Coopersville, MICHIGAN

Camping Michigan Coopersville

Most Recent Coopersville Camping Reviews
If you’re overlanding and just

need a quiet crash the night spot. It’s with ok sized sites. But for $10….. how can you not give this 5 stars. Couple hiking trails and ground to explore and relax after driving all day. Probably wouldn’t recommend any big rigs.

I Love This Park!

I bring the kids to this park every 4th of July weekend, we absolutely love it. I always reserve my site on the Poplar side, due to it having closer access to the lake to swim. Outhouses and water and pump are a bonus. The drive is paved so we always bring bikes for the kiddos! Another added bonus is the hiking trails.

My Favorite campground but it lost its beach

One of the best campgrounds in Muskegon!  Love the trails but it has lost its beach and group camping to the lake levels.  still a place we like to go!

Amazing camp ground!

When we arrived we were a little overwhelmed with how small and close the sites were, but it actually was an amazing experience!

They have very clean bathhouses, the staff is super helpful and friendly, there is a great fire pit, and the grounds are extremely well kept!

There is a small beach walking distance from the site which is perfect for watching the sunset every night over the lake!
Other reviews stated that it was “buggy” but we didn’t experience that. Maybe it depends on the time of year?

We would highly recommend this camp ground! We can’t wait to go back!

Cool Spot to Access Beach

Located adjacent to Lake Michigan, this park has two loops. We stayed at the South loop because nothing else was available…

South loop is prettier with its rolling hills in the dunes: however, it has fewer flat areas for tents and some sites can be overwhelmed by water during heavy thunderstorms… we saw that one night… While we had no issues in site 94A, site 95 was flooded - all their bedding was wet!

North Loop is pretty flat- better for tents. Plus, BONUS: the local ice cream stand is adjacent to the property, meaning you can walk 10 feet from the campground to get ice cream!!!

Dog owners: (which means me!)… the campground allows dogs on leash on its beach. The other state park public areas don’t!

I loved how the beach access area has handicapped accessible overview areas (see my pictures). When I go back, I will definitely bring a chair down there in the morning to hang out, read a book, and embrace the magic of Lake Michigan!

QUIET- that says it all

So many areas are on the roadway… not Pines Point!

Quickly, you will are all the pine trees that earned its name… away from the road - and city/ you won’t hear traffic, and beat of all, you will be able to see the stars!!!

The campground had about 30 sites and a great friendly host couple! Most sites are flat and wooded enough to hang a hammock.

BEWARE: forget anything, and you have a 45 minute to an hour drive to get replacements!

Best part of this area: TUBING!! Yes! You can get in the water, tube about 30 minutes, get out, AND walk 200 yards to get back to your original entry place! YES! We do that many times In a day!

FYI: there is a backcountry where you can camp for free. We used to go there for years; however, now they require you to be in specific sites and the two track roads aren’t in as good of shape.

Upscale All-Family Fun- CLEAN as can be!

Ok… we camp in “backwoods” to all woods…

But, I must say that this place is the most UPSCALE campground I have ever experienced! We are planning our next family reunion to be here!!

Yes, their prices are a bit higher (ranging from $33-37 a night); however, the amenities make up for that 10 fold!!

Amenities include basketball court, playground, horseshoe pits, walking trails, heated pool, etc.

Plus, you can “float” in tubes, kayaks, or canoes (your own or rented) from a launch site two miles away!

We loved just hanging out in the local creek with friends!

We only spent one night there this year, but after meeting people there who were returning for multiple years with extended family, we hope to get our family to “reunion” there in 2021!

(FYI: this campground is the CLEANEST one I have EVER seen. We went into what appears to be put toilets, but they were flush toilets with TILE floors!! They have Multiple “dog poo” bag stations with bags and disposal sites… Bath houses were the best I have ever seen!!!

For Fishers and Shoppers!

Ok. This is a place that I need to be “prepared mentally to visit.”

Located in downtown On Muskegon Lake, this campground is not much; HOWEVER, it offers all the ability to experience much!!!

OK: campground: sites are close, few trees. Some on water. Playground. Dock fishing for kids.

What makes this cool?

My hubby went fishing with a buddy… and I went shopping with my friend, had lunch and drinks in downtown Muskegon, which is about a half mile away (by the bike path). We also “enticed” our men to go back after fishing for dinner and drinks!

COVID-19 comment: city of Muskegon has closed off Western Avenue to allow businesses to expand into outdoor seating! LOVE this! Food trucks are also in the area… but check out the local eats first! They are Awesome!!!

Easy Access to UP

This has easy access to US-2 not far from Saint Ignace; however, right now it doesn’t have guaranteed access to the Big Lake.

With the day beach: picnic area closed due to high water, your only chance to be beachside is to have a camping site in the beach.

The beach side sites are AWESOME; however, please note that they all have stairs. All beach side sites are great for ham-mocking! We “mocked” here for a short night on our way to other ventures!

The sites here have a nice “private” feel, and the campground host is exceptional! (At least in 2020).

CLOSED

Sadly, the Village closed this park last year. They have plans to have the area host a farmers market and community area in a few years (not sure why they closed it years before those plans are implemented). The docks are still available.