Adelphi, MARYLAND
Most Recent Adelphi Camping Reviews
Well run, Well Maintained

Good range of options, ranging from Virgin Woods, to primitive sites, to cabins. Great staff.

Good time

Was great not to have to really worry about anything because you are securely on post. I forgot all about revielle 🤣. They reminded me

Great little spot close to dc, waterfront

Had a great time here with my 3 year old daughter. I would give it 5 stars if it had a camp store. Bring fire wood and all other essentials.

Love it so far

We are staying here now and enjoying our time. It’s true glamping with yurts, cabins, multiple pools, a hot tub and mini golf. We are staying in the cabin sides and enjoying it.

Great resort-style cabin for “glamping!”

Well-appointed, semi-rustic cabins set in Catoctin Mountain. Not far from the Wm. Houck lake area and trailhead to Cunningham Falls.

Our cabin came equipped with A/C and heat, full kitchenette, fireplace, screened in porch, and firepit area (including wood and fire starters!) with seating and picnic table.

Ole Mink Farm is very resort-like with a central pool and clubhouse. They also offer various activities — mainly on weekends — like cornhole tournaments and campfire gatherings.

And I can’t say enough about the customer service!! They take hospitality to whole new levels! We ran into a couple personal snags on our trip, and they were so accommodating. Even when my Mom got sick, they checked in on us and asked about her by name. What a wonderful group of owners!

If you want to “glamp,” I would HIGHLY recommend this place!

Amaaaazing

Great campground and staff! Staff even came and opened up the firewood for me after their 7pm cut off when I called the “emergency” number. Always quiet and peaceful. Third time staying there!

Avoid if you are 40 feet

Owner mislead me about being able to park my 40 foot Newmar and trailer. Very tight with over crowds trees. No cable, out of date and roads are in poor shape. I canceled my reservation after meeting the owner and viewing the campground.

So much space

I stayed at Cuningham Falls State Park a few weeks ago and the campground was very good with lots to do hikes, swimming etc. But last night I stayed at same state forest but 4 miles away the Cunningham Falls State Park Manor Area.  I haven't seen this much space between campsites in a long time.  The place was clean, paved roads, great price and very quiet.  If you have kids or like to talk to other people go to the original campground but if you perfer quiet and your own little piece of the woods go to the Manor Area.  It was August 1st and the bugs were minimal and there is a visitor station and aviary but I wasn't able to see them.

Tall hickory and gum trees, birds, butterflies and squirrels.

Angled pull-thru paved sites makes setting up easier. Nice pool about half shaded in the morning. Friendly staff.

Good for kids

Nice spot with plenty to do with a little one. Train, carousel, fishing.

Very nice staff and clean facilities. Water park is great.

Perfect!

Perfect site for the family or if you just want to be out for the night. The hike to the falls is not too far and the lake is nearby too. Really close to Route 15 so you can grab everything you need on the way or run out really quick if you forgot something!

Clean

Tight spots but very big and clean park. Great for camping if u want to go into Washington DC.

Actually a 10!!!

This is a campers dream site.  Everything you can think of is offered here.  You have to check their website to see all.  This is the closest site to Washington DC.  Great location with access to all forms of transportation.  Store fully stocked to include groceries.   Two pools. Hot tub.   Play areas to include a game room and miniature golf.  Pets are pampered here.  Even dog walking service available.

Ranger Review: LiquidI.V. Hydration Multiplier at Final-Lee Here Campground

CAMPGROUND REVIEW: Nestled within the beautiful greenery of Huntingtown, Maryland, this campground offers heart, scenery, and access to numerous adventures. The grounds are a short drive to Washington D.C. parks and museums, as well as the Chesapeake Beach Water Park, or North Beach's beautiful new pier and Friday night Farmers Market including local art vendors and food trucks. Kings Landing Park is just a few minutes from Final-Lee Here, which offers hiking and equestrian trails, picnic areas, disc golf, swimming pool, fishing, and a launch for kayaks, canoes, or paddle boards.

Final-Lee Here Campground offers its own beauty. As a long planned and awaited dream coming true, Connie and Ken Lee are using their gorgeous property to harbor a love for the outdoors in their family as well as those who visit. The land is well groomed with grassy, shaded tent sites, RV sites, tall, privacy-offering bamboo, evergreens (it's a tree farm), and forested trails to a soothing, water-trickling creek.

The campground has several tent sites, and some are big enough to hold multiple tents for bigger gatherings. Sites offer tables, chairs, and a fire pit. Hot showers are available in a very nice outdoor tent set up. A potty chair, along with wet wipes and trashbags are available for use, or you can just use the outdoorsman's method ;). The Lees gave us plenty of firewood, offered dry wood after storms came through, and even offered to bring us fresh eggs from their chickens. (The rooster brought smiles as it welcomed our mornings with hearty salutes.) There is a small zip line for kids and you may request games such as cornhole, horseshoes, or Yardzee to play. The Lees also rent and transport single and double kayaks or canoes to Kings Landing for a minimal fee.

On Friday, my teenage daughter and I took a trip to the Chesapeake Beach Water Park (I would recommend this for younger children, checking the internet for discounts) and we cruised the North Beach antique shops, pier and farmers market. Saturday was well planned for adventure, but out-of-the-blue storms hit hard. After breakfast, we kayaked the river and creek through beautiful marshlands where we saw caterpillars walk on water, a heron and bald eagles soaring above, turtles, a cove where thousands of tadpoles were amidst metamorphosis (having both tails and legs) scampering through and atop the water, and a multitude of dragonflies. We stopped at a Kings Landing dock, hydrated ourselves and ate our packed lunch. Dark clouds began rolling in and we paddled back to the boat launch, texting the Lee's to meet us for boat pick up. We had planned to hike and swim while at the park, but instead headed for our tent during the storm surges. Once the storms passed, we adventured onto the campground trails. One trail, though very well groomed, was steep, heading to the creek. We avoided it due to the wet conditions, and found other trails leading to the creek which were easier to maneuver. The creek was so peaceful. I would have loved to have more time here just taking it all in, but evening and another storm came upon us.

