Camping in Mapaville

428 Reviews of 43 Mapaville, Missouri Campgrounds

Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

SE MO state park camping

Loved the trails, facilities and beautiful surrounding area. Just a solo one nighter so can’t really add more.

• hiking
  • hiking
Month of VisitApril
Morgan S.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

The perfect park

We absolutely love this park. It’s just under an hour from St. Louis, with river access, amazing hiking trails & great views. Very clean campsites with lots of shade for tent campers & nice level lots. There is even a swimming pool if the river isn’t your thing & a couple playgrounds…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Fun for families but not our scene

Stayed here two nights mid Labor Day weekend, so it was quite busy, crowded and noisy. The Caverns themselves are a very cool experience but the campground itself isn’t ideal. It’s first come first serve, no designated spots, so some people do end up close to each other.

Jeremy H.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Spacious

Great room between campsites and water hook ups are not too far away. Bring plenty of hose length.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

KOA’s Consistent Goodness

Yes, we all want the latest fancy schmancy. If there are no spots, go to KOA every time for a good campground. They use angles to give more privacy. They have patios and grills and old trees for shade.

• Play button icon
Danielle C.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Quick but peaceful stay

Stayed one night as well drove across the country. Nice peaceful campground tucked back not far from the city. Primitive sites were mostly empty and we had plenty of room. Wish we had more time but I'd stop by again.

• site 68
Catie Z.
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Fun for the whole family!

Our whole (cousins and everyone) met her for a week long vacation and we had a blast. The cabins were clean and the Murphy beds allowed for so much space when we weren't sleeping. We went rafting down the river and the kids had so much fun playing in the woods and swimming. It was a great trip. We…

SiteCabin
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Great KOA

This is our 4th stay at this park. It’s easy to access, spots are level, cell service and WiFi is decent.

SiteA20
Michael H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Slow

I'm confused

• back row chillin
Jamey W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Nice place but rules are a joke

We stopped for the night on our way to Georgia. Booking was easy and price was average. The property itself is beautiful. Spots are intermingled in the trees and it is spectacular in the morning. The pool is better then most hotels and the giant trampoline looked like it would be my daughters…

• pets left out alone and barking early in the morning
  • the highway is super close but it's still extremely beautiful
SiteA4
K
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Bring lots of leveling blocks and don’t expect to sleep well.

Typical Jellystone, lots for kids to do. Really small sites. Tent sites seem fairly flat. I’m in a site for small campers. The site is bowed front to back and not level side to side. You can hear highway traffic all night and the kids hit the playground, right outside my window, at 7:00.

t
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Beautiful place

Love this campground, plenty of space. Nobody right on top of you like most places. Friendly people.

K
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Nice camp sites

Campsites were well-kept, grassy and even leveled. There are clean showers and coin laundry available. (AT&T) Cell reception was good too! A few trails, Mooners Hollow is one I’d suggest. They have ice and firewood at the check in station and staff is super friendly.

Katie B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great First Camping Trip

I took my son here for his first camping trip and it was perfect!

A
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great Campground for the Night

I only stayed at the campground for one night, but it was lovely. I had a tent/car setup. Nice electric and water access, and a picnic table with fire pit. Bathrooms were clean. Just be alert for bears and other interesting animals.