Agawam, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Agawam Camping Reviews
Favorite place to camp in CT....

Well spaced out lots, you have a lot of privacy, there is a drive in movie theater 10 min away (we always tailgate a movie as tradition) it’s close to a bunch of quaint towns.

One of my all time favorite hikes.

A good old place

My BSA troop has been going here for years to help new scouts learn to camp. It is a very casual site and good for your first trip, you are close to your car and the road in case you need it so no need for a bear bag. I like the sites

Beautiful family campground w/large grassy sites. On the Natchaug River

This campground is so scenic. Surrounded by the Natchaug forest, and adjacent to the Natchaug River. Great activities for everyone.

The best Family campground around

You won’t leave regretting your choice to camp here

Great!

Nice campground, friendly staff, great trails around it. Would come back.

Had no idea it was there!

Stayed in October 2018. Tucked away in the woods I never knew this was there! Beautiful pond and a good mix of seasonal and overnight sites as well as cabins. Plenty of areas to walk our dogs and have them swim. Playgrounds, bath houses throughout and fully stocked camp store with anything you could ever need. Organized events, cafe on site and quick drive (or Uber ride) to Mohegan Sun.

Loved it!!!

Deep in the woods. Great variety of activities. Swimming lake, canoeing lake, pool, playgrounds. Choice of shade in trees or open field. Nice sites. Decent laundry and showers. Great place with kids…..lots of seasonal, but plenty short term. We will be back!!!

It was ok

The group site was nice and secluded. Was not a fan of taps being played every night, gave off a very creepy vibe my kids weren't into. Not much to do. Loved the salamanders though!

Been camping here for years

Pros:

1. You can get a VERY large site that easily fits 3 tents.
  2. The area is lovely and the people in the area are really nice too.
  3. There is a lake across the street where you can paddle, swim, etc… (free to campers)
  4. The showers are free and the water is usually warm.
  5. True, there are cows on the farm hill… but I think that's nice.
  6. If you go during the week the place is a ghost town.

Cons:

1. True, there are skunks and other animals that are residents and they are prolific.
  2. True, the bathrooms are usually unclean, they run out of tissue, there is only 1 shower for the entire bathroom AND they clean them right when people are waking and need to pee (between 7-8).
  3. True, people drive too fast on the road between the campground and lake AND in the campground.
  4. The recycling and garbage truck will wake you around 6-7 am.
  5. I would never camp here on a weekend…. it is a party place then.
  6. True, the people who work there have lots of arbitrary rules (like you may not tie ANYTHING to trees) but they don't follow through on the important ones like drinking and quiet times.

Truly, it's a lovely place but I'm not sure that you couldn't find better. I like Lake Waramaug for a large group during the week… otherwise, I'd pass.

Clean and friendly

Beautiful views, nice hiking trails

A very tired campground. Full of problems and inconsistencies.

This campground changed in the last few years, but not for the better. It is apparent that the manager does not like campers. If you have a tent, you are treated ok, until you violate one of their endless rules. Then they have the police escort you out.. If you have a pop-up or anything above the ground on wheels they make your life miserable and prevent you from camping in the front row where the sites are larger, level, and have a lake view. Bathrooms are dirty and uncared for, toilet paper is non-existent in the afternoon. Alcohol is not allowed but is poorly enforced. Quiet hours are not enforced. Two cars per site is not enforced. Loud Boomboxes are the norm. People using the lakeside state park walk through your campsite to go use the campground bathroom and showers - hence the toilet paper issue in the bathroom. Unfortunately, some of those day picnickers think your stuff is free for the taking. NEVER LEAVE YOUR STUFF UNGUARDED. The numerous skunks are an unwelcomed camp amenity. Watch your children, cars go racing through the campground! If you are looking for stress free and peaceful, this is not the place. It is party central on the weekends.The staff leaves at random times, either 3 pm, 5 pm or 9 pm and then you are on your own. But don't worry, there is a sometimes functioning emergency phone outside the camp office. Oh yes, and there is no cell service in that area. Have fun. But I'm not going back. Are you sure you want to camp here?

Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

No longer open

I called once to make a reservation and was told they shut down operations years ago.

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Clean

Decent campground. Sites are spaced out. No really good swimming area, unless you go to the other side of the lake to the public swimming area. Bathrooms are kept pretty clean. Campsites are large and are spaced well apart. We like going here.

Wells State Park

I was very pleasantly surprised by this Park, just tucked away off of Route 49 in Sturbridge. While I didn’t get to explore the entire grounds, I was impressed with how beautiful and shaded the Park was and all the trails it had to offer. Plus, it is practically down the road from Treehouse Brewery, near Sturbridge Village, Hyland Orchard and countless other community amenities.

It is absolutely lovely in the fall, especially on the water at the campers’ beach. Quite calm and scenic. Site 2, right nearby, is a great spot. Fairly large and literally feet away from the beach.

