Adams, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent Adams Camping Reviews
Small, Quiet, Cute!

Hawes is one of the few campgrounds in CT that's dog friendly. The sites are nice and large, with room for trailers, and they also have a few cabin sites as well.

There is access to the Farmington River from the campground for your fishing and paddling pleasure.

In the summer, this place is mosquito central, so bring lots of bug spray or be eaten alive!

The camp office only sells ice and firewood, but there's a Stop and Shop nearby, as well as a couple of general stores.

Last but not least - no cellphone service, which is either a good or bad thing, depending on how you feel about it.

Neighborhood Camping

A clean and for the most part quiet camp spot. However it is near an electrical plant that has a hum all day & night—makes for great white noise when sleeping.

There is a road that seems to house construction vehicles that were busy going by early evening and early morning.

The park is great if you are traveling and need to pull off the interstate to rest your head and get a shower. The bathrooms were very clean.

The staff were all incredibly nice and helpful. I felt safe in this campground.

The photos people posted are deceiving as they are taken from other places and not right in the campsite.

I would stay here again when passing through but would not make it a multi day stay.

Peace and Quiet

Stayed in a campsite near the road and the brook. It was clean and quiet. The road was right next to the site, but most drivers were respectful and drove slow.

The bathrooms and showers were phenomenal. A treat at the end of the day to take a shower before crawling in.

I appreciated that this state park had pockets of campsites and group sites. We were not all in one place.

The weekdays seem quieter than the weekends.

Beautiful lake

First time staying there. Two tents allowed per site, no alcohol although no one checked. No water or electricity at the sites. You park & walk in but they provide carts. You have to buy firewood from them. Canoe, kayak & padddleboard rental available. Showers & bathrooms by the parking area. Lots of islands & places to explore on the lake. Buggy in June so bring your repellent. Dogs allowed…that’s all I got for now :)

Great for all the family

Nice clean well run campground. Entertainment all weekend with lots of staff. Play areas, pool over 21 bar area bands etc. well worth a visit and close to berkshires

Great VT state park

Very clean, quiet and well-managed state park. Exactly what I’ve come to expect from the VT State Park campgrounds. The prime tent locations book quickly but those are definitely the ones to go for, as they have private access to the water. Otherwise you have to go around the lake/reservoir to swim. Firewood is very good; $6/bundle and ice for $2/bag. Helpful staff.

Nice Local Spot

Plenty of amenities. Many types of sites to choose from. The showers could be more convenient. The first site they offered us has a tree growing in the middle of it, which really should be cut down to allow access. The site we moved to was better. However, Saturday night a large overnight party arrived, set up speakers and played loud music for most of the evening. So much for a peaceful camping trip.

Quiet family friendly

Our family loves this campground. We come here for softball and they are so accommodating. Plus the have an amazing Ice cream stand. I will post a video of their back field. My daughters always make me hit softballs to them here. Here is a brief fly over and a couple photos. Plus one of me chasing my son with my drone.

Great small boating area!

Clean open and level camping areas. Prime areas are near the water some what elevated but you are able to drag your boat through on paths. Ice and firewood sold at $6.00 a bundle and it is Kiln dried so it burns fast. If it is windy I would move away from the water. Staff was young but were pleasant and accommodating and will deliver wood and ice. Great biking on paved areas.

I absolutely love this place

I’ve gone here 3 times in 2 years and my kids love it can’t wait to go bAck I hear they built a mini golf course

Delightful

This place is pretty awesome. They have an ice cream shop attached to their office/store, mini golf just outside of it too. There is an amphitheater for concerts and shows throughout the summer. RV Spots, tent camping spots, a dog park, badminton, basketball, horseshoe, shuffleboard, the works. The bathrooms are beautifully redone and clean. The laundry room is pretty good too. Its close to Brattleboro and Putney and just across the border to New Hampshire. I'd most definitely stay again when I'm in the area. The other guest were very nice and we could also have packages delivered.

Cosy, comfortable, quirky, chilled

We were passing through Connecticut and needed a place to crash. Loved this campsite! Very chilled and secluded in your own site. I liked that it felt like a litrle community but still quotr private. They provide ice and firewood which is cool. Loved our camp site, lots of trees around too. Was very buggy so bring bug reppelant! Hot showers were fab and they have water and toikets too. Very easy to drive too as well snd friendly staff on site avail till 6pm. Great spot. Liked that the toilets were close from every site!

Nice and clean, friendly staff.

