The best RV SITES camping near
Oakwood Park , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Oakwood Park Camping Reviews
Great location...easy access to city

We spent 3 nights here last week. I was in NYC for business and we took our RV. Very convenient location. My wife visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The sites had electric and water and were in a fenced off section of tue marina parking area. It was a little loud with city noises, but exactly what we expected being so close. Staff was great. Easy access with our 32 foot RV pulling our Jeep.

What lake??

Well kept, wooded sites on a mountain. No lake in site. Standard amenities, like pool, hot tub, laundry, outdoor games a community fire pit etc.. Small store as well. 5 minutes to town. Sites are large in most cases. All have fire pit and picnic table, some have bbq grill too. We are only here for a couple days but get a feeling it's a great place to take a family for that weekend camping experience.

Best ever. Really.

This is my second attempt at posting a review here. I am not a fan of camping "resorts," so keep that in mind if you are looking for an incorporated waterpark,theater, etc.. The spacing is perfect, even packed you have space and privacy. The views are amazing. Plenty of trails, plenty to do near by. Place is perfect. The price is astonishingly low.

Best. Campground.Ever.

Please keep in mind I am not and have never been a fan of "resort" campgrounds, so things like wifi, pools, etc, are not here (that I know of). There are plenty of trails, water (creeks, pond,lake,) views and even if the place is packed there is PLENTY of room. The price makes it even better. Just best place I have ever been and plenty to do near by.

Get back to Nature

I love this place! Plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty of privacy if that’s what you want. Our campsite was lovely and the people who own this place are so down to earth and friendly. They over extended what it means to be a host in my mind. They were knowledgeable about the surrounding towns, their campground, and basically everything nature related. This was our very first night camping in an RV (we were renters at the time). They helped us with leveling and allowed us to use their phone when we had issues with ours. They removed all garbage at a decent time and the garbage cans were located near the campsites so we didn’t have to walk far at all. The campground is beautiful with a lake, playground, miniature golf course and access to a ton of hiking. The wolf preserve, which is next to the campground, is in walking distance though I believe they will drive you if needed. We didn’t do a tour, will save that for next time. We stayed on a partial site with water and electric. The dump station was easy to access on your way out of the campgrounds. Trees were trimmed and our campsite was mostly flat and easy enough to maneuver (as first timers we did it without much of an issue but we needed some 4x4s and the owner delivered them to our site). Great place to stay with or without children. Other campers were all respectful. We stayed during Covid and everyone was following social distancing guidelines. One downside for some may be the WiFi access. Very poor signal however, we didn’t mind, it actually helped us to let loose and not be so attached to all things digital. I will 100% be returning and likely it will be a yearly go-to for us.

Good price

The price is good and there is electricity and a small shower and the surroundings are very quiet.

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Always A Good Time

Another great family style campground. Looks of things to do and staff is always there to help.

Great location to everything in the poconos. Mostly long term residents. Sites are dirt/grass and are not level, but they are long which makes up for the front to back level issue. Lots of weekenders and vacationers.

BIG sites near lots of hiking

Had a group of 10 in the fall. Plenty of space for tents, cars, and anything else you'd want to haul in. Close to a lot of nice hikes, near the AT.