the dyrt
Atco, NEW JERSEY
Most Recent Atco Camping Reviews
Just ok with the dog

Bathrooms were very clean. People were very nice. Camp sites are very sandy. We chose this place because they advertise dog swimming. They only have a very small area which was slightly mucky and I saw three large cotton mouth snakes hanging on the coastline. I know that it's nature and snakes will be there but we did not get in the water with our puggle. No Way!

Old-fashioned, friendly, amenity filled campground!

We visited MANY campgrounds in Del. Pa. and N.J. looking for a place to stay seasonally. Once we went to Hospitality Creek, I knew we found our home. The people, activites, roomy sites, pools, beautiful lake for swimming and boating/fishing, snack bar with breakfast and full lunch/dinner menu made it such an easy choice. It is on the pricy side for nightly/weekly camping rates, but really worth every dollar!

Nice family campground

Spent several nights at Brandywine Creek campground in July, in the middle of a 6 week trip with our granddaughter. Quite, well kept camp. Clean showers. Nice pool. Close to Valley Forge military park, and convenient to Philadelphia by train.

K.O.Amazing!!!

Fishing available!!! Big sell for me

Well kept campground and facilities. We’ve been there several times because it’s so close. The river sites are great but can get muddy and there is a big hill to get up and out. The pool is nice, they have a store and a playground.

Passing through

1 night stay while traveling up the east coast. Lots of seasonals so you kind of feel out of place. Plenty of shade but sites are right on top of each other. Nice pool. Bathhouse is large and clean.

Campground Closed

Bulls Island's campground is no longer open. Other than that is a great place for hikes and kayacking.

Peaceful

We were here at the end of September and there were only a few other campers.The sites are a decent distance from each other. It was nice and quiet. There are trails for hiking and if you're there on a Saturday during polo season you can catch a match down the road at Tinicum Park.

Lovely

Took the dogs here had a wonderful time went hikingand found a little pond for the boys to cool off in.

Love

Played nan hunt as a child here for years great gor family vacation

Eh

It xould use a little work nothing to bad though still had fun

😀

Went on a overniggt hike with some friends it was amazing lost a buddy of mine for a while but enjoyed the scenery.

Fun

Had a blast hiked all day and enjoyed some fishing and moonlight kyaking place was a blast

Ghosttown all of fall

This may be my favorite spot. I habe stayed in all the spots they offer, yurt, cabin and the pull up sites. It is well maintained with numerous trails to hike. Getting a cabin in the winter and going for a snowy hike is wondrful there

Great place!

We go every year l. It has everything the outdoorsman could ask for. Bring your bow and shoot at the hay barrels. Ice skate on the lake in the winter or just enjoy a gorgeous walk in the woods.

Easy drive

Not my favorite but the staff is friendly. It kind of reminds me of a hostile more than a campground

Wonderful

I love camping at Ridley creek. Very peaceful

hidden gem

this hidden gem of a campground is beautiful. there is plenty of hiking trails. only downside is having to haul gear by foot to the campsite. some are further than others

Around the corner

A small state park surrounding a large pond. The campground is located on the backside of the park, with its own entrance, so follow directions carefully. Because of this, it’s slightly removed from the beach and other service areas of the park, but is connected by multi use trails. Great for biking, as the recently finished Mike Castle trail along the C&D Canal is right across the street.

Winter Camping

We found this campground one night when we were in NJ. It ended up snowing that night. the bathrooms were clean and warm. There is a lot to do in the area.

Beautiful Campground

We stayed in a yurt. it was a great experience that we would definitely do again. There is a small lake that was great to kayak on.

Only spot in northern DE

Great RV amenities. large spots. nice pond with a nice trail for mtb or hiking. very easy trail for both. boat ramp onsite. zip line. overall very nice place

Great Find , Lots of attractions & things to do and close to the beach!

Atlantic Blueberry has a lot to offer campers from seasonal sites to large pull through sites for RV's as well as sites for tent camping. Located in Port Republic not far from Brigantine & Atlantic City. The park has a nice size pool as well as a kiddie pool. There is also a playground for the kids, camp store with some basic supplies as well as some planned activities on the weekends. We spent a month here while visiting family and while it was pretty busy on the weekends the weekdays were pretty quiet. The staff were very pleasant, accommodating and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. The only reason I gave only 4 stars is the description on there website does not make it clear what the difference is between premium & deluxe hookups. We thought we had booked a fhu site but are only able to dispose of our grey water. The black tank must be pumped out for an additional charge. Otherwise we would stay here again if we could get a site with full sewer hookup.

Hiking

I haven't camped here but we love the dog-friendly hiking trails. We have walked through the site areas and they seem to be a nice size but not offering too much privacy. We are usually there in the off season so not sure how crazy it gets in the warmer months with the lake being there.

back to nature in the pines

state forest, most camping areas worth going to are primitive with no electricity, showers or potable water. hiking into camp ranges anywhere from 3/4 of a mile to 3 Miles. it can be hot and buggy in the summer but the solitary vibe can’t be beat. prices are very reasonable being a state run forest.

I enjoyed my visit. Level site, good for tents. Close to amenities.

Fun for kids

Sites are very wooded, close to eachother. Fun for kids. The lake is huge, the pools are crowded but fun. There is a splash pad for little ones. Our 3 yr old loved it.

Wooded area

Stayed once in the early spring. Lots of dirt! We were kind of far from friends & got yelled at for too many people on our site even though all were paid campers either with RV sites or utilizing cabins. Pool looked nice but we came in the early spring so it wasn’t opened yet. Playground was big, but all sand which every kid had all in their shoes. Good rustic camping experience if that’s what you’re looking for!

Lower Forge backcountry campground

NOTE: There are LOADS of ticks in this area.

This campground is hike-in or boat-in only, no car access. We camped here for one night on an overnight loop in Wharton State Forest. Wild blueberries abound during summer months!

Individual sites are closely packed, which was not a problem as we were the only ones there. Any more than 2-3 groups of campers and this ground would start to feel claustrophobic. Site boundaries are pretty clearly marked, and each has a fire ring.

Batsto River provides plenty of water for filtering--don't be weirded out by the brown color caused by tannins. River access at higher-numbered sites is marshy, water flow and quantity is more substantial downstream from the lower-numbered sites.

Trash bags are provided, but no trash receptacles, so pack it out! There is a pit toilet, but did not check its status.

Great for families with tree covered lake access, plus playground

My wife and I chose site #10 based on its close proximity to the lake and fishing access. Even when I put my waders on, I pulled in algae almost every time. There is a ton of algae in this lake. We rented a canoe with the hopes of having more fishing success but the middle of the lake was just as bad! There was garbage in our fire pit when we arrived. Site is great for people with families as there was a playground within 50 feet so it is a bit louder and busier. We loved the free and clean showers and bathrooms but we had to drive to them from our site. We also loved that we were able to park our car basically anywhere on site so we could park close to our tent.