I was here 2 nights. Wasn’t able to make the check in time, wasn’t a problem. They left a envelope on the office door with directions that led right to my site. Bathrooms are clean and nice with hot water. Our site was nice and big and shaded. Overall great campground.

It's an ok place

This is Massachusetts largest state park with 16,127 acres. The campground is small and the sites are close together. There are three levels with RV at the bottom with a bathroom, the tent sites are on the next level with a bathroom, and the three yurts are on the top level with a little bit of a walk to the bathroom. The park was very clean as it just opened up for the season. The bathrooms were also very clean. The showers (one in each bathroom for each sex) were free. The assistant at the check-in station was very pleasant and nice. He told us that the park gets busy with Tanglewood (summer home of the Boston Pops) near by. My wife loved the town of Lee and everyone was very nice. The kids had a great time riding their bikes around the campground and going on hikes. Other than that there really wasn't much to do at the campground. The one thing that I can confirm about other reviews is that there is a constant hum from a power transfer substation across the street from the campground. We didn't find it that annoying. We camped at October Mountain State Forest in a Travel Trailer.

Camp site No. 11

Def the best campsite in the area very secluded in comparison to the other sites available. Originally booked site No. 9 but when we got there the park ranger was awesome and let us switch last second. Trails are right near the sites so def scope out your spot before purchase. Has a full shower/bath and sink for washing very well kept and water pump rnot to far from the site. Every site has a huge bear box and some sites you can park on but not all sites.

Loved it.

Exactly what you need for car camping. Extremely friendly staff with a nice swimming area. Must buy wood on premise which can be tricky when you have a late arrival. Probably the cleanest bathrooms I’ve ever used at a state park.

Dated

My husband I camped here for a weekend getaway and we wanted hookups being it was Columbus Day Weekend. This is a parking lot with grass. The Men’s room was so disgusting that my husband refused to use it, actually he couldn’t ( there is a camper who is a dirty bird) which is not a good first impression. This is a residential park with older travel trailer residences. There was a nice back field area. The shower houses and toilets are very dated. I like to proximity to the city of North Hampton. We had great meals in town. The staff here is great, the other campers were nice. They had a Halloween/trick or treat night, fire truck rides it’s very kid friendly. We didn’t like being right on top the other rvs, our sewer pipe was in front of my neighbors picnic table. There was 30/50 amps, water and electric and WiFi! This campground is “in the country” plenty is sightseeing and hiking opportunities in the area.

Not a KOA now

Good place. They weren't completely ready for Memorial Day. Extreme cancelation policy.

I go every year!

Me and my friends get a group site at least once a year. It's an amazing place with really great staff that care about the safety of everyone and keeping the areas clean. We always have an amazing time here. The views are great and we have never had any issues.

First time I went it was intimidating because I had never camped in an all tent camping site with no running water or public restroom areas. However, as soon as I got acclimated, I loved it. There are outhouses stationed at different areas all around, and bear boxes for every group. There are bears around so use the boxes seriously.

There are a number of rivers and little waterfalls that are always nice to visit. I plan to go there again very soon!

Great weekend in Jamaica !

Clean well kept level areas! Staff was friendly! Great hiking or biking along the West River!

No dispersed camping.

tried to just do the check boxes but it wouldnt let me submit without a bunch of dates i dont know.

Favorite place to camp in CT....

Well spaced out lots, you have a lot of privacy, there is a drive in movie theater 10 min away (we always tailgate a movie as tradition) it’s close to a bunch of quaint towns.

Cute, clean. People are super friendly. Kind of noisy.

This is a cute campground biking distance from Brattleboro.

The store and ice cream are cute, prices are very reasonable. Staff is fantastic and friendly.

The mini-golf course is in kind of rough shape, ask for a few extra balls because a few holes are going to eat them.

Main detractor is the neighbor blares really terrible music at obnoxious volume for about 16 hours a day. Get a site as far in the back as possible to get away from the noise.

Great!

Nice campground, friendly staff, great trails around it. Would come back.

It was ok

The group site was nice and secluded. Was not a fan of taps being played every night, gave off a very creepy vibe my kids weren't into. Not much to do. Loved the salamanders though!

Very clean

All kinds of sites

Clean and friendly

Beautiful views, nice hiking trails

New owners

The new owners have turned this forgotten campground around. They made a lot of upgrades and you get unbelievable WiFi connection. I stayed there last Fall right before they closed for Winter. All hookups were turned off but water was still available at the office. Just be careful with your GPS do not take Quarry Road!

No longer open

I called once to make a reservation and was told they shut down operations years ago.

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.