the parking lot where you can put in boats into O'brien Lake. There seems to be an abundance of deer in the area. sites have water and electric.

Site#2
Carlos F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Very nice campground

We’ve stayed twice at this campground and have had a great time both times. It’s located very close to Hocking Hills State Park. Some of the tent sites are on an incline, but the RV site we had (site 24) was very spacious. There’s a a nice pool and nature trails. There’s even a trail to Ash cave…

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Stayed here again

Stayed here until this morning, tried to get a weekend , but no cancellations. Used Passport America for a discount

It's okay

First, the good... Nice spacing between the spots. Just if the highway but no road noise. The employees were helpful. My grandkids lived the mini golf.

The bad...no shade trees. That's the only thing keeping me from giving 5 stars.

• My grandkids
Month of VisitOctober

Very peaceful

I drove to the campgrounds but didn't stay. It was too muddy, it's a dirt road. I was nervous about getting stuck, and that was without my trailer attached. It's also too expensive for what's there. You can fish but nothing else to do there.

It's very scenic

The good... peaceful, nice lake with some spots next to the lake.

The bad... not much of a camp store, the wifi is horrible, no Verizon service.