Eureka, MONTANA

Most Recent Eureka Camping Reviews
Beautiful piece of heaven

It is a wonderful campground. There is water and a dump station available. The lake is amazing. Cliff jumping was a blast and the water wasn’t too cold to spend the day in it. Best 10 days I ever spent camping.

My Favorite Glacier Campground

On our last day in Glacier we headed over to Bowman Lake in hopes of finding a campsite. Despite it being the end of June we got there at 2 PM and found plenty of sites open. We had out pick of the little. The sites are all great. Lots of trees to use for hammocks, good picnic tables, and nice fire pits. The campground only has pit toilets, but the secluded area makes up for it. This is the place to go to avoid the regular Glacier camping crowds. The campground is about a 5 minute walk to the lake and just a short drive form Polebridge. Absolutely gorgeous and my favorite place to camp in Glacier.

A Perfect Escape

We camped here on the last night of our Flathead area trip and I have to say this site was easily my favorite place we stayed. We pulled in around 2 PM on a weekend and had no problem finding a spot. This campground works best for tents but you could pull in with a small trailer. The short walk to the river makes for great swimming and picture taking. There is some highway noise but it is not a heavily used road. Would highly recommend this campground.

Secluded

Nice, quiet campsite. Make sure to get there early for a spot! Buck Mountain Trail #176 is a great hike or bike in the area. If you scramble to the top of the mountain, there is an incredible view of the Cabinets and the Selkirks. Watch out for grizzly and black bears in this area! The creek along the campsite is cool and clean.

Quiet

Rough road going west from Polebridge not suitable for RvS. Much better road eastbound from Eureka side. Nice camp for a tent camp or camper. Creek close. Beautiful mountains getting there from Eureka

Superb Owners

To start off, I rarely write reviews. We were in the area in August of 2019 and we stopped here to potentially tent camp. We went inside and asked if there was anything available for the night. We wanted a quiet campground with access to the Kootenay River in which they had both. So one of the owners let us check out the sites and trail to the river. However, we wanted something right on the river and it was a little bit of a walk to gain access to it.

We went back in and said we wanted something along the river and the owner recommended a different campground further down the road. (Which ended up being a great recommendation.) She didn't have to do that. She wasn't greedy whatsoever. That's how businesses should operate. That what makes people want to come back because of little stuff like this. I even offered to buy some firewood because she recommended a different campsite and she told us to get it at the camp in which we were staying.

That's why I'm writing this review because it's hard to find good service like that anymore. Although we didn't stay here, I highly recommend this campground. Great service, very clean, and nice atmosphere.

Great location, nicely restored

Only spent 1 night here in Aug 2019, but it was amazing. The cabin itself is a nicely restored 2 story with kitchen (including gas refrigerator and range) and sleeping space for 6, with folding futon downstairs and 1 full size upstairs across from 2 singles. Nicely fenced in yard gives an extra feeling of security when you hear the bears or wolves at night. There's a nice sized fire ring and plenty of wood in the garage. There was even a bike in the garage. Although unrestored, there are 2 cabins out back, within the yard. One was the original mess hall, and the other was the bunkhouse. Behind those, there's a well made horseshoe tossing area. Gas lights provide plenty of light in the ranger station. Bring your own water and bedding. There's a well kept outhouse, just outside the gated area. Can't wait to return.

Most amazing view

This is an fire lookout that has been converted to accommodate renters. It has panoramic windows with breathtaking views of glacier park and flathead valley. It is well kept and clean, with propane appliances, so there is heat and a stove to cook on as well as propane lamps on the walls inside. Sunsets and sunrises are particularly amazing from this location. I highly recommend waking up before dawn to watch the sunrise over Glacier National Park. The one downside is that the road up can be kind of rough, but any vehicle with decent ground clearance should be able to make it (like a Subaru).

2 Star Campsite. 5 Star Views

If your motto is “Anything for the views”, this campsite is absolutely worth it. The lake just beyond the campground is stunning, with spots to lay out and look either direction for waterfalls and stunning views.

However, the campsite is littered by a SWARM of mosquitoes. It is unlivable, unless you are prepared with endless bug spray and screens and clothes that can cover every square inch of your body. We spent our entire time sprinting between our tents and the water, swatting bugs every step of the way. I wish I had a picture of the bits across my face just to prove the point.

But if you are prepared, or hiking through, a stop down by the lake, where there aren’t any bugs, is well worth the stop!

Greatest Backcountry Campsite There Is

The greatest backcountry campsite I’ve ever been to. This site is pristine! The tent sites are right along the water, the pole is already set up to hang your bear bag and there is a ready-made fire pit with benches to sit on. To top it off, the whole site is clean, easy lake access, and a top notch backcountry shitter.

You are doing it wrong if you don’t brave the cold for a dip in the clear turquoise blue water. I simply can’t praise the site enough.

The only downside is there are a decent number of mosquitoes, so make sure to bring bug spray.