Adams, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Adams Camping Reviews
Favorite place to camp in CT....

Well spaced out lots, you have a lot of privacy, there is a drive in movie theater 10 min away (we always tailgate a movie as tradition) it’s close to a bunch of quaint towns.

Cute, clean. People are super friendly. Kind of noisy.

This is a cute campground biking distance from Brattleboro.

The store and ice cream are cute, prices are very reasonable. Staff is fantastic and friendly.

The mini-golf course is in kind of rough shape, ask for a few extra balls because a few holes are going to eat them.

Main detractor is the neighbor blares really terrible music at obnoxious volume for about 16 hours a day. Get a site as far in the back as possible to get away from the noise.

Great!

Nice campground, friendly staff, great trails around it. Would come back.

It was ok

The group site was nice and secluded. Was not a fan of taps being played every night, gave off a very creepy vibe my kids weren't into. Not much to do. Loved the salamanders though!

Very clean

All kinds of sites

Clean and friendly

Beautiful views, nice hiking trails

New owners

The new owners have turned this forgotten campground around. They made a lot of upgrades and you get unbelievable WiFi connection. I stayed there last Fall right before they closed for Winter. All hookups were turned off but water was still available at the office. Just be careful with your GPS do not take Quarry Road!

No longer open

I called once to make a reservation and was told they shut down operations years ago.

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Mix of nice tent sites and an RV area

I stayed right on the river in site 14 with a small popup. The river is beautiful and the site was huge. We did some fishing and swimming. I get the feeling the other end of the campground with the RVs is not as nice and can be loud, but you can avoid it by staying on the tent side.

Our favorite

Beautiful campground. Lush grass meadows. 2 rivers intersect in the campground. Most sites are on or just off the river. Huge volleyball and sports meadow. Nice pavilion. There is a small group of camp sides with electricity and water but most sites have none. The bathrooms are clean. Where the two rivers intersect is a nice sport to put your feet in the water. Kids enjoy tubing the small rapids. We go for 2 weeks most every summer.

Old, outdated.

Campground is city owned. Very rundown. City is evaluating the site now to decide whether or not to close it.

Love the nature aspect, not keen on the sites

You're surrounded by beauty here, but you may also be surrounded with neighbors. The sites offer little privacy even though they're spaced well. The lean-to's are a great amenity but I expected more mature landscaping to offer privacy. Still, we did one of the little hikes and ended at a viewpoint. My kind of place for a day trip more-so than a camping trip but if you don't mind the openness in a small campground then there's not really another downside. In addition, Brattleboro is nearby. Enjoy nature and the views and don't forget the bug spray!

Campground with activities

The campground is connected to an adventure/outing company that provides white water rafting, tubing and other water activities on a nearby river. It’s close to where locals jump off outcrops into the lazy river and hang out on the river side. They don’t allow fired at the campsites though which is annoying and their quiet hours are quite oppressive.

Comfortable, clean, great for stargazing

This campground was one of the best I’ve been to. They have both platform and dirt tent sites, all sites come equipped with fire pits. The bathrooms and showers are clean and the water stayed hot until the last weekend of the season (Oct 12-14, 2018) which was when we were there. The campground has a lake with boat rentals. Late night, stargazing over the lake is a great pastime, because the water is calm and the light pollution is low.

The town of Hudson is also close by if you’re looking to get some of the comforts of a town while you’re out and about.

Great campground, though hard to find

Savoy mountain campground is a very nice state park camp, but don’t rely on gps to get you there it will put you on the wrong end of the park in the middle of a rural neighborhood. The park is so hard to find that not even a cell signal can get there, if your looking to unplug this is a great spot!Use the directions provided on the website, they are far more reliable. Very clean park, convenient clean restroom/shower building and helpful staff. There are RV sites and there is a dump station/potable water fill station available at the park entrance, but no RV hook ups of any kind. Sites are spacious and many shaded sites have decent privacy though open field sites are also available, bear boxes are provided at each site as this is black Bear country. Ample hiking to be done in the park and you can access the Mohawk trail right from the campground, the Appalachian trail and Mt Greylock is a short drive away.

Friendly, helpful

Staff was very nice, adequate amenities. Very little privacy between campsites even in wooded areas. A smaller operation with a high percentage of seasonal residents. They do seem to offer some interesting activities for kids with weekend fire engine rides, a gem panning center, seemingly well maintained playground/pool and a small haunted house for October. Not fancy but very functional and a convenient location for us, we will visit again.

Great campsite on the farmingtom

Awesome campgrounds that makes you feel your truly out of Connecticut

Jug End Campground, Great Spot for Section Hikers and All.

Great spot, I have section hiked the majority of the east coast AT and this is in my top 10 spots to stay at. Trash cans, but carry out is preferable.

Fantastic spot, right near water. 12 platforms available.

