Albany, OHIO

Most Recent Albany Camping Reviews
Rv spots reserved and Camp tents

The coordinator / grounds guy of the park also works with the police dept. We called and spoke to him about reservations for a week for a tent spot and he was very friendly and helped us with any questions and concerns! Would recommend this spot to anyone! Fishing, camping , hiking. Beautiful Point Pleasant WV

State Forest Camping

Beautiful, secluded group camping. Shelter and pit bathrooms. Wide open space for lots of campers. Nice access to trails.

Beautiful weekend

Site 45 This is our 3rd visit this year but at a different site. The camper pad was very level and the site was huge. It had a great view of the lake. I’m not so sure you’d be able to see it once the leaves are back this spring. The campfire ring was beat up and missing the grill. We were camping with fiends so we were able to use theirs. Normally the vault toilets are really clean but it looked like they hadn’t been touched since we were there in January and February - the reason for only 3 stars. I don’t mind the vault toilets but not when the first one you visit has no toilet paper and the seat was disgusting. The other toilet was fine, but ran out of toilet paper. Always pack extra! We will go back - just need to get in touch with them regarding the toilets.

All alone... again!

A cold but sunny weekend in February at site #32. No other campers there for the weekend, but a lot of foot traffic. We stayed at site #31 in January and my husband thought this site was more level than #31. This site is big and spacious and backs up to trees. Only electric and vault toilets are available in the winter. You might scrunch your nose about the vault toilet, but they were kept very clean. The trash bin still had trash that was there from January. I didn't look at the others, but I'm guessing they don't dump them often to keep locals from dumping into them. You register on your own in the winter and it's walk-ins only at this time. Great little campground to visit if you don't need a lot of amenities.

Best place to stay for the racing

Best place to stay for the racing. Rick will treat you good.

Jelly stone had just taken over, but you could tell updates were on the way. The shower house needs some attention, but they were usable. Kids really enjoyed everything. Free tricycles to ride around. Bouncy area, lake with a trampoline and activities all the time.

Fantastic!

We loved it. Our kids had a blast and didn’t run out of things to do or kids to play with. We weren’t very far from mold Mans Cave either.

All alone..🙂

We stayed for one night to get a start on our camping season for 2020. No one, let me repeat, no one was there but us and it was great! The electric sites are still on, no camp hosts and the vault toilets were very clean. Their camp store is closed for winter so you have to self register and the flush toilets are also closed. This was a new site for us and the pad wasn’t too off level. Leaves were all over which helped with any possibility of mud. This is a small campground with both electric and non-electric sites. There is also a 5 mile trail around the lake. Plus a mountain bike trail too.

Staying for pawpaw fest

Honestly this is a really solid camp ground and my partner and I stayed for about a week. We were able to camp right by the lake. The trails are great for hiking and some more intermediate mountain biking. And there are boat rentals of many different types. All and all a great camp ground with lots of activities and hiking to be had.

Close proximity to natural attractions

Hocking Hills State Park, Oh-Site 89. https://thehockinghills.org/

Hocking Hills State Park offers close proximity to most of the popular natural attractions…Old Man’s Cave, Ash Cave, Cantwell Cliffs, etc….but for a tent camper that prefers solitude and space, I found it unappealing.

I did arrive late on a Monday evening, mid-October and got one of the last available sites. Packed on a Monday night!

I found the camping sites a bit cramped both in depth and width. Site 89 and 90 shared the same parking pad. Limited flat locations existed for a tent and my tent footprint is fairly small. You do have a firepit and picnic table with all three in fairly close proximity, so you must be extremely cautious with wind direction when deciding for a fire, else you’ll have embers dotting your tent and picnic table. Even though the neighbors were trying to be respectfully quiet…you heard every conversation and saw their every move.

No electric, which is fine in my book…the water spigot is centrally located on the loop and happened to be next to my site.

The restroom/shower facilities were not well cared for upon my visit. The floors were very muddy and trash was piled up in the corner of one stall and out of necessities.

Construction and dump truck noise started early with a project behind the restrooms.

The visitor’s center was well-stocked and the employee was pleasant. Cell service is unavailable and even sketchy at the visitor’s center. Wood can be purchased at the visitor’s center.

Close proximity to local attractions and a swimming pool are likely the big draw.

Knowing that I prefer solitude and distance when camping, I’ll likely not return but choose nearby Lake Hope State Park for my local visits.