Fremont Hills , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Fremont Hills Camping Reviews
Beautiful pines and atv trails

A bathroom placed near each loop. No water or playgrounds for kids. Nice and quiet offseason.

Gem in Missouri

Lovely spot in Missouri. Passing through to Tennessee and found this gem of a spot with 2 vault toilets, trash and it’s free! Arrived at sunset in a Wednesday and only 2 other campers. There’s about 6 spots to pull in with a camper/ RV then at least 6 tent spots. Most spots have a fire ring and picnic table. 2-3 bars of LTE with AT&T. Little bit of road noise but no issues sleeping in my van. Everyone we came across was kind. No electric or water so come prepared. Closest town for supplies is around 25 minutes. Would definitely stay here again!

Large Lake for Sailing

Nice camping spots, cabins also available. You can rent boats at the marina. Tubing, fishing, kayaking and hiking also available.

Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!