Camping in Pineleigh

Charles S.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Not worth the money

We paid $675 for 8 days It was to include W,E,S, and cable

Electric went out 3 times, once for over 24 hrs. It was in the high 90° The sewer consisted of a storage tank less than 10 ft from our picnic table. It stunk. There was no cable Site was unlevel and poorly maintained The pool was shut down…

L
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Quiet Camping

This camp ground is a small campground and very quiet. Right in the middle of Amish Country. Owners are very helpful.

• Always has beautiful sunsets!
Laure D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Perfect setting to relax

We stayed in July on site 235. When we arrived, our first thought was “Wow, these sites are narrow!” Fortunately, backing in was fairly easy. Some sites would’ve been more difficult. Site pads are 25’-55’. Most sites had room for just one vehicle. Overflow parking was in the front of the…

• 235
  • back of 235
  • boat launch area
Mary F.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great place easy in and out

Owners were very nice place was very clean. We wish we would have had more blocks so we could have leveled our camper a bit more, but that was our first time camping in this trailer

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Bad weekend great location

We got there and it was amazing the location is great the only downside of our experience was that it rained the entire weekend. But everything else was great!

Siteloop A site 13
s
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Stay

My family and I have camped here many times. The camp hosts are very friendly and will answer any questions. There are plenty of activities all around the area for all ages. There are activities inside the campground as well. Not far from convenience stores and general stores (Walmart). There is a…

SiteA28
R
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great river view hike, close to DC

Had a great weekend trip here, close to DC and Delaware. Wonderful hiking trails with river views. Only caveat- got pretty muddy since it rained the day before and our site didn’t have a tent pad. Firewood and minimal supplies available at the check in.

Christy M.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful and clean, with friendly staff!

My husband and I have stayed at Elk Neck twice. It’s a great campground with lots of different loops to choose sites from. The bath houses are very clean, and the folks responsible for their upkeep are great. There are sinks for washing dishes outside the bathhouses, making cooking cleanup very…

L

Love this park

We stayed for a week at Cherry Hill. It’s clean, quiet (unless you back up to 95 then you can hear traffic at tonight). Easy access to the metro to visit DC. Beautiful hiking in the area.

N
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Extremely clean, friendly, and relaxing

We tent camped there two years ago,  at one of their premium sights ( totally worth the extra $) I grew up camping and had never been at a campground that was this clean. I mean the bathrooms were pristine at all times. ( I actually felt bad when a moth flew in with me the one night because there…

SThe Dyrt PRO User

Quiet

Excellent place to kayak Nice sites

Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Crowded and just ok

The campground and park are ok. Nothing to write home about. A lake for kayaking and a beach in the summer.

Month of VisitNovember
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nice campground, beautiful area

The campground is pretty big and you can find any spot you are looking for. There are great trails I the area along the river and in the woods.