The best WALK IN camping near
Lake Victoria , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Lake Victoria Camping Reviews
Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

5 stars for a City park

This is a beautiful city park but no camping is available as far as I can see. There are grills, picnic tables, trails, basketball courts, playgrounds and trails.

Small private quaint rustic place to regroup

Very small area for camping here only 4 rustic sites available no electricity or sewer but a hand pump for water nearby. This is more for daily activities such as base/softball as there are 2 separate fields, 16 horse shoe pits, 9 Soccor fields , nature n’ exercise trail lines by a small stream. This specific park also has a playground structure for the young ones along with misc other pieces of playground things to play on.

Doesn’t seem to have opened this year

As researching different near by campgrounds we came across this one and it looked like it would be great for a family reunion type of group event. Very limited sites in this peaceful piece of property but sites so big you could have multiple families on them. Looking for a different kind of adventure/ venue for a wedding without all the fuss n’ muss I believe this would be well worth looking into

Can’t wait til they open under new ownership

Met the new owners as we were driving by and they gave us a brief description of what they were doing to the grounds to make it more cozy but comfortable as before sites were pretty tight. Adding cabins to their already 8’ish to accommodate additional “glampers” as some of us enjoy a bit more than a tent and or camper OR don’t have a tent/camper. Lake looks big n clean along with activities laid out for the kids outside already can’t wait to see what they put in place next year/ season!

Busy busy busy

Nice family/ Christian campgrounds… ok for those who care not enjoy alcohol beverages while vacationing, great activities set up for the kids. Clean and cautious due to Covid as necessary. Definitely recommend to families w kids that are on the conservative side and would like to keep their faith religiously on sundays with service and etc. As well as always being actively filled. Had my step daughters 8th grade graduations done two years in a row there at their auditorium as well.

Hope next year will be better

Tried getting into the campgrounds via cabin… none were available for any portion of the season. Never been to a KOA before and wanted to see if it would be worth our while to join / membership with them as we have begun to notice they have a lot of amenities listed for several of their locations and actually ended up staying at another one without realizing it until we pulled in as it seems they were just bought out by KOA possibly up by Mt Pleasant. Grounds were kept up ok, Covid precautions taken seriously but considering we weren’t able to stay in a cabin we didn’t enjoy our nights as well as we would of cared to. Next year/ season hoping we either have a nicer camper or can stay in a cabin as well as bring the kids now that we know what is available hopefully Covid will be a thing of the past so all amenities will be open as well. Phone has not had enough space and didn’t save any pics to share unfortunately

What started out w/ us almost 2’ under water .....

Poured down rained while setting up to the point we couldn’t step outta our camper without being up past our knees in water!! Good experience overall, when we first reserved on the phone after searching hours for a campground with weekend availability we decided to take a small drive out to take a better look at it only to find out the main bathroom w/ showers were closed… no shower accessibility whatsoever for the weekend of 95 + degree weather!! Would haven’t even known if I hadn’t looked down at a hand written sign below in their store by the register… once we seen that we continued to ask additional questions as to what they closed due to “COVID”…. They seemed to blame everything they closed on that when in reality I believe they either just didn’t want to take the extra precautions as instructed in the Governor’s orders b/c of extra time = extra pay or if it was all together a staffing issue possibly we were unsure but very disappointed as other campgrounds just stepped their game up and ensured they followed protocol w/ the social distancing and extra cleanliness precautions. BUT once we got over that since they already had our $$ we got there that Friday to have it rain almost all night long 2’ deep water right in front of the door as well as probably close to 6’ diameter. Thankfully it all soaked up and we with the kids had a good time n’ made a lot of fun memories!!

Great Weekend

We had a great weekend even with out Truck or treating. Due to Covid-19. But still able to have a great weekend with family.