Absecon, NEW JERSEY
Most Recent Absecon Camping Reviews
Loooove it

It's really chill for a place not far away

warm friendly people quiet and clean

easy to hike bike and all stores beautiful lake and boating

Nice

Spots can tight and lots of trees, sometimes making it difficult to get in and out of. Great pool and splash pad. Kids love the lake. Bathroom cleaned daily. Could use more showers. Nice and quiet at night.

Huge lake, awesome pool

Nice quiet campground right on a huge lake, good fishing, dog beach, human beach, awesome pool. Tons of activities. Great staff. Tents and RVs welcome.

Nice place but could be better.

The place was nice & cleaned and cheap. The lady in the store is rude & smokes to much, the pool area closes at 6pm that’s to early I think, the Baseball fields is run down, Quite time is from 10:00pm-8am Strictly Enforced but people were still partying & making noise at till 1am.

Decent camping experience

Good campgrounds. There was moderate traffic and a few other people while I was there. Everyone was respectful inconsiderate. Facilities were under average.

Not a bad place

It was our first trip of the year last week of April

Great place close to beaches

Clean safe nice place to camp. Would recommend to anyone.
Close to beaches and lots to do in the area.

Can't Go Wrong Here!

This was our 5th year camping at Baker's Acres. Their slogan is "Where friends are made for life" and they couldn't be any more right. This is the friendliest, family run for 50+ years, clean, fun, campground we've been to in a long time.

The Camp Store is large and well stocked. The salt pool is always clean!

Campsites are level and somewhat sandy (You're in the Pine Barrens, it should be expected). The bathhouses near our site were cleaned 2x daily and the best part is, they're private! (Shower, sink, toilet in a 10 room bathhouse).

Check the activities schedule, there is always something fun to do!

Close to LBI and a short drive to Smithville, I highly recommend Baker's Acres!

Close to the beach

We were very pleased with the size of our site.  The campground was quiet and the bathhouses were clean.  We happened to be there when it was 100 degrees so we definitely noticed that the bathhouses weren't air conditioned.  We were really happy we didn't have to shower in them since they were so hot.  The pool was warm but it could have been cleaner.  The lake was so warm that it made us wonder what kind of bacteria was growing in it.  Overall we were pleased with our stay and would return again.

We stayed here in April. This was a nice campground. The RV sites were nice. there were no elctric/water/ sewer hookups. Our site was across from a water station. There was a dump station at the campgrond. Bathrooms were clean. The campground is not far from the popular shore towns. Diners in Woodbine are close as well.  Cell service with Spint/ Verizon was good. Our camp site on the outer loop was large. Some sites in other areas were smaller.

Nice place.

Nice place. WiFi spotty. Bathrooms clean.

Great location.

Stayed there on our shake down trip with our new RV. Nice, Clean and Friendly. perfect for home base really close to lots of jersey shore happenings. and the staff is so amazingly helpful!!

Rustic but large sites

Nice and clean campground, sandy sites. nice trails. great location. Been there a few times. will definitely go back.

Meh

Clean and well kept, but it seems to attract a rougher crowd.

Not a family friendly place

Not a family friendly place; people skinny dipping in the lake, people smoking in public places, people cursing up a storm right next to our 3 and 4 year old, etc etc. On top of that there was trash everywhere and the laundromat was closed for the entire week we were there. Only saving grace for the place was the wonderful amenities in the area which meant we could spend as little time as possible in the “resort”

Would not return

I haven't seen a review since 2017 and that should have been my first clue. Let me start by saying the check in area was nearly 12 miles away from the site. At the site there were no bathrooms. One outhouse which smelled like death for the entire camp site. I would say there had to be about 60 people using one outhouse NO FLUSHING! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww Camp sites were one on top of the other. There were no clearly marked roads and several cars got stuck in the sand area, one car even drove through our site during the night. Luckily we werent run over. There were no picnic tables either. If you didnt have a table and/or chair you stood all weekend. The road leading to the actual site was full of twists and turns and we nearly smashed into a tree coming out of a turn doing about 20 mph. The police patrolled at 730 pm, 930 and then 1130. THERE WAS NO INTERNET, CELLULAR SERVICE. That didnt bother me but the fact that if there was an emergency there was no way to contact police was pretty alarming. I honestly didnt think the mosquitos or bug situation was bad. There was a questionable tick but didnt see much more than spiders and ants. The lake/beach area also 12 miles away was really nice. You could rent a paddle board, canoe or kayak for a reasonable fee. We will not be back because of the unkempt roads, no running water.(Hey if you want only port a potties ok but put enough to be sanitary for the 60 or so people you jam in on top of each other.) and no way to reach the outside world in an emergency.

