the dyrt
No Water Hookups
Lake Michigan Campground at Muskegon State Park is located in Michigan
17 Reviews of Lake Michigan Campground at Muskegon State Park
Great beach, nicely shaded

We stay in this campground once per year with friends. Lots of the sites are slopped, but the extensive canopy provides lots of shade and the beach is exclusively for camper use. Great place to spend time with old friends. Make sure to try the ice cream shop just outside the North end of the park.

Ranger Review: Snapbuds at Muskegon State Park Lake Michigan Campground

Campground Review

Lake Michigan Campground in Muskegon State Park was a great place to pull in for the night. We had ice cream for supper at the adjacent ice cream shop (where they advertised a free cone with your firewood purchase). We pulled in and settled into our cabin with enough time to enjoy sunset over Lake Michigan from the stairs and overlooks along the beach. The campground is well kept and has a nice shady canopy. The sites are fairly large, but there are no shrubs or structures to provide privacy from neighbors. We reserved a camping cabin and found it clean and functional with power, 4 beds (bunks), mini fridge and microwave. The showers were good sized with plenty of hot water, but being beach style, there was a lot of bug access. Expect to shower with some insects. I was a frustrated birder - I could hear the birds but couldn’t pick them out visually since they were all up so high with no low cover. All in all I would say this is a great campground for beach access, better in the cabins or an RV than in a tent since there isn’t much privacy.

Ranger Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to review occasionally. On this trip I had a chance to try out Snapbuds, an earbud detangling system. We received the snapbuds before we left Colorado and used the enclosed guide to get them set up on my earbuds - it was a snap! The instructions say they can’t be repositioned once in place, so we were cautious about setting them up right the first time. I don’t use my earbuds often on road trips since I’m the only driver and I like to listen for birds on a walk - but after a few long days in the car with my kids choosing the playlists, this mamma was super excited to whip my earbuds out! I had them shoved in the back of my purse where we’d been rummaging around for various things over the course of the trip, so they had every opportunity to be a tangled mess - but they came out in a neat little wad and unraveled easily to take me away from the teens fighting over beds. I was pleased with how neat they stayed. My one word of caution is that the magnets really like to stick together, and if you create slack while wearing your earbuds (by bending to pick up a perfect rock or acorn, for instance) they have a tendency to find one another and shorten your cord, potentially dislodging your earbud when you straighten back up.

Clean and woodsy State park.

Looking for a place near Michigan Adventures and this has a great feel to it.

Smitten by the Mitten it

Very generous camp sites, welcoming staff, wooded sites with tall maple tree canopies…down a decked stair case onto the white Sandy beaches of lake Michigan..the adjacent beach is expensive and has the feel of your own private beach.

Relaxing

Relaxing on the beach

Quiet

Quiet close to Lake Michigan and great hiking

big site

we had a large site but other sites were very sloped and would only be good for a tent. short walk to the beach, fairly quiet.

Peaceful

Peaceful

great campground

the host was very friendly and nice.
having access to the beach makes a world of difference, whether you are swimming or staring up in the Stars this is a great Campground to relax at

Beautiful!

This campground is amazing! Great views, nice sites, it doesn't get any better than this!