Atco, NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Atco Camping Reviews
Outstanding 👍🏼👍🏼

Quaint and rustic, heavily wooded. Makes you feel like your camping, not just lined up next to a bunch of campers. Great service and amenities, very friendly and helpful staff ⛺️⛺️⛺️⛺️

Peace and Quiet

Since it was late in the season, I called ahead to make sure this campground (22 individual sites plus two group sites and four cabins– two rustic and two modern) was still open. I was reassured that it was, that reservations were not needed, and that a ranger would come around to collect our fee ($30 cash or check). We arrived around 6 pm to a completely empty campground. Granted it was a rainy Sunday night, but the gates were open and so were the restrooms, so we settled into site 16, across from the restrooms. Aside from occasional road noise on Cafferty Road, we didn’t hear any noise or see another soul (including the ranger) during our overnight stay. There was no place to self/register/pay that we could find. The next morning, we woke to sunshine and the campground looked beautiful. No hookups and the bathrooms were reasonable but not the best we’ve encountered. The shower did not look very appealing. I did not see the cabins or the pool that is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. I read that two water releases each year in March and early November are very popular for whitewater rafters and many of these paddlers stay in the cabins and campground. I also read about hiking trails but could not find them on the Google map on my phone. Not seeing much to do, we packed up and left what was likely the most peaceful night of camping we’ve experienced in a long time!

Great getaway from the everyday rat race

Looking for a place to escape without having to drive out of your way to get to? Lower forge is the place. One if the few places in New Jersey you have to backpack into with access from either (Atsion 5+ miles in) or Batsto (7 miles) located right on the Basto River you’re even able to boat in. It’s one of my personal favorites to disappear for a weekend and great for beginners who you’re trying to break into backpacking. Located right off the Batona trail your bound for adventure.

Red wing lakes

Season camped for 2 years there. Swimming lake catch and release lake sells wood has bath houses, electric, water and sewer hookups. They always have something going on. And a skeet range

Great place to grow up

I grew up with Tyler in my backyard (literally)

Great campground

Enjoyed a site away from the crowds. Quiet. Peaceful. Place is huge with many campsites to choose from. Checking in is slow so come early.

Friendly Staff / Great Location

One of favorite spots! This is the second year we've stayed here. We had a scenic site along the Brandywine River. We had a great couple of families stay next to us and our kids made quick friends with their's. They played in the woods, road bike, jumped on the air mattress the campground has, and many rounds of Gaga Ball.

There is also a great run for the dogs to get off the leash for a bit. Our German Shepard made many a friend there. It served as a great place to meet other families as well as a great way to tire our pooch OUT.

We also did some hiking along the train tracks that boarder the campground. I regret not taking advantage of renting one of the KOA's canoes and floating down the Brandywine. There is something special about Chester County that is hard to find anywhere else. So much history and beauty everywhere you go within the county. We will return and are looking forward to it already.

All around great outdoorsmans park!

Great park to do everything outdoorsy including, hiking, horseback riding, hunting and fishing. I cought a beautiful Brown Trout here a few weeks ago! Great park.(I put the Trout back in, it was very healthy and I managed to get the hook out quickly, otherwise he would have been dinner!) You need a license to fish, and if you plan on catching Trout you need the Trout endorsement on the fishing licence, currently$9.90.The restroom facilities we're clean. There were plenty of maps and brochures available at the different parking areas. It was a great place to walk with your dog and enjoy the Pennsylvania outdoors.

Nice, spacious campground in DE

This State park campground is very well maintained. The staff is friendly. Quiet, clean area and had no problem navigating in our 40’ 5th wheel. Great place to stay and check out “Lower, slower Delaware.”

Stay here when visiting Philly!

This is a very nice KOA, just over the Delaware River from Philly. The park is clean, quiet, full of families. The staff are friendly and welcoming. It’s easy to navigate to the park from the interstate, and big rigs fit easily. I would definitely plan to stay here to visit Philly!

Good stop to visit Philly

We stayed here a week in October. The owners are nice and we found the campground to be quite and a good place to hop on a train and ride into Philly. We camped right by the large/nice playground that my kids enjoyed. It’s not far from town, but far enough to drown out the noise of the city.

Looks cool

Good to have a list of sites

fun times !

enjoyed my time there for the weekend . didn’t like that there was a checkout time and there was no reservation for that day

Very friendly, clean, nice store, extra helpful!!

