Camping in Palmer

381 Reviews of 165 Palmer, New York Campgrounds

Jonathan  F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Roomy

This campground while a little on the pricy side has phenomenal spots! They are big and private! I will definitely be coming back!

• relax
  • Home for the week
  • dig in!
Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Gorgeous! Perfect place!

This campground is awesome! There plenty of spaces with HUGE sites. There is a beach, fishing dock, pavilion and plenty to do in the area. This is dispersed camping but every site has water nearby. The water is difficult to get as you can’t connect a regular hose. Luckily a neighbor helped us out.…

• fish right by the pier
  • walk along the beach that is ADA accessible
The Other Kim K.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Beautiful Views

Camped on one of the waterfront tent sites. Super nice but close to highway so you could hear the cars drive by and see the hwy from the site. Not super quiet but I’d still camp here again.

Andrzej K.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Great Small campground

This place was recommended by a friend It is exactly what she said Clean, friendly stuff , large RV welcome, but it seems tight for the big ones We had a site with Electric and Water hook up There are sewer hook up available also Over all a great place Pet friendly, ( we had two dogs)

• small pond ,  rv sites are all around the pond
  • Fire pit is a must have for us
Site40 WE
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Good for a weekend getaway

Site F -90- there is a slope on the site with limited privacy. I suggest avoiding this site but there are quite a few other sites that looked nice and a stream flowing through.

SiteF90
Molly G.
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Get ready to walk!

Okay so. My friend and I were desperately looking for a place to spend the weekend, and with Covid making it a little more difficult to rely on walking in and finding a campsite, we made a blind reservation for site 8 on Grout pond. Here's what we wish we knew before hand:

Although BEAUTIFUL,…

• The last hike up to our site
  • New Wentzel 8 Person Tent! Thanks The Dyrt!
  • Love a Lean-to
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great park expensive for visitors

A lot of amenities bathrooms and showers well taking care of. Only problem is it cost $20 a person to come visit.

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

River campsites are the best!

This place was really nice, river site was 5 ft from the camper. The owners are very friendly. I would 100 percent stay here again.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Highly recommended

Great family place

• lovely beach area
Ellis L.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Wonderful campsite run by wonderful guys!

I have to preface by saying that I signed up to The Dyrt just to leave a review for Devil Doc campgrounds. I could not have had a more lovely experience at Devil Doc - and my GSD Daisy would emphatically agree! As they say, a tired dog is a good dog, and this girl is wiped out! **We loved our…

SitePond
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2021

Fantastic Place!!

Easy to find state campground. Trailer/RV sites easy to access. Plenty of space between camp sites. Lots of water sites, beach, fishing, kayaking......recommended!!!

Miccal  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2021

secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Miccal  M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2021

Nice Primitive spot in the Green Mountains

One of many locations along Forest rd 71, this spot was a good place to pitch a tent for the night while exploring the area even in the rain.

Salvatore S.
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2021

Best kept secret. Tucked away

Awesome camping resort. Seasonal rates are excellent. We stayed from April until October then decided to stay over winter. They have a small winter section. You'll have the entire mountain side all to yourself! Snowshoe, cross country ski. Winter campfires. Owners Mike and Sherri are great.…