Belmont, NEW HAMPSHIRE

Most Recent Belmont Camping Reviews
Great trails!

Bear brook state park is a great place in central NH for camping and day trips alike. Though you definitely want to watch for black fly season and ticks (as with anywhere else around), there is something to do year round! The mountain bike trails are some of the best in NH with a little something for every skill level. There’s fishing, swimming and even archery if you’re into that. I certainly recommend, especially for the mountain biking!

Very friendly owners

Wonderful time staying here.

Quiet & clean

This is a nice campground. Bathroom facilities were always clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Had a pool on site, but never got the chance to try it out. Would definitely recommend.

Freedom!

Simplicity at it best :)

Happiness starts here!!!

Friendly staff, BEST family camping vacation spot in all of NH! I have camped here since I was 5 years old and am over 50 years now! Sites and cabins are spacious and cleaned after every departure and campers are soooo friendly and helpful and why I recommend and give Terrace Pines 5 stars ☆'s!!!

Super cozy and beautiful!

I love this place and could totally live here full time if they'd let me :)

Less than one star

This place was a disappointment. We went back in August. The stream was dried up, which I get, there was a drought. The sites were very exposed to the main road and the staff acted like it was an imposition to help anyone. We had severe weather one night and when we asked to move to one of the cabins, which we were willing to pay for, they denied us. We had a special needs child and they could care less. We ended up leaving early and getting a hotel room. Very disappointed.

Permanently Closed

Redeveloped with houses.

Set up for big RVs

The camping is a large open area (no shade) with RVs lined up. There are full hook-ups and if you plan to only use the bathroom and shower in your RV it is likely fine. The showers are horrific. There are two different shower rooms, with two showers each. While we were there one whole room was labeled “out of order”. In the other, only one of the coin operated showers was working. So, only one shower for the entire campground. The shower area was FILLED with with bugs and spiders. We unfortunately had to kill one spider that was dangling from the ceiling into the shower we were trying to use. The kids screamed the whole time.

The lake water was deemed to high in bacteria to swim in while we were there, but the natives were swimming anyway, so we did too. The beach was nice and if it wasn’t for the bacteria concern we’d have enjoyed it even more. (Bacteria is why we didn’t skip the shower.)

The view was gorgeous.

Just okay now!

We used to come here every year but move on since. It’s been 7 years & we came back for Columbus Day weekend for an overnight. Maybe it was just this weekend but it was pricey at $45 per night. I’ll start with the bad first. The site are very close to each other. If you fart, all surrounding site will here you. Rain, yep, when it rains it floods the sites near the bathroom toward the beginning of the entrance. Big RV will have trouble maneuvering in here because it is tight. On to the good. Each site (except beach) has a wood canopy, picnic bench, electrical, water spigot & designated fire pit. Bathrooms are close to every site. The beaches along the Saco river is awesome but they took away the cliff jumps and put boulders there. I think the rope swings are still there. We used to stay here long term but now it just ehh. Funny fact: NH law says you can’t burn wood from out of state. But the wood that they sell is from Maine. LOL