This was our first time camping with our new to us pop up trailer and we decided to stay local Incase we ran into any problems!  We ended up pulling in after dark since we both ended up working late and took us about 1 1/2 hours to set up our water and electrical lines were short from where we parked and they lent us loaners for the weekend. Owners were extremely nice and helped us tremendously!  They have kayaking and tubing available with their own transport 2,3 and 5 hour trips and you come right back down to the campsite!!  Bring your own and just pay a small transport fee.  We will go back and do the kayaking for sure!! We had a beautiful weekend and the camp activities were great for the kids!!  Can’t wait to go back!!

It’s ok

Stayed here once a year for the past three years but this is the first time I feel I need to write a review. I felt like I was bothering the front desk by checking in. The golf carts driven by minors speeding through the park. The water stank and was straight brown. The site itself was ok and it had a concrete pad The dirt/sand roads were horrible. The pool was heated

Nice place

This is our first stay at this Thousand Trails resort.

We had a reservation that we made using the App. The app did not allow us to book a stay starting on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday so we checked in on Sunday. The reason i mention this is that when set up in our site our neighbor told us that there were plenty of empty sites all the previous week - he stays here frequently and recommended calling rather than using the Thousand Trails app.

Next note - the resort did not reserve a particular site and suggested that we drive around and select the one we liked. That was ok and we got a nice level site with a concrete pad under the picnic table. Partially shaded. Consideration - As we have a class B unit we will be in and out of the site - we needed some way to designate that the site was taken if we went out. The resort did not plan for this ( see later note ) but they did come out and give us a length of caution tape to us to block the site.

This is a fairly large place. The sites are clean but small. Far and away this resort is used by seasonal and cabin campers. They only have a few ( maybe 25 or so) transient sites which they seem to allocate on on a first come first serve basis. If you have a class b and plan to go in an out i recommend you bring some sort of indicator to mark your site as occupied.

We came in late September so the pool was closed but the lake side beach was still open. The beach was clean and had beach chairs.

The camp store has limited offerings, was not open on Mon and Tue, and closed at 4. This may have been because we were late in the season.

Close to Philly

Stayed here in our RV. It was the closest campground to Philly so we called a Lyft to get us into the city. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We also filled our propane tank here The restrooms were immaculate compared to most campgrounds.

Small but clean

Stayed for a night and enjoyed our experience. Bathrooms were clean and the pool was nice but very cold!!!! Not a big Campground but they fit us in last minute.

Small but clean and friendly

Small but very clean campground. Great swimming pool. Lots of activities planned for kids over weekends. Hay ride etc.

Fun and natural experience

Wharton Forest has several campgrounds.

We tent camped at Atsion in 2015: had flush toilets and was close to the checkin station/store as well as the beach on the lake. Some sites were right on the water and the sites were very big.

We wanted a more rustic experience and tent camped at Bodine campground in 2018. Our site was right on Wading River and we launched our kayaks right at the site! Our tent is has a full view of the sky and at night it was like a planetarium as we admired the sky from our cots. Pit toilets, pump water, fire ring, nice big site. Road in is sandy but it is the pine barrens. Although we were there on Friday the 13th, sadly neither Jason or the Jersey Devil stopped by for s’mores.

Great State Park Campground

Plenty to do: Trails for biking and hiking, rentals (canoes, kayaks, paddle boats), Go Ape zip lines, playgrounds, fishing piers, and more. Well maintained, clean and friendly camp hosts. Sites are huge and most are level.  We stay here a few times throughout the year and have never been disappointed with the campground.

Nice county campground. Sand roads, nestled in stands of trees and brush.

Enjoyed the rustic setting.  In the sparse woods of the northern pine barrens. Nicely manicured sand roads and sites.  Stay in the outer loops if you like more privacy.

Beautiful park with gorgeous shore line

Love coming here with my family. This park has everything from trails and shore line to playground and pavilions. Isn’t a campground though.

Great weekend

We camped here in July. Besides the weather being ungodly hot. Had a good time. The only thing I would say is that the bathrooms need an upgrade. Everyone was very friendly at the resort. Staying there again soon.

Loooove it

It's really chill for a place not far away

warm friendly people quiet and clean

easy to hike bike and all stores beautiful lake and boating

Nice

Spots can tight and lots of trees, sometimes making it difficult to get in and out of. Great pool and splash pad. Kids love the lake. Bathroom cleaned daily. Could use more showers. Nice and quiet at night.

Everything

From the moment I pulled in and observed how large the sites were, I was hooked. Bike trails, Going Ape, kayaking and peaceful. Planing my next trip

Sunday Picnic

It was a beautiful day on Sunday so my girlfriend and I decided to picnic in the park. The areas for that seemed well groomed, bathrooms were acceptable, and there was plenty of space. Some nice trees not too close allowed for good shade, without feeling like in a forest. Park is a lot bigger than you would think, and is really a great spot to get away for a few hours. A lot of history as well.