Camping in Crown

179 Reviews of 20 Crown, Minnesota Campgrounds

M
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Campground with falls

Nice campground close the cities. This was a large campground with 3 different loops. Loop 200 didn’t have a shower house, will need to use the one in 100 loop. For the size of the campground, it should have 2 dump stations and potable water fill ups. The hiking and falls were great. Good cell…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Algorithms don't make for good customer service!

I made a reservation over 3 months before my stay. When I arrived, I was given a site that backed up to a very busy road. There was also no shade on the site and I was 3 feet or less from my neighbor. Many of the reviews mentioned nice shade trees but not all sites have them. When I asked the owner…

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Great one night stop

Great place to stop and rest when traveling through the twin cities. Great price for full hookup.

SiteA26
k
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Tons of fun and beautiful !

Awesome river sites, friendly staff, 15 minutes to grocery store. Spacious and spread out , with sun and shade. Great atmosphere!

• All set up
  • Hubby fishing in the mighty Mississippi
  • Evening camp fire
SiteM30
A
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

The Meadows.

We stayed in the upper level “The meadows” it was nice and relaxing, each site had a mature tree for shade, there were times when the sun was high that we needed to rely on a canopy, but over all excellent and quiet!. The pool was great and the staff was great! There was security that made rounds…

E
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Meh

Not especially welcoming and a little run down. Our site was nice because we had an end site, otherwise sites are on the small side. The playground could use some revamping and the pool area was closed and looked sketchy. The location was perfect for us, but I doubt we will ever go back.

Kimberly L.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Gorgeous terrrain ! Fun for families!

The camp office was so east and friendly! Well placed sites nestled near lovely walking trails - Very nice water hook ups and electric- well maintained! Loved this Camping Site! Conveniently located between Wisconsin and Minneapolis/St Paul airport .

• Traveling in style in our Dutch Star!
  • walking trails
  • lovely trails
Sitemodern campground
Teek D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Private camping only

Not open to the public anymore.

SiteN/A
Month of VisitOctober
Jaime N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Always a treat

Nature surrounds, spring is a great time to visit too! The birdsong and birding is awesome, nice and quite this May!

Siter7
Amber C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Get A Water View Site!

We went here in 2020 so the amenities were closed and I cannot review that.

The road to get to our water view site (69) was narrow and tricky with the camper but it was worth it for that peaceful view!

There was one night where a bunch of rowdy folks camped and threw their beer cans and trash…

Denny K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Beautiful beach

These sites are spaced very well in the woods Nice horse trails hiking trails fishing is okay no hookups

Alison O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

Dispersed 🏕

One of the few places near the cities that you can camp dispersed! Lots of wildlife, right next to the wildlife nature sanctuary preserve!

Timothy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2021

Great place with Unique amenities.

They have a home made lake that has a sand bottom but it has chlorine like a pool so no weeds. Great for swimming.

Robert B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2021

Camel Trek - Night 3

Stayed here due to its proximity to Minneapolis airport...had an early flight the next morning. Really convenient location. No problems. Facilities were really well maintained. We didn’t see the sites in daylight hours but appreciated the cleanliness of the park. We stayed the last night of their…

Johnny H.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

Camping here for 30 years.

I've been camping here since I was a little kid. My family used to host large family camping trips here. Lots of close camp sites for larger groups near the entrance. The further back you go on the road, the more spread out sites get. There are a few walk-in sites that I absolutely love. Show up…