The best TENT SITES camping near
Brookville , OHIO

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Brookville Camping Reviews
Great stop on our way back to Michigan

We stayed here while traveling back home from the Smoky Mountains. It is a beautiful site but unfortunately we were not able to enjoy it. Great open sites, lots of walking and hiking available, full hook ups. We will definitely be back to enjoy another time.

Off Season and No Water

We love camping in the off season but with that comes closures. Some sections of the campgrounds might not be open, no camp hosts and limited bathrooms and showers houses. This is to be expected, but when I called the morning of our trip to make sure potable water was available and I was told yes it was only to drive 2 hours and realized they were wrong. No water 🙁. This would not have been a peas we have dry camped before but all the bathrooms were closed as well.

After called the park ranger he did let us get some water at the maintenance building so we were at least able to finish the weekend. Lesson learned always pull with at least some water.

Now back to the campground itself was nice and clean. Site are a little close together. The biggest down side is you are there to enjoy the lake but the lake had algae warnings everywhere not to go near the water.

They do have a dog park, pool and splash pad when in season and a marina. Also they have WiFi and good cell coverage.

Beautiful, clean peaceful

Beautiful, clean, peaceful, well maintained

Meh

The owner was nice when we were there. Not much to do, playground was closed due to COVID, he also said the beach was closed. But most of the campers live there. Its mostly run down campers. Years ago it was a lot of fun, they used to have four wheeler trails and fireworks on the holidays. Maybe it’s just a rough year considering we’re in a pandemic. It’s close to home so we may go back, it makes it easy to care for the farm when you’re only a short drive down the road.

Great mountain bike trails for all levels, near town of Yellow Springs

The campsite is next to the 12 mile set of mountain bike trails.  It is a great mountain biking/camping getaway.  The trails are easy, so for all levels.  Nice camping for families.  There is also a very nice children's playground near the campsite.

Close to the town of Yellow Springs, Ohio.

The sites are close together and not much privacy, but convenient.

Facilities are fine and there are nice outdoor fireplaces.

The mountain bike trails are all-purpose so you can enjoy hiking them also.  They are very well-maintained.

Weekend getaway

We have camped here a few times. Nice little weekend getaway, not sure we would choose for long lengths of time.

“Beach” and swimming area with water inflatables, and area to fish if you enjoy fishing. Several activities for kids. Campground is well kept and managed for the most part.

Nice small campground

Went for one night. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the activities in the park.

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but even then, they were very spread out and had lots of great space to actually enjoy nature.

In terms of trails, there was a starting access point at the horse campground for horseback riding trails that also led to the horse barn, but if you are wanting to hike, you have to drive, unfortunately. Another flaw is that the bathrooms in the horse campground aren't modern and they're pit toilets. Even with the cooler weather, they still wreaked and were not pleasant to use.

Nice park, great location.

Great location close to Dayton and Wright-Patterson AFB, we stayed for 5 nights. The grounds are well kept and the owner is friendly, there is a fishing pond on the property and an active shooting range. (No issue with noise at all) The spots are VERY un-level, took several blocks and boards to get my TT leveled for the stay and there wasn't much room in my site, but other than that it was a nice stay. I did have trouble when trying to empty my black tank at the end of the stay, I couldn't get anything to go down the full hook up spot I was in amd had to dump later.

Overall, good experience, I would stay again. Prices are fabulous, but cash or check only.

Very Nice Campground

Very nice and clean Campground. The lot we stayed in was a good size and was right on the spring. The staff was very friendly and helpful!