I highly recommend this campground based on its heart and available opportunities. The Lees are absolutely wonderful and truly want their visitors to enjoy the outdoors and their stay. The only "con" I came across was the toileting situation. My teen daughter is not much on the outdoors, so the portable toilet and the natural method option were too weird and uncomfortable for her.

PRODUCT REVIEW: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I receive products to test from time to time - during this trip, I tested LiquidI.V. Hydration Multiplier. It is an electrolyte drink mix you add to a water bottle or 16 oz. of water. We tried the sampler pack. My favorite flavor is acai berry, and my daughter enjoyed the lemon-lime. Though we tried to remain hydrated, setting up camp and kayaking in the heat left us truly parched. Adding the LiquidI.V. to our water seemed to rejuvenate. Both my daughter and I feel that a whole "stick" seem to be overwhelming in one water bottle, but using half to 3/4 of a packet brought tasty hydration. I'm very picky when it comes to aftertastes, hating all fake sweeteners; however, this is made with pure cane sugar, and leaves your mouth satisfied. That is pretty rare! (Note: the passion fruit flavor left a slight aftertaste to me.) Additionally, my girlfriend and son tried some of our LiquidI.V. and loved it as well. This was great to have on hand!

Great for a quick trip

Nice and clean, not too terribly close to your neighbors. Awesome car camping spot with plenty of hiking trails.

Family friendly

Lots of family activities

Very clean

Friendly staff

Great family spot

They have a nice area for kids (pool, playground, jumping pillow, basketball courts, giant chess, etc). If you get an area to back into it’ll be more secluded, but the pull through spots offer no privacy. We enjoyed our stay. We would come again.

Great campground

My family loves this camp ground. It’s conveniently located, it’s quite, it’s beautiful and there is plenty to do to keep the kids busy.

Close to Baltimore...

The place was nice, lots for kids to do, plenty if shaded spots! Nice pool… they even allowed us to store the camper while we took a cruise out of Baltimore!

Great place for the family to have fun

This was a great place to go stick your feet in the water. Or throw your line in and catch some fish or just to have a day with the family out doing the picnic thing.

Beauty of camping by the river.

Caledon was an amazing adventure that’s so close to Fredericksburg. It’s a nice 3 mile hike to the campsite which is right by the Potomac river! They have porta Johns and a pavilion close by. The beach is beautiful and we saw the most gorgeous sunset. Would highly recommend this beautiful state park.

Beauty of camping by the river.

Favorite Local KOA

My go-to weekend KOA getaway! They should give frequent visitor rewards. 😀 I love this KOA. People are always so friendly and neighborly. Living in DC, this takes 1 hour to get to, and it is the closest I can get to experiencing a “real” camping experience. Meaning, you’re deep in the woods, smells of campfires, kids biking around, large groups of friends and family; yet, you have all of the amenities of a KOA resort. Excellent campground for kids, too. Lots to do and special events all of the time. It’s a huge campground, so there is a place for everyone: large rv’s with patios away from the woods, then everyone else gets to be in the woods. Beautiful cabins throughout the campground. The tent areas are awesome. Highly recommend!

Great for Families

A lot to do: mountain bike trails (horses and walking, too); wooded hikes with water along the trails (great for dogs in the summer heat), skateboard park, BMX park, Water Park near the campground, fishing, & canoeing). Best quality: totally in the woods so summer sun doesn’t affect you.

Family Favorite

Excellent campground and park for families. Swimming, biking, and hiking.

Historical Walk - TICKS in Grass

Beautiful to walk in and historical markings throughout the park describe the Civil War events here. Beware of massive amounts of ticks in the grass. Even wearing high socks and bug spray, we had ticks clinging to our ankles and socks. And, despite tick guard, our dog had three clinging to him. We stayed on the trails, too.

Non-Stop Busy, April-Oct

Absolutely beautiful to meet up with a large group and picnic. Easy walking/hiking trails up and down the Potomac River. VAState park fee. Fills up quickly on the weekend. If you can, visit Monday-Thursday. Morning is better than the evening to view the Falls. Bring bug spray and in the summer, be prepared for daily afternoon thunderstorms, even if not on weather report.

Beautiful & Welcoming

There is an entrance fee of $4 per car and they don't accept cards. The state park doesn't encourage you come in and go out because parking might get full by the time you make a second visit. There are many benches and grills here but they fill up too soon. There are public loos as well but nothing grand. There are two parking lots separated by a distance but mostly people park at the one nearer to the beach. Overall a nice place for the weekend and i am planning to visit again. This well maintained park has picnic areas, beach areas, hiking, fishing pier, and you can kayak here by renting a kayak at nearby Shallow Creek Kayaks just down the street. It's great for everyone in the family and would be a good place for large gatherings. This is by far my favorite Place around my area!

Great local bargain getaway

For a quick getaway that isn't far, Little Bennett is a great campground.

The staff is very helpful (they were great about helping me aid a lost 6 year old in finding his father).  They've got nice hiking trails, an adequate camp store (with a milkshake machine), a jumping pillow and other activities for kids. They even do outdoor movies.

The campground is easily accessible in case you need to run out for forgotten supplies. Campsites are spacious and bathrooms, etc. are nearby.

Perfect for anyone, especially families.