Standard (Tent/RV)

No Water Hookups
Contact
Grapevine is located in South Carolina
Directions
Located at the end of road 764 off Chattooga Ridge Road, approximately 1.5 miles south of the intersection with Whetstone Road.
3 Reviews of Grapevine
Quiet escape

Fantastic place within the forest along the Chauga River. Vault toilet was clean and maintained. Most campsites are River side

Kinda creepy

I grew up camping here. It is free camping with trout fishing. Its nearby to a lot of great hikes, drives and whitewater rafting. Unfortunately the Mountain Dew cans and broken glass aren't such great decoration. I don't understand people who enjoy the outdoors and are so willing to trash it.

SO gorgeous!!

I have enjoyed my stay here multiple times. Anytime friends or family come to visit and want to camp, this is the place I come. It does it pretty busy during the weekends, summertime, and holiday/long weekends. It is right next to the Chauga River, which makes it really nice for swimming and fishing. I actually saw some people cooking up fish in their campsite that they caught that day. Here are some things I liked:

1. River close by- We brought some great floaties and hung out in the water during the day. Definitely gets busy.
  2. Great hiking nearby! I always enjoy doing the nature loop. It is great for all ages. My favorite time of year to come is late spring/summer when all the flowers are in bloom. (See pictures attached- I love taking pictures of flowers! I cant help it).
  3. Spacious campsites (they have  small picnic table and fire ring).

One thing I don't like is that there is only 1 bathroom and it is a porta potty and very old. I like to say "rustic." Bring your own toilet paper! Lots of great trees that provide shade in the summer, and great for hanging your hammock and relaxing. Easy to find, and at the end of a gravel/dirt road about 2 miles in.