The best RV SITES camping near
Pease , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Pease Camping Reviews
They pretty much are all family there. No drop in camping .

They pretty much are all family there. No drop in camping . weeds are bad n 2 people have drown trying to swim off their beach.

Camping here for 30 years.

I've been camping here since I was a little kid. My family used to host large family camping trips here. Lots of close camp sites for larger groups near the entrance. The further back you go on the road, the more spread out sites get. There are a few walk-in sites that I absolutely love. Show up early on weekends if you want one of the better spots. Pluses: The trails are a lot of fun.. lots to see. The outhouses are kept up well and pump water road side. Minuses: People leave their camps a mess a lot of the time. I usually spend the first hour cleaning up. TONS of poison ivy. Sand fleas.

I still get up once a year, early summer.

Walking in and roadside camping

I've camped here twice, now. Once roadside during hunting season with oranges on and once in December. So far, I enjoy it. Where to start… The roads aren't really kept up for the winter. So, you'll want 4 wheel drive and slow and mindful driving. I walked in for ten minutes from one of the parking spots. I just cleared the snow, built a heat retaining wall, and set up camp in front of it. I did hear wolves for the first time. They were howling after sunset. A little creepy, camping alone. But, i don't suspect they'd come too close.

If you want secluded, minimal camping. This is an okay spot, close to the twin cities.

Great campground!

We loved this campground and this area!

We have site 1 which was right on the lake. We were able to park the camper parallel to the lake which was amazing. Such a beautiful view!

The owners and staff were great. They have a small market and a game room. The resort was clean and well maintained. There is a beach. You can also rent water toys, boats and pontoons. You can also bring your own boat and rent dock space. There are several docks you can fish from if you want.

So much to do in the area and this resort is right in the middle of it all.

Lots to Explore/Learn

I’ll say, one of the best parts of this park is all the interpretative kiosks. Love learning about the forestry and history of state parks!  Also many options for trails which is great. A lot of wildlife here, I heard a ton of coyotes and geese, a woodpecker, and a beaver under the bridge in the evening chomping away at peeling logs… totally scared me at first but he was just doing his job and I tried not to bother him!

I stayed at the backpacking site: SPRING. It’s just a short hike (bout 400 meters)  from the river access where there is a vaulted toilet snd water year-round. The site had a bench overlooking the river and a rugged stair for water access. Also had a little personal rustic toilet just a trail behind the site. Nice and wooded campsite, soft dirt, and fairly spacious! In wet months, I bet it's pretty muddy. The only drawback is that the trail it’s situated on is the hiking club trail and heavily trafficked. I stayed in winter, where you could see through the trees and all that tho. Maybe in summer, it’s more secluded? But still, something to keep in mind.

Took a peek at the campground- some of the most spaced out and wooded sites I’ve seen yet. I like that they made it in separated loops, to avoid through traffic distracting your stay. Love the visitors center, great overlook, and interesting information. By the trail center, which is also very cozy and rents, skis and snowshoes and has a great inside fireplace, there is an interpretative walk about white pines- great for kids to imagine those huge trees! They do a great job aiding the imagination as you walk along the short trail.

Camper cabins here are up on a bluff- didn’t stay there but totes want to! Nicely situated.

Everything that I checked out here was very well managed and they clearly put a lot of time and care into making this park functional, interesting, and accessible. I loved my little backpack site but can’t wait to come back to camp in the summer or rent a cabin! The river is gorgeous, even as it was frozen in winter!

Good stay for a couple days away

It was the spring of 2020 and COVID was just a thing that would soon pass… The family needed a little break from the new daily grid of quarantining in our home. Working and schooling full time from home was a new and somewhat novel thing we were all adjusting too.

Pokegama Lake campground provided a good weekend away from from the Twin Cities. Since social distancing was in place we only talked to the staff on the phone. Check in was efficient and ready for our arrival. Our first site was beautiful and in the trees as requested but the site had our sewer uncomfortably in the front yard of the our new weekend neighbor who was already there. We gave the office a call and they set us up with a pull thru site just across the road without hesitation. Our site was level and the full hookups worked as expected.

We are not golfers but would have taken advantage of the course if we were.

Not much to do in the area but that didn’t dampen our weekend. Not sure we would spend more than a long weekend here.

There was a boat launch across the road for those looking for a place to to get out on the water with their water craft. A good portion of the campground was occupied by seasonal campers. Not currently our cup of tea but it looked it full and busy. There were some sites that were well cared for and some that could use some TLC.

We would camp here again.

Great campground

Nice campground with amenities, pool and water play area for kids. Nice on-site store for any needs. I have a small travel trailer that is self contained so I could reserve spots down by the river. Ability to go tubing down the river. You can even get pizza delivered by the local Chanticlear Pizza!

I give it a 4 star only because twice I ran into the same group of people that thought it was ok to open up their vehicle doors and blast music well into the night. Owner warned them the first time but quiet time isn’t until 11 pm. 2nd trip, I just packed up and left.

Nice for smaller rigs

Nice State Park kind of in the middle of no where. Super easy access and close to Pipestone National Monument. On a nice little lake with prairie views. Don't recommend for larger rigs. We struggled with our 44ft 5th wheel, only one site could fit us and it was tight to get in and out. All in all its not my favorite but a good place to call base and explore Pipestone and even Sioux Falls.

Nice small town RV park

The wood river winds it’s way through this parks south and east campsites, with a lock and dam at the west end making a nice sound of moving water if you can get a campsite near it. ( most of these sites are taken by seasonal campers ) The city park-Memory lake park is adjacent to the park, and their is a local brewery along memory park too, with a large patio and open fire pit as well! All of this within very close walking distance of the park. Nice hiking trail just 4 miles west on hwy 70 on the st croix River. The trail on the north side of hwy 70 is really nice with high cliffs over the st croix River. It’s a 5 mile hike to the end and back to your car. All that for 30 bucks with full hook-ups sounds like winner winner chicken dinner to me!

Nice, but not amazing

We arrived at 2pm on a mid-October Friday afternoon and were shocked to find just two open spots. Our spot was along the side road that cuts through the campground so not on the main loop which I think led to there being fewer cars. Overall, there weren't too many spots that I thought looked amazing, but none of them looked bad either. It felt a little rundown, even by state forest standards, but for us that was fine. The road into the park and within the campground is awful, so especially if you're in an RV or towing a trailer, be prepared to move very slowly. But we had a nice two days, went to the lake/beach area which was maybe a 15-30 minute hike away, and also hiked on the other trails a bit. We have a 3 and 1 year old, so didn't make it far :) I don't know that I feel a need to return to this place, but I was happy with our experience.