About Minneopa State Park
Minneopa State Park is located in Minnesota
12 Reviews of Minneopa State Park
Feels a little neglected

After reading all of the wonderful reviews, I was a little underwhelmed. Perhaps it is because we arrived after a rainy period. Many of the sites in the A Loop were flooded or muddy and there was only one site occupied. B Loop was a bit better and there were a few more people there. Some sites in the A Loop overlook the river valley through trees but they are directly over railroad tracks so you will hear loud trains. No flush toilets but for pits (A Loop has sinks and a shower), reasonably clean. However I would not choose sites closeby because the fans are quite loud. Bison viewing road was cool and leads to the rebuilt granary (all that remains from a mill). Waterfall (across the street and about a mile from campground) is nice. Unless you hike the Minnesota River Bluff trail, you could easily see the bison, granary, and waterfalls in half a day, making this good for just a one night stay.

Buffalo park

After Seeing the Buffalo in South Dakota I just had to go see them again somewhere but South Dakota was too far away. Maybe open a state park offers a ton of things to do with seeing the Buffalo along the road

I Love This Place

I have visited here a few times before. However, this time I was able to camp overnight on a trek toward Minneapolis. Another relatively small campground, but well shaded and ample spacing between sites. I unhitched the trailer and immediately headed for the Bison drive. Took a leisurely ride to Seppman Mill and was able to view the buffalo on the return trip. The next morning, I headed out early to geocache 2 other State Parks in the area. Electric sites, fill up your water holding tank and dump your tanks upon leaving. Be sure the enjoy the Minneopa Falls located in another part of the park. Oh yea, the park is split and divided by a highway and a railroad. Just don't miss both the waterfalls and the Bison drive/Mill.

Site 10

Great Park with lots to do

Campgrounds are somewhat private and pretty standard for a state park. the waterfalls are beautiful. The drIve through the bison herd area was really cool! would highly recommend. the hiker’s club trail was mostly prairie and some wooded areas and mostly flat. A really nice park.

Buffalo

Minneopa State Park is located near Mankato, MN. Minneopa is a smaller campground with only 12 sites maybe. They have multiple group camping sites that are secluded. They have a lot of trails. The buffalo are close to the campground and the other half of the state park is about half a mile away. That section has more trails and a large waterfall you can walk down too. It’s all prairie land so easy to walk around.

Rustic

The campsites are very clean and within walking distance to the bathrooms. They also have plenty of room for several people in the sites. The area where the buffalo are is very wild and abundant for them. Lots of other animals are there to roaming around freely.

Many Great Things to See Here

What a great place to camp! There are several beautiful things to see in this park. I actually made 2 trips. Gorgeous waterfall from any and everywhere you view it. Don't miss out! Take the trail down and around to get a lower view of the fall! Hopefully, you are there during a day/time when the Buffalo gate is open. The drive up to Seppman Mill is fabulous! First time I went it was closed, but luck was on my side on my return visit.

Great waterfall

The waterfall brought me here it was awesome my little one loved the adventure. Close to the town of Mankato as well.

Wonderful late night in the Red Fox Loop

We arrived late but our site was marked reserved for us. Signage was good. Site was clean and well laid out.

Park was active but at 10pm everything was quiet and we were the only group with a fire. Not for partiers. Family friendly. Waterfall and buffalo were cool.

June Visit

camp sites are very close together. Hiking circles around a buffalo enclosure, you have to drive to a different area of the park to experience the waterfalls.