Near non-potable stream, no fires allowed, bathroom is fine, bear boxes available. 50 feet between platforms. Right over the border of CT into MA on the Appalachian Trail. Great spot, highly recommend.

Really fun place to stay

Great for families and a lot of hiking and great places to see. Well worth the trip there!

A great place for families and friends.

A great wooded location. On the river. Lots of great hiking trails.

Weekend Backpacking

This site is just south of the Bear Mtn summit. You can park at the Undermountain Trailhead area. Once you hit the AT go to the right and it goes to the summit. From the summit it was a left and another mile or so. You will run into the Brassie Brook shelter lean-to. It's a pretty great little site for being in the middle of nowhere like we like. The lean-to fit our small tens, and there is a picnic table. There's also a bear box near by. Room to camp your tent on the ground too if you wanted to or had more ppl along. Our trip was sadly cut short because we were freezing and it was raining a lot LOL but hey it's part of the experience. The fall views made it worth it. We did have some sun spots at least throughout the trip. Great weekend overnight backpacking.

Moderate Hike to a super nice camp area

My friends and I did this as an overnight hike, just so we could take our time getting there and enjoy the summit. It's a pretty short hike from the parking area up to the site. I'd guess under two miles, which parts can get quite steep. We brought our dogs as well.

All the sites were lined up down a pretty straight road, on both sides of the road. You can evidently drive up there too but what fun is that? The bathrooms were huge, and had a water pump outside of them or near by. Every site had a picnic table as well which is nice. Lots of trees so we could easily put tarps up over our tent and table. There is a trail at the far end of the camp area, leading to the summit we took after setting up our base.

I loved the trail going up from the camp area, lots of cool picture perfect areas. Nice variety of terrain. The dogs loved it. There were a few spots we had to cross the road where people drive up to the summit. Once we got up there it was more commercial than expected, but cool none the less. You still feel a sense of accomplishment at having hiked up. On the plus s side, there is a small restaurant. If it's rainy or you don't feel like camp cooking have at it!

Views at the top are of course breathtaking for the nature lovers (like us) out there! A bit crowded for my liking but hey, it's crowded because it's awesome. The hike back down to our site seemed to take no time at all. We refilled our water bottles from their hand water pumps (can be a workout!). Abundance of camp wood was already sitting at our site, not sure if that is normal or someone else was cool and left it. We had a great evening, and hiked out in the morning after breakfast. Overnight, we heard owls! All the camp areas looked nice, room for tents and hammocks. Hope to go again before I'm too old to carry all the gear LOL.

very sandy. Not much to do at campground but kayak

Had a event at this campground.. was ok, very sandy not much in way of amenities. close to Albany though

Everything I wanted in a site

It has the usual beautiful pines, marked trails and brooks in the area. Enough people around so you aren't lonely but still have your privacy and space. Absolutely beautiful area that feel untouched by the surrounding population.

great campground but a bit isolated

The grounds were beautiful! nice clean restrooms and showers, a few playgrounds, and nice trails. Only downside for us was bad phone signal and everything seemed far away, like Walmart was an hour away!

Overnight challenging hike

This was one of my favorite all time hiking/camping experiences.My friends and I were doing this as an overnight hike. We actually started this hike in by Race Brook Falls area, and ended it where the GPS coordinates are noted. See the map in my photos marked with yellow lines. Basically left a car where we were ending the hike, and took another car with everyone crammed in to the Race Brook Falls parking lot which off Route 41 in Sheffield, Massachusetts.

We began by making the hike up Mount Race. No matter where you start, you'll be hiking on some of the steepest parts of the Appalachian Trail in the northwestern Connecticut and southwestern Massachusetts. On the way up you will see signs for Race Brook Falls; its pretty beautiful and worth a day hike if you aren't camping or whatnot. The entire hike to the top is pretty hard, but worth it.

The views once you get up there are nothing short of stunning and there is a short section of trail that that's really the kind of spot that makes you go "This is why I hike!". There's a sheer drop-off of hundreds of feet spreading out into a massive valley scene below. We then headed to the direction of Sages Ravine. It was a few hours later before we made it to Laurel Ridge Campsite. My friends used the platforms, I had a hammock.

I don't think you are supposed to make a fire, but am not sure. There was a fire pit there so we used it at night because it was pretty cold in the 50s and down to 40s late at night (this was OCT). There is an outhouse a ways from the camping area. There is also a bear box near that if you bring a padlock you can use it.

The next morning we headed down Sages Ravine (awesome!) and towards/past Bear Mountain onto Undermountain Trail. This was overall no easy hike in any way, so if you are not in moderate shape I would not recommend this to you. If you hike normally, and do some cardio like spin class or something regularly, try the day hike first. Then move on to the overnight. Good luck and enjoy!

Not impressed

Clise and easy access to the deerfield, either for tubing or whitewater, but noisy campground close to the main road, not tent friendly. It has a loud bar with loud people coming and going at odd hours right at the entrance of the campground. Not easy to sleep here.