Great little koa

A small koa but very nice, I stayed in a cabin for my MTB race weekend. Great! Pool is a tad small. Restrooms very clean and good looking tent sites.

Great Family Fun

We really enjoyed our stay. Only complaint is the noise at night. Amenities could be a little better. We stayed at home he quarryville location and they had a lot more things to do.

Clean, private sites

Clean, private wooded sites. Clean bathhouse, friendly staff. The pool was clean.

Convenient location

This campground is conveniently located near six flags (5min), Sesame Place (40 min) and Philadelphia (60 min). Campground has friendly staff and plenty of activities for children of all ages. Play ground, basket ball, beautiful pool and for an extra fee beach access. Now for the down side: it appears that the office and camp store (which offers a lot) has overgrown the facilities. There are many seasonal campsites many have let there sites go with clutter. The campsites themselves could use some TLC but most of all the roads need some work. There are many pot holes that need gravel. Over all will not rule this campground out in the future but will look for other campgrounds first.

Too expensive for what you get

By reading the reviews some people love the place while others hated it. We we're somewhere in the middle. My reaction was"meh". We stayed on premium site number 54 from Wednesday until Sunday at a total of$343. At that price, I was expecting MUCH more. The place is very quiet until Friday but noise is no issue to us as we love being in the middle of the action. Most people also respected quiet time. The entire campground is sand and gets very dusty and messy. This was the dirtiest campground we've stayed at, meaning the trailer and truck needed a full bath once we got home. The activities were cute and the pool and splash pad was really the only main attraction. Site was gravel with a small concrete patio and decently sized. All hookups worked as required so no complaints there. Make sure you bring everything you need with you, because this place is literally in the middle of nowhere and a minimum 15 minutes ride to any type of civilization. Don't plan on arriving after dark as there is no type of lighting other than what the other campers have lit up. Overall we had a decent time, but for the price, we've stayed at much nicer places and most likely won't be coming back.

So far so good

Arrived at 1pm on Wednesday. Check in was smooth. They allowed me to drive around first and pick out a campsite before checking in. They charge $5 extra for a dog. So far it is very quiet and that's what I was looking for. It's just a short drive to the ocean is:Cape May, Ocean City New Jersey.

Great place to camp

Great place for a weekend getaway. Very well maintained campsites and facilities.

Favorite place along the Jersey coast ...

Very nice place…bathrooms and pool are all very clean. Some sites are a little small but everyone is so nice you don’t mind. Bring my grandchildren a lot and they love it. And don’t forget our four legged family members. This campground is also very pet friendly ❤️. We come back as often as possible.

Our usual spot for a quick weekend trip that's close to home.

I have stayed here many times over the years, usually for a long weekend.  Longer trips were spent there with my parents when I was a kid.   I prefer the south shore campsites to the north shore.  The sites on the south shore offer a little more privacy and aren't as crammed.  I'm particularly fond of the dog friendly loop, its a newer loop and the bathrooms are more modern than the others scattered around.

We have also stayed in the camping shelters a few times and a cabin once.    The shelters offer no frills sleeping quarters with two bunks beds, so four beds and closet/pantry on both sides in the rear for food and gear, a wooden table in and pot belly stove for warmth or a one pot meal in the front room.  Bathrooms are in a separate building across the road and are shared with the other shelters occupants.  The exterior includes a fire pit, picnic table and a fire ring for larger meal prep.

The cabins are a two steps above the shelter with a full kitchen and bathroom with shower, but otherwise rustic, with three sets of bunk beds, a wooden table and two Adirondack chairs in front of a fire place.  The screened in porch at the rear of the cabin overlooks the lake and has plenty of room for camp chairs.   There is also a picnic table and a charcoal grill outside.

The beach is home to the cleanest, most wonderful lake I have ever set foot  in.  There are picnic tables and grills scattered all around the beach near the parking lot and it does get crowded in the summer months.  There is also a concession stand open in the summer months, serving light fare -- burgers, dogs, ice cream, soda & chips.

Clean and Friendly

The staff and campers are very friendly. Sites are nice and clean. The bathrooms and showers are kept clean. Over all a good place.

The only downside I saw was people here are up way to early. 7am place was already loud. 7:45am a propane truck pulled in the full the propane and was extremely loud. 8am people with leaf blowers and chopping wood. Don’t expect to sleep past 7:30am.

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE

This campground is literally filled with ducks and huge geese! The site we were at was 33, right next to where they feed the critters! It was full hookups, for a 30 amp. I only gave it a 3 star due to the fact that the pool was not fixed and the female bathrooms were out of order. Also 90% of the sites were permanent campers. They did have tent sites available, but only a port a John near by!