Campground with activities

The campground is connected to an adventure/outing company that provides white water rafting, tubing and other water activities on a nearby river. It’s close to where locals jump off outcrops into the lazy river and hang out on the river side. They don’t allow fired at the campsites though which is annoying and their quiet hours are quite oppressive.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

A rural family campground near Barre, MA

We stayed in Coldbrook twice, one on Violet and once on Daisy, both times in June for the Spartan Race. The guests were split between weekend warriors and hard-core seasonals. The roads were all dirt and the initial drive down into the campground is very steep. The amenities are nice, with a 9 hole golf-course, a nice pool and splash zone, a game room, playground, and covered picnic area. Both times we stayed in a tent. Overall, I prefer the Daisy loop because we were farther removed from the main camping area. The second time when we camped at Violet it was next to the playground and the picnic area, and although these were extremely convenient, I would take sleep any day. Quiet hours were not even remotely enforced and drunken partying went into the wee hours of the morning. Otherwise, the campground was ok. The bathrooms and showers were decent. The events that we attended were nice. However, I do not believe I would stay here again.

Great campground, though hard to find

Savoy mountain campground is a very nice state park camp, but don’t rely on gps to get you there it will put you on the wrong end of the park in the middle of a rural neighborhood. The park is so hard to find that not even a cell signal can get there, if your looking to unplug this is a great spot!Use the directions provided on the website, they are far more reliable. Very clean park, convenient clean restroom/shower building and helpful staff. There are RV sites and there is a dump station/potable water fill station available at the park entrance, but no RV hook ups of any kind. Sites are spacious and many shaded sites have decent privacy though open field sites are also available, bear boxes are provided at each site as this is black Bear country. Ample hiking to be done in the park and you can access the Mohawk trail right from the campground, the Appalachian trail and Mt Greylock is a short drive away.

Friendly, helpful

Staff was very nice, adequate amenities. Very little privacy between campsites even in wooded areas. A smaller operation with a high percentage of seasonal residents. They do seem to offer some interesting activities for kids with weekend fire engine rides, a gem panning center, seemingly well maintained playground/pool and a small haunted house for October. Not fancy but very functional and a convenient location for us, we will visit again.

Great campsite on the farmingtom

Awesome campgrounds that makes you feel your truly out of Connecticut

Great place for opening day of trout

Small little campground located in an amazing a beautiful park. Go here every spring for opening day of fishing season and camp the entire weekend.

Jug End Campground, Great Spot for Section Hikers and All.

Great spot, I have section hiked the majority of the east coast AT and this is in my top 10 spots to stay at. Trash cans, but carry out is preferable.

Fantastic spot, right near water. 12 platforms available.

Near non-potable stream, no fires allowed, bathroom is fine, bear boxes available. 50 feet between platforms. Right over the border of CT into MA on the Appalachian Trail. Great spot, highly recommend.

Perfect location central in Connecticut

This place is off Route 9 in Connecticut on the east side of the Connecticut River (major RT 9 highway is on west side). You need to cross the river via bridge to Goodspeed Opera house and past to get to the RV campground. Nearby attractions are Gillette Castle and Goodspeed Opera. The campground itself is realy nice. Cable TV at most sites. Only electric 30 or 50A, and water; but there are a few dumpstations around in the camp. Very peaceful. There are activities on Friday and Saturday (like Bingo). Great store with extended hours. The camp staff will help you with anything. Really long or tall RV will need to stay close to the front of the campground, as typical older campground is not designed for 40 foot long or 10 foot high campers.

Weekend Backpacking

This site is just south of the Bear Mtn summit. You can park at the Undermountain Trailhead area. Once you hit the AT go to the right and it goes to the summit. From the summit it was a left and another mile or so. You will run into the Brassie Brook shelter lean-to. It's a pretty great little site for being in the middle of nowhere like we like. The lean-to fit our small tens, and there is a picnic table. There's also a bear box near by. Room to camp your tent on the ground too if you wanted to or had more ppl along. Our trip was sadly cut short because we were freezing and it was raining a lot LOL but hey it's part of the experience. The fall views made it worth it. We did have some sun spots at least throughout the trip. Great weekend overnight backpacking.

Moderate Hike to a super nice camp area

My friends and I did this as an overnight hike, just so we could take our time getting there and enjoy the summit. It's a pretty short hike from the parking area up to the site. I'd guess under two miles, which parts can get quite steep. We brought our dogs as well.

All the sites were lined up down a pretty straight road, on both sides of the road. You can evidently drive up there too but what fun is that? The bathrooms were huge, and had a water pump outside of them or near by. Every site had a picnic table as well which is nice. Lots of trees so we could easily put tarps up over our tent and table. There is a trail at the far end of the camp area, leading to the summit we took after setting up our base.

I loved the trail going up from the camp area, lots of cool picture perfect areas. Nice variety of terrain. The dogs loved it. There were a few spots we had to cross the road where people drive up to the summit. Once we got up there it was more commercial than expected, but cool none the less. You still feel a sense of accomplishment at having hiked up. On the plus s side, there is a small restaurant. If it's rainy or you don't feel like camp cooking have at it!

Views at the top are of course breathtaking for the nature lovers (like us) out there! A bit crowded for my liking but hey, it's crowded because it's awesome. The hike back down to our site seemed to take no time at all. We refilled our water bottles from their hand water pumps (can be a workout!). Abundance of camp wood was already sitting at our site, not sure if that is normal or someone else was cool and left it. We had a great evening, and hiked out in the morning after breakfast. Overnight, we heard owls! All the camp areas looked nice, room for tents and hammocks. Hope to go again before I'm too old to carry all the gear LOL.