South Rosemary , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent South Rosemary Camping Reviews
Great Park!

Occoneechee was a great state park to stay at. We enjoyed the awesome views, friendly staff, and walking trails. We will be back!

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Best price around for Propane!

Nice staff. Pool is usually clean. This place usually has the cheapest price on propane around.

no tent camping

seems like a nice place, clean and quiet, but there is no tent camping (or car camping). pretty dissapointing. Manager said they havent allowed tent camping in a few years.

Great campground!

We spent one night here in April. It was great!

There are some pretty easy hiking trails, great for kids. Really beautiful wooded area. The campground was everything you could ask for! Large, level sites that are very secluded and far apart from each other. Bathrooms were clean and well situated. Very family-friendly!

We want to come back soon!

The last summer with the guys

I absolutely loved Occoneechee the drive for me kills the my gas but it was definitely worth it the standard electric sites are in good shape and if your lucky on what your reserve you can get right on the water which is awesome until it’s 4:00 in the morning and the bass anglers are drive there speed boats but all in all this get a five star because the camps sites accommodated every me and buddies needs.

Great yurt camping!

This was our first time staying in a yurt and we loved it!

Its like tent camping except you get to sleep in a bed. We stayed in September so the fact that there is no AC or electricity in the yurt was not an issue because the weather was moderate. Yurt 1 is a bit of a walk to the bathrooms, that is the only negative thing I can think of. The beds were comfortable. You have to bring your own sheets and pillows.  There is also a small table and chairs inside the yurt. Loved that there was no tent to pack up when it was time to leave! There  was a fire ring and picnic table outside as well as a large deck around the yurt with two rocking chairs. Driving around the campground, there are some fantastic waterfront sites in the same loop as the yurts that we'd love to come back and stay at! They have great views of Buggs Island Lake.

We did some hiking while we were there but there are not a ton of trails. We spent most of our free time at the splash pad. The kids loved that!

Overall this is a great little park! I only gave it 4 stars because there's not a ton to do.

Too close to civilization

Was a pretty nice lake to visit once, but I never felt like I was out in the wilderness with the large freeways so close. Still, there were pretty coves to explore on the HUGE lake, and the campsites were very green and scenic - if a bit too close together. I liked hiking the trails, some of which had interesting historical markers. Renting a kayak took a lot longer than I'd expected, just because the rental office seemed understaffed to me. Would have loved this park if it were just a bit more off the beaten path, so to speak.

Great lakeside sites

The “C” campground has RV sites that you can tent camp at as well that are site specific and lake front. Great for renting a pontoon boat or putting a kayak in the water. They have added a splash park for the kids which helps in the summer.

Awesome with lots of things to do.

We have a larger trailer so we had to stay in the equestrian area. There weren’t showers by us but there was 1 bathroom. The site is spacious and secluded although the few sites are packed into each other. There are smaller sites but are also closer together. Great place for biking, hiking, and being on the lake. They also have a new splash pad that the kids loved. While we were out there they had park personnel go over a few local birds of prey. We’ll be back!